Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
Visited this evening at about 8:30pm. The lounge was not crowded. There was not the signage about restricted access. I asked about the policy change - the front desk agent said that this is not a new policy, they do not have the policy at all times, it's based on the crowd and pointed out that since right now it's not crowded they are not restricting access. then she re-emphasized that this is not a new policy. I don't buy that "not a new policy" bit as I go to the sfo lounge several times a month, usually at peak mid-day times, and had not seen the access restriction before.
mia likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:18 am

I didn't notice that sign when I went in around 3:00 last week on a Tuesday...
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Here now Tuesday 18th.. No sign, tables are available for the most part, and barely a line at the bar or food offerings arrived at 1:45 pm and its 2:30 pm as I write this..

Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Was there Saturday. 9/22 - gift for centurion card holdera - headphones by Master and Dynamic - $199 on Amazon. Not bad! Not noise canceling however but still an unexpected nicety!
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
A couple more reports of access restrictions at SFO Centurion Lounge from the TPG Lounge facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/TPGLounge): A poster was denied entry on friday 9/21 because it was not within 3 hours of his SFO connecting flight. Another poster in that thread saw the restricted access signage sunday 9/23 afternoon.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

Bear in mind that there's only one shower, so if someone beat you to the slot you'll have to wait until they're done and they clean it over
I've twice asked to use the showers there.

1. Midday, about a year ago. I don't recall the day of the week. I'm not sure if there were several people ahead of me, or just one or two taking a long time. I had been waiting for an hour by the time I removed myself from the list (as I'd be going to my gate soon).

2. Recently around noon. Tuesday. The lounge was busy but with no admittance restrictions. There was no one in line for the shower ahead of me, but the shower had not been cleaned in anticipation of the next guest (me). Whether it was not ready due to staff being inattentive/overworked...or the last occupant having only left a few minutes before...I do not know. I was allowed to shower about 10 minutes later, and it was nice. Clean bathroom, hot water...the water pressure was rather low but the shower was still quite comforting.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:17 pm

Does anyone know whether I can enter Terminal 3 (TSA Pre) for an international flight (G gates)? I want to get to Amex lounge faster instead of having to walk over through the international/domestic tunnel from International terminal. Apologies if this has been asked or if this is the wrong thread, couldn't find my answer.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by JHake10
Gary from VFTW is reporting there is signage outside the SFO location limiting access to departing passangers only and no more than 3 hours before your flight.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...before-flight/
Sign was up yesterday and today. Did not appear to help with the typical overcrowding.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by aimango
Does anyone know whether I can enter Terminal 3 (TSA Pre) for an international flight (G gates)? I want to get to Amex lounge faster instead of having to walk over through the international/domestic tunnel from International terminal. Apologies if this has been asked or if this is the wrong thread, couldn't find my answer.
Yes, you can do that. You want to use the F3 security entrance. F1 is typically a zoo (and requires backtracking).

Although it's not any faster than walking airside assuming you're coming from the international terminal. The airside connector runs parallel to the landside connector.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:03 am

No crowding today at SFO. 9am actually quite relaxing other than the coffee machine spewing hot water instead of Expresso

Cool gift for Centurions - A set of Master and Dynamic headphones and a 3 book subscription offer to Audible

Statman likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:02 am

now at the lounge (10 am pst). so busy. as soon as i walked in, had to browse around for 3 min before someone left a table.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by DMSFCA
Was there Saturday. 9/22 - gift for centurion card holdera - headphones by Master and Dynamic - $199 on Amazon. Not bad! Not noise canceling however but still an unexpected nicety!
I got a pair there and a pair in LAS. Told the LAS lady I just got one that morning and she said - no problem, now you have 2!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Any update on the current lunch/dinner food menu? I'm mainly interested in what the protein dishes are. TIA.

UPDATE: I can now report that the main protein course today in the SFO lounge is braised tri-tip. Carnivores will enjoy it.

Last edited by transportprof; Oct 16, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I've never been to the Centurion Lounge at SFO. For the SFO vets, if I arrive around 9:00 pm on a weekday and was hoping to use the shower, what are my odds? Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by joe_miami
I've never been to the Centurion Lounge at SFO. For the SFO vets, if I arrive around 9:00 pm on a weekday and was hoping to use the shower, what are my odds? Thanks.
If you can wait up to one hour, the odds are good. It's a birdbath shower, by the way.
joe_miami likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.