Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by JHake10
Really depends on the day. I see people post here that it's not crowded when they go. However, when I go (Monday/Thursday/Sunday's) its typically packed. Today I didn't even stop in. I just went straight to the UA club and found a seat right away.

I also think summer tends to be worse with the influx of leisure travelers who hold the card.
I was there Sunday between 6-9 pm around 6 it was quite busy.. but around 6:30 to around 9:00 pm it was quite nice and not that crowded.. Food and drink was as good as always..
Old Aug 24, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Don't come here hungry after 10 pm. Came in last week around that time expecting to have dinner only to find that soup & salad were the only remaining food items.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by econ
Don't come here hungry after 10 pm. Came in last week around that time expecting to have dinner only to find that soup & salad were the only remaining food items.
Full Lunch/Dinner is served from 11:00 AM through 10:00 PM IIRC. At that time its just soup and salad. Additionally, last call at the bar is 10:30 PM
Old Aug 24, 2017, 4:05 pm

Stopped in Tuesday around noon. It was busy, but I got lucky as someone was leaving a table just as I arrived. I really enjoyed the food--very tender tarragon chicken (there was a yogurt mint sauce you could add, also) and mashed potatoes (I'm sure these were meant to go with the pork, but I wasn't all that interested in the rice dish). I'm always happy with the vegetable dishes there, and this visit was no exception. Tasty lemony kale, plus some seasonal highlights on the salad bar: heirloom tomatoes and fennel.

I did see people with little chocolate mousse cups which I couldn't find anywhere. I think they were out--they had a fruity dessert in similar glasses. I was in a bit of a rush, so I didn't bother to ask, just grabbed a cookie and left.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 5:56 pm

Is there a guesting thread around for Centurion lounges?

I'd like to try and help out some fellow ft'ers.

Found it! Centurion Lounge meet-up thread

Last edited by eldy; Aug 24, 2017 at 6:07 pm
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Either the coffee machine isn't here anymore or I'm too blind to find it. They only had those big cafeteria canisters.

Also, yuck those english muffin breakfast sandwiches are a disgrace.

I'll be here for another couple hours from the looks of it if anyone needs guesting or whatnot.

Edit: nvm, found coffee machine and it's broken.

Last edited by Smiley90; Aug 26, 2017 at 11:52 am
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Saw Christopher Lloyd (Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future) a few weeks ago, late evening, in the lounge.
MrShyGuy likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Arrived at approximately 11:15AM today. Lounge is approximately 70% full, and I was easily able to find an open table.

Menu is exactly the same as my last visit (saffron chicken, coconut pork, kale, mashed potatoes, rice, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate mousse). I really wish they would change the menu up more frequently. This menu is getting boring. The coffee machine IS working. I have noticed that the coffee machines at both SFO and LAS seem to be filling the cups with less fluid (only about half full) than they used to. Also, they ran out of Coke at the bar, so I am suffering through glasses of Coke Zero right now.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:32 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I went to the UA Club instead of Centurion today (proximity to my gate)… and actually enjoyed the food more. I am so damn tired of the same mediocre food options. UA Club's clam chowder was a nice change for once.

Also, I think clam chowder is a more generically easy to pull off dish, and better to have as a permanent staple vs. some mediocre chicken and fatty pork shoulder.

The Centurion mashed potatoes are nice I guess. The new cooked kale thing is alright… ish.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by helvetic
Also, I think clam chowder is a more generically easy to pull off dish, and better to have as a permanent staple vs. some mediocre chicken and fatty pork shoulder.
Always tasty from a bag, right?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...up-thread.html
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I went to the UA Club instead of Centurion today (proximity to my gate)… and actually enjoyed the food more. I am so damn tired of the same mediocre food options. UA Club's clam chowder was a nice change for once.

The Centurion mashed potatoes are nice I guess. The new cooked kale thing is alright… ish.
While I also think DFW Centurion food is better than SFO, I'd NEVER go as far as to call the UA Club anything but awful. And it's SO damn crowded and uncomfortable, too. Centurion over UA club any day, any time.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Smiley90
While I also think DFW Centurion food is better than SFO, I'd NEVER go as far as to call the UA Club anything but awful. And it's SO damn crowded and uncomfortable, too. Centurion over UA club any day, any time.
I generally agree, but sometimes YMMV. Until there's a Polaris lounge at IAH, it's been a slam dunk 100% of the time, even the time I complained about some giant family with rotten children coming in. Luckily I'd already eaten, so avoided buffet contamination

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Sep 8, 2017 at 3:17 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:37 pm

At the SFO centurion, the front desk agent is scanning boarding passes on their regular scanner and also scanning again on the bottom of a tablet. I asked the agent and she said it's her new toy... Does anyone know what the new tablet with the scanner is for?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:18 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by Smiley90
The UA Club by concourse E has been less crowded than the Centurion, lately.

As far as the food being tired… keep in mind I'm at the SFO Centurion several times a week. I'm actually writing this sitting in the SFO Centurion right now. I can't stand the food here anymore. The drinks, however, are still well made by great bartenders. (Not as great as Eric in LAS though.)
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:31 pm

As far as the food being tired… keep in mind I'm at the SFO Centurion several times a week.
Food at any place would be tiring several times a week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.