Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I currently have a Blue (virtually never use) and an SPG Business (default spend) card. I plan on getting an Everyday card at some point so I can actually use my MR points for airline transfers, but I'm trying to decide if it's worth waiting on a good targeted offer, or just taking the 10K and being done with it. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, and no status whatsoever on the airlines (!)
Personally, if you're sure you want this card (and I do recommend it!), I'd suggest just taking the plunge. The highest targeted offers I've heard about are for 15K. You can manufacture-spend 5K in a month or two easily, so it seems counterproductive to wait.

If I'm mistaken, though, and there've been much higher targeted offers, then maybe it's worth waiting .
Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatAdamGuy
Personally, if you're sure you want this card (and I do recommend it!), I'd suggest just taking the plunge. The highest targeted offers I've heard about are for 15K. You can manufacture-spend 5K in a month or two easily, so it seems counterproductive to wait.

If I'm mistaken, though, and there've been much higher targeted offers, then maybe it's worth waiting .
The bolded has been my exact thought. Plus, from what I've read here, to get Amex to target you (I've never received a targeted offer from Amex), you need to cut your Amex spend for months and honestly cutting my SPG card spend to zero just to get an extra few thousand MR points doesn't seem worth it.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 5:45 pm

There's a targeted offer for the EveryDay for 20,000 MR plus Amazon Prime. (The public offer is 10,000 + Prime.)
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
i got 25,000 mr points but no prime
Old Jan 3, 2015, 10:08 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by happyvoid
i got 25,000 mr points but no prime
For Everyday -or- Everyday Preferred?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:21 pm

I have the Amex Optima card from like '99 with no annual fee.

I know when I signed up my dad for the Everyday, the Optima automatically canceled on his account. Not sure why that happened.

I wanted to inquire if anyone knows if i lose any special benefit on the Optima Platinum which is no longer offered if i apply for Everyday card.

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:45 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

ED Preferred 30k

Data point, I just saw on CardMatch.com a targeted offer for 30k on the preferred (I already had targeted non-preferred for 25k).

Would it make sense to apply for the Gold (50k) simultaneously? Hoping to hold out for 100k on the Platinum.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mia
This has been true for a long while, and it likely true at all card issuers because the consumer protection regulations differ between business and personal cards.

I think this is a made up explanation, but nonetheless it may be policy. I would ask again (on a week day, during regular EST business hours, not January 1-4). If the conversion to Everyday is not permitted, ask if Blue Cash can be converted to Blue from American Express. Just ask, you may not want that card, but it will tell us if this is a points/cash issue.
Thanks for the suggestion!

I called again today during normal business hours, and even spoke with a Supervisor, but unfortunately was told the same thing. No dice for the Blue Cash, Blue Business, or Gold Rewards Card. Oh well, looks like I may need to apply for this after all.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:22 am

Targeted American Express Everyday Preferred offer

I received a 30k bonus with $2k spend/3 months.
  • Earn 30,000 points after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
  • Earn 50% more points: Make 30 or more purchases with your Card in a billing period and earn 50% more points on those purchases less returns and credits. Terms and limitations apply.
  • 3x points at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 2x points at US gas stations; 1x points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.

$95 annual fee, not waived the first year. It looks like a great deal to me, personally.

Last edited by mia; Jan 6, 2015 at 10:56 am Reason: Add "Preferred" to post title.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Patrickthetiger
$95 annual fee, not waived the first year.
This offer is for Everyday Preferred, not for the Everyday card.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by mia
This offer is for Everyday Preferred, not for the Everyday card.
WHOOPS. My reading comprehension is sliding, you guys.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:56 am

my wife received an every day offer in the mail for 20k MR and prime membership ( which i already have 50% off since i am a student). is the 20k a good offer? she also received a 50k PRG for 50k but i currently have one in my name but not hers.

my wife is still building her credit and only got a few cards in her name ( discover card, department store one, and a BOA credit card). should i get her the every day non preferred since it has a non fee to continue building her credit? the PRG is a charge card so i am thinking that may be OK for now.

thoughts ?!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:05 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

Originally Posted by jordandawg05
my wife received an every day offer in the mail for 20k MR and prime membership ( which i already have 50% off since i am a student). is the 20k a good offer? she also received a 50k PRG for 50k but i currently have one in my name but not hers.

my wife is still building her credit and only got a few cards in her name ( discover card, department store one, and a BOA credit card). should i get her the every day non preferred since it has a non fee to continue building her credit? the PRG is a charge card so i am thinking that may be OK for now.

thoughts ?!
I would check CardMatch first to see if she might have the 30k pref offer and then do a comparison on annual spend to see which makes the most sense for your situation. Blogger comparison: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...eferred-cards/
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:58 pm

Question about Amazon Prime...

Does the free year start from card approval or when you actually apply the code to your amazon account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.