Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
This system may cost them more money.
If they can staff one rather than two bartenders at peak times, self-service soft drinks (maybe beer as well) would probably save them money after not that much time.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:05 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I have not been to this lounge. Does the renovation affect the wine dispensing system?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by mia
I have not been to this lounge. Does the renovation affect the wine dispensing system?
The wine wall is somewhat built into the structure from the entrance view, to the view from the bar area.To me its part of the esthetic of the Centurion Lounge SFO. The wine dispensing system is placed in front of the wine wall in the bar area. From what I have read its the bar area (across from the wine wall) that's being updated..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Oct 10, 2017 at 1:17 pm
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by mia
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
The wine wall is somewhat built into the structure from the entrance view, to the view from the bar area.To me its part of the esthetic of the Centurion Lounge SFO. The wine dispensing system is placed in front of the wine wall in the bar area. From what I have read its the bar area (across from the wine wall) that's being updated..
Hopefully will be ok, as it's a bit further down from the big wooden table they'll be using as the bar.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by mia
You've got to see this one if you're ever at SFO. It's smallish (hence the crowding problems), but it is a beautiful lounge. The automated wine tasting wall is a fitting tribute to the local tech and wine industries.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:25 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
The Centurion is a cluster.... today… Just arrived here (must’ve taken 40min to get through TSA), and it’s so packed they’re doing assigned seating. Something about “fire marshal codes.” I’ve never see so many people here… they’re EVERYWHERE. On the floors. People sharing two-seater tables. They're making people wait in the lobby until they find seats for them.

At least the bar is still running.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by helvetic
The Centurion is a cluster.... today… Just arrived here (must’ve taken 40min to get through TSA), and it’s so packed they’re doing assigned seating. Something about “fire marshal codes.” I’ve never see so many people here… they’re EVERYWHERE. On the floors. People sharing two-seater tables. They're making people wait in the lobby until they find seats for them.

At least the bar is still running.
Thursday evenings are crazy busy travel times...glad bar running!!!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
How busy do you expect this lounge to be around 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon? I’m trying to work out whether it’s worth a walk over from the BA lounge before my LHR flight.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Gomac
How busy do you expect this lounge to be around 2pm on a Tuesday afternoon? I’m trying to work out whether it’s worth a walk over from the BA lounge before my LHR flight.
It's really a roll of the dice. Tues. 2pm sounds like it wouldn't be that busy, but we've seen the lounge get packed at surprising times. If you have the time to kill, I'd give it a shot.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:48 pm
mia

Google attempts to track how busy locations are by time of day. No opinion on accuracy.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Google attempts to track how busy locations are by time of day. No opinion on accuracy.
I wonder what their source of data is for that. If you share your location with Google, is the GPS accurate enough to know that you're in the lounge and not at the gate right outside the lounge?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks guys, seems like it’s worth a shot.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:05 pm
mia

Originally Posted by dhuey
...is the GPS accurate...
I think position estimates also use the combination of WiFi networks available at your location.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:38 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Went to the Centurion again today, and it was even worse than yesterday. They weren't even letting anyone in due to the overcrowding. I went over to the UA E concourse club and it's miles and bounds better. Unfortunately, the beer here is atrocious…

How is it that Coors manages to have an aftertaste of sour plywood… that stuff is not even drinkable.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
Originally Posted by helvetic
Went to the Centurion again today, and it was even worse than yesterday. They weren't even letting anyone in due to the overcrowding. I went over to the UA E concourse club and it's miles and bounds better. Unfortunately, the beer here is atrocious…

How is it that Coors manages to have an aftertaste of sour plywood… that stuff is not even drinkable.
Has anyone been denied access to a CL, gone to an independent restaurant for a modest meal, and subsequently asked Amex for a statement credit for the food?

Or, if you don't ask for a credit for the food, mentioning the incident seems like it could help if you seek retention in the future. If a customer wants to close an account for being denied lounge access (especially if he or she only tries to use a CL two or three times a year) that seems like something Amex would want to remedy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.