Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by misterno
I know I think that equates to 100 dollars

but how do I get Prime now?
I'd say that MR pts are worth a lot more than 1c each. There are some bad redemption options that value them at 1c (or even less) but the point is, they are not going to see an offer for $100 attached to your account.

I'd call back and ask if they see an offer for Amazon prime and 10k MR pts. If they say no tell them that you applied through the link on their webstite, which has that offer. It is the standard offer (not targeted or anything) so I doubt you will have any problems, unless you previously had an Everyday card (Amex's policy is 1 bonus per card lifetime)
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by misterno
I know I think that equates to 100 dollars
Stop thinking like that. Redeeming AMEX points for dollars (or anything equivalent to them) is a very poor value, and that's the only case where it equates to 100 dollars.

When transferred to the right program and used in the right way, it can equate to signifcantly more than that. The exact amount is unpredictable, but that's exactly why it can be a good value; predictable redemptions tend to be the worst values.

For just one example, I once redeemed 25k airline miles for a domestic ticket that would have cost over $600 in money. That meant I got over $240 value out of 10k of those 25k miles.

And to a number of airlines, Amex MR points transfer 1:1.

(And Amex MR points can similarly be worth far more than 1c each when transferred to certain hotel programs and redeemed for nights that have a low point requirement but a high cash cost.)

The reason airilne miles and hotel points can give higher value is because they are "excess capacity" instruments, and of variiable value (compared to cash). But Amex has to pay real hard money to redeem your MR points for cash or gift cards or merchandise, and so there's no room for good value with those redemptions.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can always pay with pts or buy gift cards for 0.7c per pt.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
"3x points at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases"

anyone knows if per year here mean calendar year or card member year?

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Calendar. It's in the terms and conditions.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sunspotzsz
"3x points at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases"

anyone knows if per year here mean calendar year or card member year?

Thanks!
so theoretically, you could get this card middle December, hit 6k in groceries in Dec, hit 6k in groceries in early Jan, and cancel the card after points post and get AF refunded?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by TMM1982
so theoretically, you could get this card middle December, hit 6k in groceries in Dec, hit 6k in groceries in early Jan, and cancel the card after points post and get AF refunded?
The points wouldn't post until after the payment in Jan for Dec, then Feb for Jan, so it might take 3-4 months to do that.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, US Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone have issues using amazon gift cards to meet the 30 purchase requirement? I tried making a number of .50 cent transactions, which originally showed as pending charges, but now no longer seem to count towards the 30 purchase count.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 6:18 pm

Are Visa GC's purchased at Von's/Safeway excluded or included in the grocery category bonus?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:43 am

Has the signup bonus for the everyday ever been above 10k?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trouble747
Has the signup bonus for the everyday ever been above 10k?
Right now it is 10k + a year of Amazon prime. My prime membership was set to renew in a few weeks to that saved me $99.

I think that some people have reported getting better targeted offers, but I don't think that the public offer has been higher.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:11 pm
She

I received a targeted offer for the Everyday card - 25k MR points after $2k spend
Unfortunately the letter was addressed to me in my English name, not my legal name, so they won't process the application unless I can provide documentation showing my English name, which I can't because all my official documents are in my legal name. Any idea where they would have even pulled my English name from?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 6:46 pm

I can't recall ever receiving a single thing in the mail from amex. I have excellent credit and numerous cards (only amex is SPG) but never targeted for anything.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Right now it is 10k + a year of Amazon prime. My prime membership was set to renew in a few weeks to that saved me $99.

I think that some people have reported getting better targeted offers, but I don't think that the public offer has been higher.
I do not see Amazon Prime offer anymore. On Amex site they say it was limited time offer which was no longer available.
Any links which still point to offer with Amazon?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alexxgr
I do not see Amazon Prime offer anymore. On Amex site they say it was limited time offer which was no longer available.
Any links which still point to offer with Amazon?
I guess it's gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.