Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by JHake10
CI operates from Concourse A of the International terminal, which isn't connected air side to Terminal 3 where the Centurion lounge is.

Your PP will grant access to the Air France Lounge.
Probably a better option anyhow as the Centurion now at SFO has been crazy busy with the UC changes going on. Was just in there on Friday and the place was pretty trashed but you could get a seat.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:44 am

Not necessarily, depends on time of day. They generally do not let PP members into the AF/KLM Lounge in the period before AF/KLM flights when the lounge is filled with AF/KLM passengers. This is partially documented on the PP website, where it says that "access may be restricted due to capacity constraints"

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...8-13b683343e98

Originally Posted by JHake10
Your PP will grant access to the Air France Lounge.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Not necessarily, depends on time of day. They generally do not let PP members into the AF/KLM Lounge in the period before AF/KLM flights when the lounge is filled with AF/KLM passengers. This is partially documented on the PP website, where it says that "access may be restricted due to capacity constraints"

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...8-13b683343e98
Yup, I've been denied before at that KL/AF lounge.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Yes, and as I posted in the PP thread, PP really means it when they say that you can't get into the Air Canada lounge at Newark with your PP after 3 pm. I got there a little before 3 pm recently and saw two people turned away after 3.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 1:26 pm

FWIW I did end up spending a 30 or so minutes in this lounge. Not great but not bad. I asked them re the policy and it is not set hours of no access, but rather conditions based. So I used during "off" hours but they let me in b/c it was not busy.. This is smart in that they don't bar you because of hours even if there is room, but bad as you can't plan around access or no access.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:40 am

Is the bar self serve here? Never see anyone behind the bar. How do you get alcoholic beverages?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by baydude
Is the bar self serve here? Never see anyone behind the bar. How do you get alcoholic beverages?
Not self serve except for wine wall, there's a bartender during bar hours.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:18 am

Dogs in lounge.

SFO 8am Saturday. And people wonder why they can’t get a seat. Granted not overcrowded right now but is this really appropriate? Dog happily sleeping on black chair.

Last edited by sdix; Dec 2, 2017 at 9:19 am Reason: Spell
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sdix
SFO 8am Saturday. And people wonder why they can’t get a seat. Granted not overcrowded right now but is this really appropriate? Dog happily sleeping on black chair.
As an owner of a large dog, I'd be all over that front desk to have the dog (and passenger) removed from the lounge .. much as I once was in an AS lounge (SEA) where the little shishifufu dog was on the furniture, drinking out of the people glassware.

Last edited by mia; Dec 2, 2017 at 12:37 pm Reason: Remove quoted image
Old Dec 2, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
As an owner of a large dog, I'd be all over that front desk to have the dog (and passenger) removed from the lounge .. much as I once was in an AS lounge (SEA) where the little shishifufu dog was on the furniture, drinking out of the people glassware.
I have to say, I have an issue with this as well. People do this in lounges and on planes. I just don't want to have a dogs hair and debris on a seat that humans, kids are going to be sitting on frequently. Bringing a dog on a plane for service, comfort, fine I guess. But putting it up on the two seats next to you (I've seen this several times) I don't really find appropriate.

As a prior dog owner, I can totally appreciate the desire to take my dog with me when traveling (although I rarely did it) but personally, I respected the space, comfort and possible aversion to dogs of everyone around me as much as logistically possible.
747FC likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Not self serve except for wine wall, there's a bartender during bar hours.
Is the bar work complete and back in its regular place?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:44 pm

My guess is that the staff doesn't dare intervene lest Amex be sued for disability discrimination.

Originally Posted by nmenaker
I have to say, I have an issue with this as well. People do this in lounges and on planes. I just don't want to have a dogs hair and debris on a seat that humans, kids are going to be sitting on frequently. Bringing a dog on a plane for service, comfort, fine I guess. But putting it up on the two seats next to you (I've seen this several times) I don't really find appropriate.

As a prior dog owner, I can totally appreciate the desire to take my dog with me when traveling (although I rarely did it) but personally, I respected the space, comfort and possible aversion to dogs of everyone around me as much as logistically possible.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Is the bar work complete and back in its regular place?
Yes. All back to normal.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:56 pm

My guess is that the staff doesn't dare intervene lest Amex be sued for disability discrimination.
Dog had no vest or any visible tags to suggest it was a support dog of any kind. No carrier even.

Staff knew the dog was there as they walked by several time.

There was another dog there at the same time who was supposed to be in a carrier but every time its owner went to get food or a coffee it got out and ran around.

Throw in the multiple children of all ages and it was a bit of a cluster.......
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Asking to have the dog on the floor would not be a disability discrimination. Either that or the dog can sit in the same space as the owner, those seats especially often hold two adults without issue.

United Club policy requires animals on the floor. Here are the T&Cs for those clubs, highlighting mine:
  • Service animals and in-cabin pets are welcome in United Club locations, provided local ordinances permit them.
  • All policies associated with service animals and in-cabin pets traveling on United or United Express flights also apply in our United Club locations.
  • In-cabin pets must remain inside their kennels with the door secured at all times.
  • Animals must be trained to behave properly in public settings and follow the direction of their owners.
  • Animals must be clean and under the owner's control at all times.
  • Animals are not allowed to occupy seats that are designed for United Club guests.
  • Animals are not allowed to eat or drink from United Club serviceware.
  • Animals may not engage in disruptive behavior such as roaming freely, barking, growling or biting.
  • All animals must remain on the floor when they are near food or beverage display areas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.