Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 355F1
I got an email yesterday to upgrade my no-fee Everyday Card to the $95 AF Everyday Preferred card and they are giving me 40k MR points (they have been offering me 25k MR to UG for the last few months) for $2k in spend in the next 90 days!

Will keep for a year then downgrade.
Got the same offer and will probably bite but will wait until end of April right before the offer expires.

As it stands I need to focus spend on my DL AMEX for the MQD waiver (given lack of travel but have enough rollover that MQD waiver guarantees me Gold and gives me Plat with 2-3 trips at the tail end of the year). Plus all my grocery store spend right now is on the Chase Freedom Flex with it's 5x Grocery bonus sign-up offer so EDP would just sit in the drawer.
355F1 likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:54 am

Everyday Preferred bonus point stacking

One thing I've been trying to figure out: does the 50% bonus for hitting 30 transactions stack with the 3x points for groceries and 2x points for gas? Meaning 4.5 points per dollar for gas and 3 points per dollar for gas if you hit 30 transactions?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Correct
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:07 am

Correct they do stack or correct they don’t stack?
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by danib62
Meaning 4.5 points per dollar for gas and 3 points per dollar for gas if you hit 30 transactions?
This statement is correct.

4.5 MR per $1 on groceries. 3 MR per $1 on gas. 1.5 MR per $1 elsewhere. Provided you make 30 transactions a month.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Related question - is there a transaction tracker that shows me how many trx I currently have in the current period? I recently upgraded from the NAF Everyday to the Preferred (40k bonus) and I could swear the old card had one somewhere on the website or app. Getting tired of counting transactions
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:08 am

P2 and myself both had the 40k upgrade offers and took advantage.

Looking back on our ED/EDP journeys over the years…We each initially signed up for 30k on EDPs and 25k on EDs. Then cancelled the EDPs when AFs came due and have done 25k upgrade/downgrades three times each on the EDs, and now we’re doing the 40k upgrades. 340k points on top of whatever we’ve earned from spend. Every single time we downgrade from EDP to ED an upgrade offer shows up almost immediately.

We used to do the same with he BCE to BCP but the upgrade offers gradually got less compelling and we finally just closed those cards.
bobert24 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Related question - is there a transaction tracker that shows me how many trx I currently have in the current period? I recently upgraded from the NAF Everyday to the Preferred (40k bonus) and I could swear the old card had one somewhere on the website or app. Getting tired of counting transactions
There is. It might take a few days to show up if you upgraded.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:16 pm

Looking at the Amex EDP account on Chrome Browser, it clearly shows how many Posted Transactions you have for the monthly tally and says how many you have to go. Pending does not count to the total until they post.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:21 pm

AMEX EDP is also showing referral offer of 15K, was 7500, then was 10000, now at 15,000. Wife has the EDP account, so I referred myself for the ED for 10K (I don't have MR), figure I will get the upgrade offer in a few months and have 50K MR reward points very quickly for prorated annual fee, then downgrade once Annual fee is due.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Bratwurst und Bier
AMEX EDP is also showing referral offer of 15K, was 7500, then was 10000, now at 15,000. Wife has the EDP account, so I referred myself for the ED for 10K (I don't have MR), figure I will get the upgrade offer in a few months and have 50K MR reward points very quickly for prorated annual fee, then downgrade once Annual fee is due.
Took me two years to get an upgrade offer. Not sure if that is exceptionally bad, but just a data point.

Originally Posted by Bratwurst und Bier
Looking at the Amex EDP account on Chrome Browser, it clearly shows how many Posted Transactions you have for the monthly tally and says how many you have to go. Pending does not count to the total until they post.
thanks. I mostly use the iPad app to check my credit card accounts (from the couch office). But the browser UI on the iPad indeed shows it. Appreciate your help.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I mostly use the iPad app to check my credit card accounts (from the couch office). But the browser UI on the iPad indeed shows it. Appreciate your help.
If the iPad app is anything like the iPhone app, it's there but you need to dig down a bit to find it. Go to Membership > Redeem Rewards > Track Your Extra Points Benefit
Old Aug 27, 2021, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ebusch
If the iPad app is anything like the iPhone app, it's there but you need to dig down a bit to find it. Go to Membership > Redeem Rewards > Track Your Extra Points Benefit
Right, that's where it was (and still is). I was looking under Membership > Explore Card Benefits > Earn 50% more points.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 1:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues here: American Express (USA) "Everyday" Cards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.