Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
I had 4 customer service reps the other night. It took that many for a rep in MR to assure me that even though I was only seeing 26 transactions for the 30 + bonus she could see all 31 of my transactions and said they were counting toward the billing cycle. My account closed yesterday and the bonus tracker is still showing last months transactions. And they are still under 30.

This is going to be a difficult system to track points earned.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Has anyone received their sign up bonus yet for this card? I have nothing, even from the spend, and my first statement closed 11/13

JudyJFLA
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Has anyone received their sign up bonus yet for this card? I have nothing, even from the spend, and my first statement closed 11/13

JudyJFLA
You should see it soon. It should have been pending between 11/13 and 12/13, assuming you met min spend already. Mine posted a few days after the second month's statement.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by touristtrap
Does anyone else have a problem with the purchases tracking tool?

Mine is only showing pending purchases and 0 posted ones.
Yes. I have the Everyday card, and I have 22 transactions so far in my current billing cycle. All 22 show up in my transaction history, but my tracker says I have 8 transactions total. Weird.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by LWT3
Yes. I have the Everyday card, and I have 22 transactions so far in my current billing cycle. All 22 show up in my transaction history, but my tracker says I have 8 transactions total. Weird.
I'm at 38, but only showing 25 and closing in 2 days...
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
50% bonus of $6,000 Groceries not showing yet

Signed up in mid Oct 2015. Received 30,000 points.
Before mid December statement closing date I did 30 plus purchases , including 6,000 in groceries. ( 3X ). 18,000 points just posted on January Statement , but no mention of 50% bonus. Does the extra 50% typically delay in posting.
Would rather not call, since this is DW's account, and chat and SM have become harder to do with Amex.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Before mid December statement closing date I did 30 plus purchases , including 6,000 in groceries. ( 3X ). 18,000 points just posted on January Statement , but no mention of 50% bonus. Does the extra 50% typically delay in posting.
In my experience, the bonus (I have the regular Everyday so its 20%) posts the same day as the regular spend. See the screenshot from my account. Make sure you go into your MR activity detail so you can see if it posted, or if it pending. If you can't find it anywhere, you will prob have to call Amex.

Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
American Express "Everyday" Cards

As a recent EDP applicant I too had questions about the points posting as my "pending" points amount was only at the regular earnings ratio. Called AMEX and after a rep who had no clue I got a supervisor who confirmed that regular earnings posted in the month after the billing cycle BUT bonus points (for the 30 transaction bonus) would not post until ANOTHER billing cycle so essentially you have to wait 2 months for the bonus to post. Ridiculous!!!!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
Ridiculous!!!!
Perhaps, but clearly disclosed in the terms.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Does anyone know if Trader Joe's counts as a grocery store for Amex cards?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
... Trader Joe's counts as a grocery store for Amex cards?
Yes:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-category.html
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:14 pm

Hi,

Newbie question here. I have both amex gold and amex everday. Both the points are accumulated on one amex MR number. I plan to cancel amex gold. Will I loose the points made by amex gold? Also, could i have ability to transfer points to airlines later time after gold card cancellation? And will it be free or fee based if it is possible? Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2016, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by gkflyer82
Hi,

Newbie question here. I have both amex gold and amex everday. Both the points are accumulated on one amex MR number. I plan to cancel amex gold. Will I loose the points made by amex gold? Also, could i have ability to transfer points to airlines later time after gold card cancellation? And will it be free or fee based if it is possible? Thanks
The points will stay in your MR account, as long as you have one MR-earning card open. Because the Amex EveryDay earns and transfers MRs, you'll continue to be able to transfer points out without fees.

That's the principle selling point of the Amex EveryDay—fee free and earns transferrable points (not those pesky cash points). Chase, for example, would require a $99 AF for CSP or Ink+.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:41 am

I've topped off my EDP 30 transactions with a few gift card reloads and amex doesn't seem to be counting it. They have the past few months. Anyone have any experience here?
Old Feb 21, 2016, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by ifish110
I've topped off my EDP 30 transactions with a few gift card reloads and amex doesn't seem to be counting it. They have the past few months. Anyone have any experience here?
Does it show up as pending next to the big segmented circle? If the transaction is listed under pending, it should show up as pending in the transaction tracker. If it's posted, it should definitely count in the circle. If not, contact Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.