Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: Ritz-Carlton Gold, Hyatt Plat, AAdvantage Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by trouble747
Has the signup bonus for the everyday ever been above 10k?
At https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/ :

You can get a number of different targeted offers, one of which was for 30k mr pts after 2k spend for the preferred compared to the normal 15k pts.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wreckoner
At https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/ :

You can get a number of different targeted offers, one of which was for 30k mr pts after 2k spend for the preferred compared to the normal 15k pts.
Not everyone is targeted.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:55 pm

Yeah "cardmatch" tends to suggest cards I already have, and I've never had an amex come up on there.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by cotr
Hopefully they will let those of us with the Clear card finally do a product change.
I tried to do a PC from Clear to Amex Everyday via online chat today, but was denied. Since I want to get an MR-earning card to store my MR points from charge cards that I'm cancelling, I'll have to eat the hard pull and submit a new application for the Everyday card whose signup bonus is currently not that impressive.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
ViewFromTheWing was able to get a 30K offer on www.creditcards.com today for the Everyday Preferred card. No love my family. I'm going to call in on Monday and see if they will give it to me.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
One of my family member is able to get the 30 k offer after $2 k in spend. I will like to be able to apply using this offer but it is not allowing me to edit the first and last names (everything else is still editable). Is there a workaround for this? Pls post here or PM me. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 4:53 am
Suspended

Couple questions:

1) Are Everyday and Everday Preferred considered two different products? Could a person get sign up bonuses for both?

2) Has anyone charged purchases from a Target Superstore Grocery on the card? Is it coded as a grocery for the 2x?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: Ritz-Carlton Gold, Hyatt Plat, AAdvantage Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Couple questions:

1) Are Everyday and Everday Preferred considered two different products? Could a person get sign up bonuses for both?

2) Has anyone charged purchases from a Target Superstore Grocery on the card? Is it coded as a grocery for the 2x?
1) I believe they are separate, Although I probably wouldn't bother doing both since I already got a good bonus on EDP and normal bonuses are rather low.
2) In the MS threads people report that Target is not coded as a grocery store on AMEX generally, from results of using redbird.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:38 pm

I'd be interested in understanding if this has changed as well. Are you saying that Amazon gift cards period are not showing up or just the .50 cent ones ?

Thanks

Originally Posted by AJollyLife
Anyone have issues using amazon gift cards to meet the 30 purchase requirement? I tried making a number of .50 cent transactions, which originally showed as pending charges, but now no longer seem to count towards the 30 purchase count.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Wildcatz1
I'd be interested in understanding if this has changed as well. Are you saying that Amazon gift cards period are not showing up or just the .50 cent ones ?

Thanks
I made 9 amazon gift cards purchases 3 days ago for $1.00 each. All posted but only 4 counted as purchases. I have no idea why
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by gv111
One of my family member is able to get the 30 k offer after $2 k in spend. I will like to be able to apply using this offer but it is not allowing me to edit the first and last names (everything else is still editable). Is there a workaround for this? Pls post here or PM me. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
Any body has an idea how to work around this? TIA!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 4:09 pm

As reported on SlickDeals, there is a better offer here:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a.../039/uni-hol-1

$125 bonus for Everyday, $200 for Preferred.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by waingro
As reported on SlickDeals, there is a better offer here:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a.../039/uni-hol-1

$125 bonus for Everyday, $200 for Preferred.
Those are for the Blue Cash Everyday and Preferred cashback cards. This thread is about the Everyday and Everyday Preferred cards that earn MR.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:59 am

Is anyone thrilled about these cards? I was all set to get one as part of my regular spend and I'm thinking twice about it. I could easily meet the 30 transactions per month.

* 4.5x grocery is cool, but that's 27k MR.
* Gas at 3x is okay, but I don't spend a lot on gas and don't have that many big gas stores with gift cards near me. I live in a city. I also can get gas gift cards at 5x from staples with ink.
* 1.5x on the rest is good. But I'd almost rather have SPG at 1.25x if I were to get an amex. Shoot, I'd almost take an AA or UR at 1x over an MR at 1.5x

So on balance it feels like a gimmick card to me. I don't love MR points that much, so that's a factor that will make my evaluation different. (Sorry Delta hub prisoners.)

Even at 1.5 cent value, that 27k miles for grocery is only worth $240 after the membership fee. ((27k-6k)*.015)-$75)

What makes you enthusiastic for this card? The marketing is clever. It looks like a great everyday spend card, but I'm not sure it is.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Originally Posted by Mortgasm
Is anyone thrilled about these cards? I was all set to get one as part of my regular spend and I'm thinking twice about it. I could easily meet the 30 transactions per month.

* 4.5x grocery is cool, but that's 27k MR.
* Gas at 3x is okay, but I don't spend a lot on gas and don't have that many big gas stores with gift cards near me. I live in a city. I also can get gas gift cards at 5x from staples with ink.
* 1.5x on the rest is good. But I'd almost rather have SPG at 1.25x if I were to get an amex. Shoot, I'd almost take an AA or UR at 1x over an MR at 1.5x

So on balance it feels like a gimmick card to me. I don't love MR points that much, so that's a factor that will make my evaluation different. (Sorry Delta hub prisoners.)

Even at 1.5 cent value, that 27k miles for grocery is only worth $240 after the membership fee. ((27k-6k)*.015)-$75)

What makes you enthusiastic for this card? The marketing is clever. It looks like a great everyday spend card, but I'm not sure it is.
It is going to really depend upon your redemption preferences.

I used to be big on UR as I lived in a UA hub and mostly flew UA. Now in another city I have moved back to MR and really like this card. For me it was partially about simplification. With this card I can effectively carry 2 cards (EDP and citi premier soon to be prestige) and that yields category bonuses on: dining, travel, groceries, and gas plus 1.5 mr on all non-bonus spending.

Like you I live in a city and really don't care about the gas benefit. I also don't have the bandwidth or desire to deal with ms or gift cards. So this two card (in my wallet) solution provides the best yield covering the categories I spend in.

For non bonus spend it came down to 1.5mr, 1 spg, or 2% cash. The latter two meant a third card to carry as the grocery is a good category for me. Don't forget there are other bonuses that Amex runs that can make this 2.5x on other non bonus spend (eg, uber, small business). I personally don't want to carry that many cards as I often have a third I am trying to hit a min spend on.

EDP also means that when I need to charge on the plat (warranty, hotel benefit, etc) those points are not orphaned. I also have generally found redemptions that work for me on MR. While I love spg points, I don't fly AA so there is enough overlap between the partners that I rather have the speed of MR transfers vs. spg transfers.

In the end, I find enoug incremental value from the extra mr points from this card to choose mr over another program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.