Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2015, 3:20 pm

The wiki says "**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some. "

Any one have success (hopefully somewhat recently) in PCing a BCP to an EDP?

I'd finally talked myself into switching over from cash back to MRs. I'd finally talked myself into applying for the 25k EDP offer. Except that it's not an EDP offer, it's just ED. For 15k MR I'd rather not take the HP and hit to AAoA.

I know I read accounts of some PC's right after the ED family came out. I don't recall now whether they were preferreds or not. But I've now been told by chat and phone that it can't be done. Still, I'm not 100% convinced. Same CSR on the phone said I could still use my other AmEx at Costco after 3/31/16 so...not the most informed. I'm willing to HUCA, but wonder if there's a better time or number to get a better answer from.

DH has a Plat, I'm thinking if I were to call whatever number is on his card, maybe I'd get someone better?

ETA: NM. Now I don't want to know. Went for the regular 15k on EDP.

Last edited by cal_quail; Sep 13, 2015 at 12:25 pm
Old Sep 13, 2015, 12:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of difficulty displaying the 25,000 point Everyday (free) Card offer has been moved to the dedicated thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...nup-bonus.html
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by jimindc
Just received a notice that my Blue card has been converted to the Everyday, "as our way of saying thank you".
I got this letter that my Blue would be converted soon. I promptly applied and was approved for the Everyday card. Confirmed with the CSR on the 25K MR bonus. The card should arrive this week and next week the Blue-EV conversion will happen. I wonder if I can try to PC that to an OBC? Hmm...
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:05 am

Can be get bonus on both cards?
Your questions were not answered. So I would like to ask again.

Originally Posted by 2Tall4Y
Sorry if I missed it but I couldn't find a definitive answer whether AMEX:

1. Considers this to be one product or two;
2. Will allow you to hold both versions;
3. Potential for bonus on both cards (obviously "no" if neither 1 or 2 is possible);
4. Potential to upgrade card, and 12 mo wait or upgrade anytime?

I received the 25k targeted offer on the standard card and will likely take it, but ultimately want the pref version for long term use. This would be my first AMEX and I know the rules have changed a lot this year re: bonus potential.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:30 pm

since i am not that familiar with product and have a long way to go in learning, i made the mistake today by applying for the first link when i opened it in incognito mode and gave me 30K but didn't pay attention to the annual fee, anyway, i applied for my wife and she got approved. i am not sure if i can in the future convert this card to a no annual fee card or not.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
The Amex-BA transfer ratio has dropped today 240 Amex : 200 BA. The value of this card has gone down.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:51 pm
mia

Moderator suggestion

Please discuss the current offers in the specific threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...int-offer.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...nup-bonus.html
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:05 am
Suspended

Anyone know how long it takes for the earned and 20% bonus points to appear in your account? I should have earned about 14k with the bonus, statement closed oct 7, and nothing yet, not even a pending section.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Anyone know how long it takes for the earned and 20% bonus points to appear in your account? I should have earned about 14k with the bonus, statement closed oct 7, and nothing yet, not even a pending section.
Have you paid the statement balance?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:07 pm
mia

Originally Posted by TMM1982
... statement closed oct 7, and nothing yet, not even a pending section.
The base points should appear Pending a few days after the statement closes. Try this:

• Go to: membershiprewards.com
  • Login, using green button
  • Click: your name > Points Summary
  • Click: Summary tab (black)

Scroll down to Additional Information where you should see Pending Points

Click: View Details

Read more here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ints-post.html

Originally Posted by mhdena
Have you paid the statement balance?
This does not affect Pending Points, and it is not necessary to pay the FULL balance for credit card points to post after the next statement. You only need to pay within terms, by making the minimum required payment.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by cal_quail
The wiki says "**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some. "

Any one have success (hopefully somewhat recently) in PCing a BCP to an EDP?

I'd finally talked myself into switching over from cash back to MRs. I'd finally talked myself into applying for the 25k EDP offer. Except that it's not an EDP offer, it's just ED. For 15k MR I'd rather not take the HP and hit to AAoA.

I know I read accounts of some PC's right after the ED family came out. I don't recall now whether they were preferreds or not. But I've now been told by chat and phone that it can't be done. Still, I'm not 100% convinced. Same CSR on the phone said I could still use my other AmEx at Costco after 3/31/16 so...not the most informed. I'm willing to HUCA, but wonder if there's a better time or number to get a better answer from.

DH has a Plat, I'm thinking if I were to call whatever number is on his card, maybe I'd get someone better?

ETA: NM. Now I don't want to know. Went for the regular 15k on EDP.
don't worry, i don't think you could have converted a cashback card to a MR card. i tried converting my blue to a blue cash, since i didn't want it to autoconvert to an ED, taking away my chance to get a bonus on that card someday. both times i contacted amex, they gave me the same explanation: cash cards can convert to cash cards, and MR cards to MR cards, but not one to the other.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:50 am

Got the EDP recently with the 30k signup bonus. However it appears that the Amazon giftcard "trick" may no longer be working. I made four small Amazon test gift-card purchases that posted to my account on 11/1/15 however they are not counting as of 11/4 in my overall transaction count for the 30 monthly transactions. Similar transaction amounts from other vendors are counting just fine.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Can someone help me understand how MR points post? I got an ED, and my first statement just closed. Mind you, I asked for a specific due date, so the # of days in the statement was a bit higher (~50 I think) since I just opened the ED and it's my first statement.

On my 'Pending Points', when I click on Available Points>Summary, I only see the 25K sign up bonus and 37 additional points. I do not have any points related to my actual spend (the 2K I spent, plus grocery / 20% bonus). When do these show up? I have heard the 20% bonus shows up late, but I'm more concerned about where the points for my 2K spend (a good chunk from groceries, too) is.

Also, on my statement itself it says 0 Available and Pending points, and at the bottom it also says 0 points earned...when do my points start showing? Not just 20% bonus but general spend? Or did I not wait enough time? Statement just closed today.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:55 pm
mia

Originally Posted by pritomd
Can someone help me understand how MR points post?
Everything will become clear over the next ~30 days, but read here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ints-post.html
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
when can I begin 2016 Grocery spend.

I have completed my $6K in grocery spend for 2015.
My next statement closes the second week of December. After that closing date, can I begin my grocery spending for 2016, or should I wait until January 1st?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.