Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
To add specifics it's a Christopher Kostow cookbook and the candle with infused with the "American Express Signature scent." I chuckled a little at the latter, but I appreciate the effort.
I was hoping for the jawbone that was given at a couple of the other lounges' openings. Nice cookbook but more of coffee table paperweight than anything else!!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by majsmom
I was hoping for the jawbone that was given at a couple of the other lounges' openings. Nice cookbook but more of coffee table paperweight than anything else!!
Agreed. But I am starting to really like their efforts to be "local." The wines, the photos, the chef. Very bay area. Even breakfast had a hint of Pacific fusion cuisine.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by dhuey
Hooray! Enjoy it, folks, and please keep the reports and photos coming.

Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:50 am

And now officially open

Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Shower Suite photos

For those in transit who may need the facilities, there is one shower suite in this lounge.

Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Any chance someone can post the current cocktail menu? (Recaps from the preview night event only showed two options.)
Old Nov 6, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened November 6, 2014]

Here now. Lots of Amex staff around and starting to get crowded. I think the elevator might need to be looked at.

Unless I missed an area in my walkaround, this one feels smaller than LAS. But it is nice and the wine wall is neat. Probably wouldn't go out of my way to use it again considering I'm usually on DL in T1.

And that cookbook is HEAVY!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by RogerMurdock
Any chance someone can post the current cocktail menu? (Recaps from the preview night event only showed two options.)
This matches the menu I just saw at the bar: http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/SFO/drinks

Also, the pork shoulder was very good. They also have a mushroom dish that I didn't try if you're not into pork. If you're not into pork or mushrooms...your only option is a salad.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooselee
This matches the menu I just saw at the bar: http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/SFO/drinks
What about hard liquor? Specifically scotch and bourbon? Do they have anything good or is it just basic stuff?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I'm excited to try out this lounge and am really looking forward to the MIA location. For those who have been to the SFO lounge, what are the access rules like? Do you have to be flying from the terminal which it's located in or will TSA let you clear to visit the lounge even if you're departing from T1 or T2?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Quote:

Originally Posted by gooselee

What about hard liquor? Specifically scotch and bourbon? Do they have anything good or is it just basic stuff?
I saw Balvenie! Lunch food looked great compared to morning stuff (I visited twice)
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They will let you through, but it means a 2nd trip through security when you go to your terminal.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I saw Balvenie!
Nice! I like all the Balvenies (even their lower-end stuff) so that is good to know

Balvenie 21 is actually my favorite scotch but I am not expecting to see that there.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
For those in transit who may need the facilities, there is one shower suite in this lounge.
Thanks for the photos. ^ The soft product seems less provisioned than the showers at DFW, unless there have been cutbacks at DFW too. (I haven't been to the lounge since June, but they had bottles of L'Occitane products earlier this year.)

They used the same fixtures as the DFW lounge, which is unfortunate because these are a total functional design fail. Water splatters everywhere and doesn't drain properly in the sink. The lack of a barrier besides a curtain in the shower means that water gets all over the shower room floor. The showers also got quite musty after the first few months at DFW. Furthermore, judging by the wait for the showers at the DFW lounge, I think you can forget about getting a quick shower at SFO unless you arrive at an off peak time.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened November 6, 2014]

Famous Grouse and Bulleit were available. The liquor selection was a pretty good selection of midrange stuff.

TSA doesn't blink an eye as long as you have a valid BP. I waltzed through T3 security with a DL BP and nobody even tried to tell me I was in the wrong place.

ETA - Photos of the bar, wine list, and cocktail menu for those so inclined - click for full size. Also, the bartender today knows his gin and makes a damn fine martini. No dirt, though - they haven't gotten their olives in yet.

Last edited by gooselee; Nov 6, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.