Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express Everyday PREFERRED 30-50,000 point offers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
There is also an offer for the Everyday (Free) card discussed in THIS thread.

Please use this thread to discuss the OFFER. To learn about Everyday cards, please see the established thread:

American Express Everyday Cards
Print Wikipost

American Express Everyday PREFERRED 30-50,000 point offers.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up American Express Everyday PREFERRED 30-50,000 point offers.

Also, there is a public 30k offer avaliable

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...day-preferred/
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:15 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by milaohu
Also, there is a public 30k offer avaliable

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...day-preferred/
That link shows 15K. Am I missing something?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The moderator verified the link before moving this post to create a new thread. Most likely American Express has configured the higher offer not to appear if their system recognizes you as an existing customer.

The usual workaround is to try a different browser, or Incognito/Private mode which hides cookies, or a different internet connection. I am currently at an airport, which means my IP address would not be associated with my American Express accounts.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
That link shows 15K. Am I missing something?
Just like the 25k link for the non-Preferred Everyday, you have to open the link in a browser (or on a computer) which has no cookies/etc from an Amex login from you. If the link sees cookies/etc from a previous Amex login, it will show you the "regular" (smaller) offer.

I just opened it in Chrome at work (which I've never used for logging into Amex) and it came up with the 30k offer.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:55 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thanks, mia and sdsearch. I might have to pay a visit to the library and use its computer.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Can one get a bonus for the Preferred and the regular?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by UA Fan
yes. yes and again yes.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I would get the free one with the 25k points first.

The $95 annual fee on the preferred is not waived, and will be due on first statement.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mhdena
I would get the free one with the 25k points first.

The $95 annual fee on the preferred is not waived, and will be due on first statement.
Agree. Large bonuses in the future are more likely on the Preferred. 25k on a no AF card is uncommon.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:47 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Bear in mind that most USA customers are limited to four American Express issued credit cards. Everyday and Everyday Preferred are credit cards, as are Blue, Costco, Delta, Hilton, JetBlue, Lowes, Starwood, and several misc business cards. Many may not have room for both of these without cancelling others.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Is the Everyday Preferred card considered a distinct product from the standard Everyday card?

Asking because I'm probably ineligible for the bonus if they're considered the same product (I have the standard card).
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VisaW
Is the Everyday Preferred card considered a distinct product from the standard Everyday card?

Asking because I'm probably ineligible for the bonus if they're considered the same product (I have the standard card).
They are distinct cards within the same family. You can get the bonus for the Preferred even if you received a bonus for the standard card. Another possibility would be if you get a targeted bonus offer to upgrade from Everyday to Everyday Preferred.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:36 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

Trying to give the CBR a rest, and now I have Chase BA card, Citi AA Exec, targeted Citi Pestige 75k, and now this offer to consider?

FWIW, I think this is a fantastic card and a long term keeper. Chase app goes in first though.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Originally Posted by mhdena
yes. yes and again yes.
NO! Do NOT apply for the preferred if you recently got the regular one.

I was approved for the regular Amex Everyday 3 weeks ago (the only Amex application within 5 months).
My application on Amex Everyday Preferred card was automatically cancelled just now.

New account department from 800-319-9847 told me this was a duplicate application so it was canceled, and asked me to wait 90 days.

I'm not sure if my credit was pulled.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:51 pm

4 Amex credit cards is the max allowed, charge cards are a different category and do not count towards the 4 max. Also some co branded credit cards do not count to the 4 max, (Fidelity, Macy's).

You must have did something wrong or have to many cards.

A call to new accounts could clear things up if not at 4 cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.