Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2014, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by lewinr
Some info that might be useful: It appears that paying for items bought on ebay (and possibly elsewhere) using Amex via Paypal do not count in the 30 transactions for the 50% bonus points on the Everyday Preferred card.
It looks like I was wrong. The card is new and I made some purchases on ebay and paid with the card via paypal. I saw the charges had posted but the count of qualifying charges was still at 0. I looked at the terms which said that purchases of cash-like instruments do not count so I assumed it was because of that. But them this morning I saw that the count had increased. So I was wrong.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Prime code?

Anyone know how long after meeting the spending you get the code for Prime? I wasn't sure if it would be immediate, or after the statement you meet spend, or if it's delayed an extra month like points posting.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by PHLisa
Anyone know how long after meeting the spending you get the code for Prime? I wasn't sure if it would be immediate, or after the statement you meet spend, or if it's delayed an extra month like points posting.
I met the spend requirement on Nov 20, the statement closed on Nov 26, and I received the Amazon Prime code on Nov 28.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by mbjorklu
I met the spend requirement on Nov 20, the statement closed on Nov 26, and I received the Amazon Prime code on Nov 28.
Thanks. Seems like it's tied to the statement drop then.

Update: it actually came before my first statement. I made the qualifying transaction on Saturday; once it cleared, I got an email just after midnight Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. So... 36-48 hours.

Last edited by PHLisa; Dec 17, 2014 at 9:34 am
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:27 pm

I can confirm that I was able to convert my Blue card (just a "Blue" card) to the Everday card. Will wait for 13mo then ask for an upgrade promo to go to EDP.

(Just did this now, online, via chat.)
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:50 pm

I had good luck w/ moving my spend to other cards in order to get a targeted upgrade bonus.

i.e. I had a Gold card that I put 2-3k/mo on for the past year, picked up a PRG and moved my spend there to meet the bonus threshold and stopped spending on the Gold, and next thing you know, the Gold card had a 50k pt offer to upgrade to Platinum.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:57 pm

Just got a targeted offer for AmEx Everyday 10k points plus a year of Amazon Prime after spending $1k (wife) and another targeted offer for AmEx Everyday 25k points after spending $2k (me) AND another targeted offer for $200 back and a year of Amazon Prime after spending $1k. She already has Blue Cash Preferred and I only have corporate (not business) Gold and Serve card, not an AU on her BCP account.

All in today's mail
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by justinh20
Just got a targeted offer for AmEx Everyday 10k points plus a year of Amazon Prime after spending $1k
That is the standard offer currently available on their website (not targeted). I just signed up for it too, so I'll be free to cancel my PRG whenever I want (and not lose my MR pts)
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:07 pm

Just found it interesting I got three AmEx offers in the mail on the same day. The latter two offers seem good but not going to take them right now
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:46 pm

statement closed , paid in full and still NO points in my account
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
statement closed , paid in full and still NO points in my account
You have to wait until a couple of days after the next statement date. Amex is realllllllly slooooooow with this.

Apparently you can call and ask a CSR to manually post them sooner. But if you click on the little ? beside the pt total, it will show your pending pts. If you are not going to use them before your next statement date, there's no harm just waiting for Amex to post them. They will show up eventually.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:04 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

Hold both Everyday & Everyday Preferred?

Sorry if I missed it but I couldn't find a definitive answer whether AMEX:

1. Considers this to be one product or two;
2. Will allow you to hold both versions;
3. Potential for bonus on both cards (obviously "no" if neither 1 or 2 is possible);
4. Potential to upgrade card, and 12 mo wait or upgrade anytime?

I received the 25k targeted offer on the standard card and will likely take it, but ultimately want the pref version for long term use. This would be my first AMEX and I know the rules have changed a lot this year re: bonus potential.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I'd love to switch one of my existing products to the no fee Everyday Card, but have been told both via chat and over the phone that none of my cards are eligible. I currently have:

1) Blue Cash Everyday Card
2) Blue for Business Card
3) Business Gold Rewards Card

I'm told that neither of the Business Cards are eligible to switch to a consumer card, and since the Blue Cash card earns Cash, that it is also not eligible to switch to a points card.

Has anyone with any of these cards been able to switch? I'd really like to get this card without another credit pull.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by tmm1012
I'd love to switch one of my existing products to the no fee Everyday Card, but have been told both via chat and over the phone that none of my cards are eligible. I currently have:

1) Blue Cash Everyday Card
2) Blue for Business Card
3) Business Gold Rewards Card

I'm told that neither of the Business Cards are eligible to switch to a consumer card, and since the Blue Cash card earns Cash, that it is also not eligible to switch to a points card.

Has anyone with any of these cards been able to switch? I'd really like to get this card without another credit pull.
That sounds about right, sadly. None of those cards are eligible because they're in different product groups from the Blue / Blue Sky / Mercedes Credit / EveryDay cards.

Here's a thread I started on this subject, where I'm hoping more of us will dump useful data and confirmations: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...nversions.html
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tmm1012
I'm told that neither of the Business Cards are eligible to switch to a consumer card...
This has been true for a long while, and it likely true at all card issuers because the consumer protection regulations differ between business and personal cards.

...since the Blue Cash card earns Cash, that it is also not eligible to switch to a points card.
I think this is a made up explanation, but nonetheless it may be policy. I would ask again (on a week day, during regular EST business hours, not January 1-4). If the conversion to Everyday is not permitted, ask if Blue Cash can be converted to Blue from American Express. Just ask, you may not want that card, but it will tell us if this is a points/cash issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.