Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Was here around 2:30 pm . . . very reasonable sized crowd, no problem finding a good seat. Even more remarkable, no one was yelling into cell phone, no kids running around, etc. They did still have the sign up about access limited to those with departure within three hours, so I think that may be the norm now, regardless how crowded the lounge is.
I visited three times last week, all in the evening, and never saw the "departure within three hours" sign. The lounge was busy but not to the point that anyone was ever waiting for a table, etc.

New dish (for me at least): saffron chicken. Truly outstanding.
Indeed. One of the best meals I've had in a Centurion lounge.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Arrived at the Lounge today (Saturday, November 10) at approximately 1:25PM. I have bee using other flight options for the past couple months, and back when I used to be here all the time, I hardly ever flew on Saturdays. I was surprised to find the Lounge only about 60% full. The people at the front desk told me that Saturdays are their favorite days to work because it’s slower than other days. (They both agreed Thursdays are the worst.) I was easily able to find a seat in my favorite spot. There was only one person in front of me at the bar to get my sodas, and the coffee machine is functioning perfectly.

Today’s menu is saffron chicken, white rice, butter bean ragout, caramelized brussel sprouts, two different soups (butternut squash and some sort of eggplant miso), and salad options. Dessert options include the usual panna cotta with berries and slightly overcooked chocolate chip cookies.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've now been in two or three times since they implemented the admission restrictions, and it seems to be making a huge difference. Plenty of open seats each time, and blissfully lacking in that frenetic, too-many-rats-in-the-cage feeling.
747FC likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:02 am

Can arriving pax without connecting flights still enter the lounge if the sign is not in place. Or have they totally excluded arriving pax without a continuing flight?

Grateful to any comments from those in lounge today @approx 11.30am for any lounge capacity update. TIA
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:48 am
Suspended

If there’s no sign, you shouldn’t have a problem. The sign isn’t up permanently there; I was there three times in late Oct./early Nov. and never saw it.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:07 pm

Good afternoon. I am flying out of international Terminal A on HX J. Is it worth going to the Centurion before even if I have to clear security twice? Or should I stick with AF/KLM as I should have full access based on my J ticket.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by noahsilv
Good afternoon. I am flying out of international Terminal A on HX J. Is it worth going to the Centurion before even if I have to clear security twice? Or should I stick with AF/KLM as I should have full access based on my J ticket.
Only if you have an extra hour to burn and really really want to check out the lounge.

HX doesn't participate in pre-check, which would be a deal killer for me personally.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:22 pm

Kacee, forgot about that. That is a true deal killer. Will have time to check it out on the return.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:22 pm

Thank you joe-miami
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Any more recent data points about how often the 3-hour, departing passenger only restriction is in effect?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Explore
Any more recent data points about how often the 3-hour, departing passenger only restriction is in effect?
I had a long layover in SFO last Thursday (11/29) around 10 AM they had the three hour restriction sign up. I just showed them my arrival boarding pass and I stayed there for more than three hours and no one said anything…
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Just a footnote. I'm at MIA now and the staff is so grumpy. Perhaps they need some morning caffeine. So be thankful to the very nice SFO staff
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Just a footnote. I'm at MIA now and the staff is so grumpy. Perhaps they need some morning caffeine. So be thankful to the very nice SFO staff
Anyone expecting friendly customer service in Miami is in for a lot of disappointment, regardless of venue.

Agreed re: the SFO staff. Alma & Co. are great.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

I had a long layover in SFO last Thursday (11/29) around 10 AM they had the three hour restriction sign up. I just showed them my arrival boarding pass and I stayed there for more than three hours and no one said anything…
It’s hard to see how they would enforce the 3-hour limit. Maybe a few passengers stand out as basically living in the lounge, but they would be quite the exception.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Explore
It was definitely being enforced yesterday. I met an FTer at the airport while I was enroute to TPE. I didn’t have my Plat card on me, so my friend used theirs. His flight was less than twenty minutes outside the three hour window (due to a delay) and they refused to let us in. The rep was rather rude during the check-in process, especially given the fact they had several empty seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.