Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by mia
Do you have Blue for Business -or- Blue Business Plus? Blue for Business was a card which earns one point per dollar, and participates in Membership Rewards Express. Blue Business Plus is a card which earns two points per dollar and participates in standard Membership Rewards.

Everyday and Blue Business Plus are free cards that can transfer to airline partners.

Blue for Business cannot transfer -unless- you also hold another card with the transfer feature.
Thanks mia.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 10:30 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
The 3X grocery earnings are supposed to cap at $6K per year, but I'm still seeing 3X listed next to grocery transactions even though I'm at $12K for the year. Is this a glitch in what the system is showing and I won't actually receive the bonus points? Or is the $6K cap not firmly enforced?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Previous report in another thread suggests it is a display glitch, and you will actually receive 1X. I will see if I can find the discussion.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:10 pm

Quick Question: I just got the American Express Everyday card and I would like to downgrade my American Express Blue Cash Preferred to the new card. My questions is would I loose the promotional 0% APR on the new card if I downgrade?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:26 pm
mia

Originally Posted by jjay
....I would like to downgrade my American Express Blue Cash Preferred to the new card. .
When did you open the Blue Cash Preferred card? You will likely not be able to downgrade in the twelve months.

What is the name of the new card?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by mia
When did you open the Blue Cash Preferred card? You will likely not be able to downgrade in the twelve months.

What is the name of the new card?
American Express Everyday
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:28 am
mia

Quick Question: I just got the American Express Everyday card and I would like to downgrade my American Express Blue Cash Preferred to the new card. ....
To be sure I understand correctly, you have an American Express Everyday card, and you want to convert a Blue Cash Preferred to a second Everyday card?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:14 am

I received a new Amex Everyday card and as soon as I opened the card and added it to my digital wallet, instantly I saw some suspicious/fraudulent charges. So clearly, my card had been compromised. Any idea how this could've been possible? I called Amex to send a replacement card but I'm curious to know how this brand new card could've been compromised.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by mia
To be sure I understand correctly, you have an American Express Everyday card, and you want to convert a Blue Cash Preferred to a second Everyday card?
I have addressed my original question with Amex. Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received a new Amex Everyday card and as soon as I opened the card and added it to my digital wallet, instantly I saw some suspicious/fraudulent charges. So clearly, my card had been compromised. Any idea how this could've been possible? I called Amex to send a replacement card but I'm curious to know how this brand new card could've been compromised.
Where do you get your mail? If in an unsecure location, perhaps someone took your envelope with the card, opened it in a way that you couldn't tell, got the info from the card, resealed the envelope in way you couldn't tell, and returned the card to you, then waited until you activated the card, and immediately did some charges.

That sort of thing is less likely to happen if you have a mail slot in your door, or if you get your mail at a PO Box or a commercial equivalent (UPS Store box, Mailboxes Etc box, etc), but more possible to happen if you have a mailbox out by the street where all your mail goes but you're not home most days at the moment it arrives.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've used unactivated cards before (my own cards, of course!) They worked. I've been told that they generally work up to a few hundred dollars, then they will start getting rejected.

This was not amex, though. Not sure if they are different.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by ebusch
Am I just missing it, or is the progress towards the 30 purchases for the EDP's 1.5x bonus no longer shown anywhere in the mobile app?
In case anyone else needed this, apparently it's moved a few times. Currently it's kind of buried but can be found by going to "Membership" then "Redeem Rewards" or "Use Points and Explore Rewards" and finally "Track your Extra Points Benefit"
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 6:27 pm

I am on the amex list and can't shake the pop up. I put spending on multiple cards to no avail. I have cut back on apps the last few years, not that I was going crazy before. Then I just get the ED preferred upgrade offer in my offers section. 25,000 points for $2k in spending. I'm in. I just went below 5/24 and got a chase card, so the timing was good. No pull by amex and I'll be back to 4/24 in a few months.
eponymous_coward likes this.

Last edited by mia; Apr 12, 2020 at 7:58 pm Reason: Please be mindful of Flyertalk Rule 16.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:38 am

It's really not a big deal, but I wonder when Amex will refresh the card, at least in design. Someone on reddit mentioned the regular ED being a pretty poor rewards card and my argument was that it basically is a BT card first and rewards card second. It's no AF and allows partner transfers so I don't feel you can expect wonderful rewards.

But, even if the card benefits don't change, I do wonder when they will de-emboss the ED lineup and make the cards modern looking. Of course, they haven't even done the BCE yet, and the BCP was done awhile ago now, so who knows.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by kdm31091
It's really not a big deal, but I wonder when Amex will refresh the card, at least in design. Someone on reddit mentioned the regular ED being a pretty poor rewards card and my argument was that it basically is a BT card first and rewards card second. It's no AF and allows partner transfers so I don't feel you can expect wonderful rewards.

But, even if the card benefits don't change, I do wonder when they will de-emboss the ED lineup and make the cards modern looking. Of course, they haven't even done the BCE yet, and the BCP was done awhile ago now, so who knows.
I always thought ED was a good value for no annual fee. The ability to earn transferable airline miles without having to pair it to a travel card is great.

You're basically earning 2.4x and 1.2x on spending. If you're getting a value of 4 cpp on your airline redemption, I think it's the best no AF card in the business.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.