Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by sdix
Yes. All back to normal.
Nice to hear I'll be there next week and looking forward. Regarding the dog, I would've asked the owner if I could sit there. From the signs of the owners hands folded perhaps the dog was originally on the floor and jumped up there when I say hands folded perhaps he dozed off ( hard to tell by the photo but I'm assuming ) In any event I don't condone the behavior by the owner and unsure how I would react if I was confronted by the same .. I think I would go to the front desk and alert them of the situation. The staff at that Club is very responsive based on the approximately 20 times or so that I have been there.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
FYI - here's the Centurion Lounge FAQ w/regard to animals:
  • Service animals are permitted. Animals that are traveling with you in carriers are also permitted, provided they remain in their carriers at all times and do not disrupt other guests.
https://www.thecenturionlounge.com/info/faq
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sdix
Yes. All back to normal.
Well, the morning barman yesterday appeared in a foul mood. Nary an acknowledgment, smile, nothing, when I'd thank him for my beverages.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Well, the morning barman yesterday appeared in a foul mood. Nary an acknowledgment, smile, nothing, when I'd thank him for my beverages.
I think the crowds in the lounge are negatively impacting the staff. I've seen quite a few long faces my last couple of visits. Also issues that really shouldn't happen, like no plates, no coffee cups, food not replaced. They're just overwhelmed.
SFO 1K likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
I think the crowds in the lounge are negatively impacting the staff. I've seen quite a few long faces my last couple of visits. Also issues that really shouldn't happen, like no plates, no coffee cups, food not replaced. They're just overwhelmed.
+1 Was just in last week as my wife's guest (only the second time to the C-Lounge) and commented to the bar tender how busy it was. She responded "you should have seen it an hour ago". Similar findings a couple of weeks ago as well.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Has SFO always had that super fancy wine dispenser? Because my god that's amazing
Old Dec 30, 2017, 9:35 pm

The wine tasting machine has been there for a long time, (possibly since the opening?)

This thread and the other general crowding thread is making me glad most of my domestic flying is on AA so I don't get the opportunity to go to the SFO CL...
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Is the piped in music new to this lounge, or have I just noticed it, and found it annoying during my first 5 a.m. visit? The volume seems to increase with the size of the crowd in the lounge.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Has SFO always had that super fancy wine dispenser? Because my god that's amazing
Originally Posted by GiantCow
The wine tasting machine has been there for a long time, (possibly since the opening?)

Yes, since Day 1, as I was there!
popoemt likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Yes, since Day 1, as I was there!
I don't drink much red wine outside of family gatherings so I must've just never noticed it being there, but yesterday there were a lot of people looking at it / talking about it / being confused by it so I couldn't help but notice. Whack. That machine's awesome, though.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I don't drink much red wine outside of family gatherings so I must've just never noticed it being there, but yesterday there were a lot of people looking at it / talking about it / being confused by it so I couldn't help but notice. Whack. That machine's awesome, though.
They have white wines in there too, many varieties
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: UA1K
i hope they change this food offering soon. the tofu with veggies has zero taste. however, i do like the brussel sprouts.

i will be rolling through on jan 20. fingers crossed.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by haddon90
i hope they change this food offering soon. the tofu with veggies has zero taste. however, i do like the brussel sprouts.

i will be rolling through on jan 20. fingers crossed.
Please, no tofu when I visit later in the month. That, or compliment it with fried chicken.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
9:30 Sunday morning, lounge was absolutely packed. Line five deep just to get in, and once in, it was standing room only. I had skipped breakfast expecting to eat at the lounge ("how busy can it be at 9:30 on a Sunday morning?").

Filled my plate, lucked into a solo chair (no table), ate, and left the madness as quickly as possible. UC at the 60s gates was tranquil by comparison.

Don't know what they can do, but AMEX has to do something about the overcrowding of this lounge.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Kacee
9:30 Sunday morning, lounge was absolutely packed. Line five deep just to get in, and once in, it was standing room only. I had skipped breakfast expecting to eat at the lounge ("how busy can it be at 9:30 on a Sunday morning?").

Filled my plate, lucked into a solo chair (no table), ate, and left the madness as quickly as possible. UC at the 60s gates was tranquil by comparison.

Don't know what they can do, but AMEX has to do something about the overcrowding of this lounge.
Thanks for the insights...I'm hoping my first visit to SFO club on an upcoming Saturday is more tranquil...but if not, it is to the UC I go...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.