Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:04 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jesperss
Does the free year start from card approval or when you actually apply the code to your amazon account?
See here:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...rime-faqs.html

You do not receive the Amazon Prime code until you make the required spend.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Question about Amazon Prime...

Does the free year start from card approval or when you actually apply the code to your amazon account?
Promotional codes are good for one-time use only and must be redeemed by 8/31/15.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: None
I just wanted to confirm if this is based on Calender year (and not membership year) in practice. Don't want to spend $6k on MS only to realize it doesn't reset. I used my $6k limit last calender year but my membership year is not up yet. The terms do mention calender year, but just wanted to make sure.

You earn: 2 additional points (for a total of 3 points) on the first $6,000 of eligible purchases in a calendar year at supermarkets located in the U.S. (superstores and warehouse clubs are not considered supermarkets); 1 additional point (for a total of 2 points) for gasoline at gas stations located in the U.S. (superstores, supermarkets and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline are not considered gas stations).
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BADELAYS
....Calender year (and not membership year) in practice.
The card was introduced in March 2014. No one has any real experience with using the card in the new calendar year, aside from the last 8 days. If in doubt, why not make one small supermarket purchase, wait for the closing date, and see?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just wanted to confirm if this is based on Calender year (and not membership year) in practice. Don't want to spend $6k on MS only to realize it doesn't reset. I used my $6k limit last calender year but my membership year is not up yet. The terms do mention calender year, but just wanted to make sure.
So go buy a tube of toothpaste or a pack of gum or something and see how many points you get for it.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by mia
The card was introduced in March 2014. No one has any real experience with using the card in the new calendar year, aside from the last 8 days. If in doubt, why not make one small supermarket purchase, wait for the closing date, and see?
Will try and post back. Good thing that Amex shows pending MR points.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You earn: 2 additional points (for a total of 3 points) on the first $6,000 of eligible purchases in a calendar year at supermarkets located in the U.S. (superstores and warehouse clubs are not considered supermarkets); 1 additional point (for a total of 2 points) for gasoline at gas stations located in the U.S. (superstores, supermarkets and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline are not considered gas stations).
The T&Cs when I got the card, clearly said it is CALENDAR year but it does not hurt to do a test buy and see how it goes.

The only card in the EDS area that is by Membership Year is the Old Blue Cash AFAIK.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:33 pm

Did any existing user of Amex applied and got amazon prime code after spend?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:24 pm

For those that have applied using the 30k cardmatch offer... I was wondering if this offer included Amazon Prime after making the MS?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:54 am

AX Everyday Card do not endorse Amazon Prime

I applied for the card because the link I was applying said free Amazon prime +100 if I spend X dollars

I got the card called CSR they are saying they do not see that promotion in their screen

So what do you do?

I forgot which link I used to apply
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: Too many to list
This one? https://www304.americanexpress.com/c.../amex-everyday
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Mandolin
Yes that is the one
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by misterno
I applied for the card because the link I was applying said free Amazon prime +100 if I spend X dollars

I got the card called CSR they are saying they do not see that promotion in their screen

So what do you do?

I forgot which link I used to apply
What do you mean, +100? The offer is for a year of Amazon Prime + 10k MR pts.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
What do you mean, +100? The offer is for a year of Amazon Prime + 10k MR pts.
I know I think that equates to 100 dollars

but how do I get Prime now?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by misterno
I know I think that equates to 100 dollars

but how do I get Prime now?
You will get an email with a promotional code for one year of Amazon Prime after you meet the required spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.