Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
None of the charges mentioned by davie355 fall into categories for which there are commonly category bonuses, except supermarkets for which Everyday itself has a category bonus.
davie355 mentioned drugstores (and there are other cards with that as a bonus category) and Amazon (while I'm not sure how many cards have this as a regular category, either it specifically or online purchases seems to be a common rotating category).
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:53 am

Does paying with Apple Pay still retain the bonus? Or is it like PayPal where you are actually paying PayPal and they pay the company?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:48 am

Is there and easy way to figure if I've reached a cap on category spend? Thanks

Update: answering to my own question:

Last edited by avagyan; Jul 21, 2015 at 10:12 am
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Sintaku
Does paying with Apple Pay still retain the bonus? Or is it like PayPal where you are actually paying PayPal and they pay the company?
My ApplePay transactions have all appeared with bonuses where they should
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
EDP best offers?

What are typical good targeted offers for the EDP? I'm not targeted but just curious what's better than the 15K public offer.

Is there some incognito link that may work? Just like the PRG 50K one is supposedly targeted but using a particular URL in incognito mode can show the bonus? How was that URL discovered anyway?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pritomd
What are typical good targeted offers for the EDP?
25,000 seems to be typical. One poster mentioned 30,000 using creditcards.com CardMatch feature.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:47 am

Programs: DL, Marriott
Amex EDP swipe bonus and point posting

Hi

So I've read that the EDP Swipe bonus takes a long time to post...maybe TWO statements after the fact instead of just one (for the standard points).

My question is that:

A) Besides all of this, basic question: can you see how many MR points are earned per transaction?

B) If yes, do the pending points for the swipe bonus say from which transaction they came from? In case I want to verify the 50% bonus?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 6:42 am
mia

Originally Posted by pritomd
... can you see how many MR points are earned per transaction?
  • Login to americanexpress.com
  • Click: Available Points (just to the right of the MR balance)
  • Click: Activity Detail tab
  • Click: [+] to expand an entry
  • Click: See Card Bonus Detail

Pending points can be seen on the Summary tab, but this view is not available while the points are pending, you need to wait until they have posted.

Last edited by mia; Jul 22, 2015 at 8:03 am
Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:13 pm

Hi all,

Was just chatting with an online CSR and asked whether there was a bonus for upgrading from the EveryDay to the EveryDay preferred. She said that there wasn't a bonus that I'm eligible for.

I then asked whether there actually are bonuses out there for upgrading from ED to EDP, and she said that yes there are and I should probably wait for an invitation code before I make the switch.

Do any FT users have any knowledge or experience with an upgrade bonus from ED to EDP?

Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:18 pm

can a business gold card be changed to the no fee every day card to keep the membership reward points? or do I need to apply this card first then cancel the business gold card?
thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beflying
can a business gold card be changed to the no fee every day card to keep the membership reward points? or do I need to apply this card first then cancel the business gold card?
thanks.
If you apply first you'll get the 10k signup bonus. If you were to be able to convert, you wouldn't get any signup bonus now (or every again in your lifetime).

But furthermore, the Business Gold is a charge card, and the Everyday no-AF card is a credit card. I don't think they can convert charge cards to credit cards anyway, only charge cards to other charge cards, and credit cards to other credit cards.

So you might as well apply for the Everyday "from scratch" and get the 10k signup bonus, and then cancel the Gold (after you make sure your Membership Rewards account is linked between those two cards).
Old Aug 14, 2015, 4:27 pm

I had an old Blue card that I hadn't used in a while. I'd recently been planning to apply for the Everyday card in order to a) get the 10K bonus points, and b) make my points "full" MR points (the Blue card earns MR points but they are "express" points that can't be transferred). Just received a notice that my Blue card has been converted to the Everyday, "as our way of saying thank you". Now that I have the Everyday, I'm ineligible for the new member bonus. To be clear, I didn't request this conversion.

All in all, this conversion is an upgrade, but I'm a little miffed that I missed out on the chance to apply for the Everyday and receive the 10K bonus. I just tried the online chat to see if they could extend the bonus offer, but all I got was a stock non-answer, so he opened a "case" and forwarded my question to marketing.

Anyone else experienced this? Any tips?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:12 pm

NEWB. I have the EveryDay card and am interested in getting the EveryDay Preferred.

Will I get the 15,000 welcome bonus for the Preferred?

Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card offer terms: "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product."
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Himey97
NEWB. I have the EveryDay card and am interested in getting the EveryDay Preferred.

Will I get the 15,000 welcome bonus for the Preferred?

Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card offer terms: "Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product."
These are 2 separate cards. So you can get a bonus for each 1 time .
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:25 pm
mia

If you do not yet have an Everyday card see this thread for the best public offer:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...nup-bonus.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.