Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Mediahound
Yep, this is sorta why unfortunately, the lounge favors United (and international airlines) versus others.

I've had a few United flights where my gate was literally right outside of the exit of the lounge. Now that was sure convenient.
Indeed, I think that's a very big source of the problem for the Centurion Lounge at SFO. The United Clubs are okay, but Amex went a big step up from them. And the SFO CL is small. Some here have suggested that the solution is to expand the lounge or add another at SFO, but that's not an easy thing to accomplish, even if money is not an obstacle.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by dhuey
Indeed, I think that's a very big source of the problem for the Centurion Lounge at SFO. The United Clubs are okay, but Amex went a big step up from them. And the SFO CL is small. Some here have suggested that the solution is to expand the lounge or add another at SFO, but that's not an easy thing to accomplish, even if money is not an obstacle.
I have looked into the CL as I am based out of SFO and use UA heavily. But unless you are flying UA (or international) you basically can't use the club at SFO (well at least without some significant effort).
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
Busy, but not unpleasantly so. Google says it's an off-peak time. Noisy, but enough seating and 1-2 people in line for food. I'd take this over Delta in T1.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by CarefulBuilder14
Busy, but not unpleasantly so. Google says it's an off-peak time. Noisy, but enough seating and 1-2 people in line for food. I'd take this over Delta in T1.
Ugh was gunna skip this lounge for the Delta T1 lounge on Thursday at this exact time (around 2PM) this Thursday, but now you have my second guessing. Still not sure it's worth going out of the way for. I've also never been to the Delta lounge so still leaning towards that.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by kthpence
Ugh was gunna skip this lounge for the Delta T1 lounge on Thursday at this exact time (around 2PM) this Thursday, but now you have my second guessing. Still not sure it's worth going out of the way for. I've also never been to the Delta lounge so still leaning towards that.
Centurion is better if it’s not too crowded, but these days that’s a big if. Delta lounge is quite nice, regardless.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:14 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by nomad420
I have looked into the CL as I am based out of SFO and use UA heavily. But unless you are flying UA (or international) you basically can't use the club at SFO (well at least without some significant effort).
So? If you're based in SFO and fly primarily UA/Star, I don't see when you'd ever see yourself in another terminal. I think out of close to 100 ex-SFO departures in the past couple years for me, I can count the times I've flown out of another terminal on two hands. A few times VX out of T2, once B6 out of A, once EK out of A, once AA out of T2. Never even been to T1.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
Originally Posted by kthpence
I think Thursday is a busier day than Tuesday for business travel. I wouldn't assume 2 pm occupancy to be the same.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by helvetic
Never even been to T1.
Consider yourself lucky.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by econ
Consider yourself lucky.
Yeah, SFO's bus terminal. Someday it will be really nice, though.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dhuey
Centurion is better if it’s not too crowded, but these days that’s a big if. Delta lounge is quite nice, regardless.
While it depends on what's personally most important, I think they're pretty equivalent. Centurion is cooler, but SkyClub is larger and less likely to be unpleasantly crowded. Food offerings are basically equivalent IMO. Centurion probably gets the nod on bar, but that's not important to me.

Originally Posted by CarefulBuilder14
I think Thursday is a busier day than Tuesday for business travel. I wouldn't assume 2 pm occupancy to be the same.
Time of day is much more important than day of week. 2 pm is dead time at SFO any day of the week.

The busiest times at this lounge will be before the morning and evening bank of international departures.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:13 pm

Access to Centurion Lounge from Intl Terminal SFO

The Centurion Lounge at SFO is in Terminal 3. I think there is access through airside from the International Terminal. Does anyone know how long a walk it is? Flying out JetBlue and if its not too far I'd like to get there a bit early, eat and rest up before my flight.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by hblanton
The Centurion Lounge at SFO is in Terminal 3. I think there is access through airside from the International Terminal. Does anyone know how long a walk it is? Flying out JetBlue and if its not too far I'd like to get there a bit early, eat and rest up before my flight.
It takes around 10-15 minutes to walk from the lounge to the gate.

Last edited by se7en_z; Oct 28, 2017 at 11:35 pm
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by hblanton
Originally Posted by se7en_z
You are right regarding "access through airside from the International Terminal." It takes around 10-15 minutes to walk from the lounge to the gate.
The international terminal is split between two concourses, A and G. International terminal A and G are not connected airside.

The Centurion lounge is located in international terminal 3 which is connected airside to terminal G.

JetBlue operates out of international terminal A. You would have to re-clear security to go to the Centirion lounge. There is a PP lounge in international terminal A (Air France).

Last edited by JHake10; Oct 29, 2017 at 6:27 pm
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
The Centurion lounge is located in international terminal G which is connected airside to terminal 3
It’s actually in Terminal 3-F, but very close to the airside hallway to International-G.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:49 pm

Oh, I never realized that you can't connect airside between International G and A. Bummer. No lounge for me I guess (not going through security 2x.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.