Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Around 4 pm today (Thursday). Sign was up (I'm 100% on that). Agent apologized for the crowd. It was nothing compared to the bad old days. Plenty of empty seats.

Was really hoping for the saffron chicken, they had fennel crusted instead. Not nearly so good.

Fair bit of poor lounge behavior today - calls on speakerphone, feet on furniture, etc.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of the three hours before departure admission policy has been moved. Even though the discussion starts with an incident at SFO the issued discussed would apply at any location:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...departure.html
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: Amex Personal Centurion, Amex Business Centurion(cancelled), Merril+, CitiGold, JP Morgan Palladium
Anyone receive Holiday gifts from the Centurion lounge this month? What are they giving away for Centurion members?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by DMDortho
Anyone receive Holiday gifts from the Centurion lounge this month? What are they giving away for Centurion members?
Nothing from SEA/SFO on 12/09/2018.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by DMDortho
Headphones last month. Nothing so far this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:16 pm

I was wondering if it was possible to get in without the physical card (but having the temp # added to Apple Pay)? Spouse has Plat coming in but possibly traveling to SFO before physical card arrives. But was able to get the #/CID in advance and already added to mobile device to use.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jcm55a
I was wondering if it was possible to get in without the physical card (but having the temp # added to Apple Pay)? Spouse has Plat coming in but possibly traveling to SFO before physical card arrives. But was able to get the #/CID in advance and already added to mobile device to use.
Apple Pay won't work, but they can look up the card number, if necessary.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Apple Pay won't work, but they can look up the card number, if necessary.
Thanks for the reply. So you can just walk in and let them know you don't have the physical card but they can look it up and the person will be permitted to enter?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the reply. So you can just walk in and let them know you don't have the physical card but they can look it up and the person will be permitted to enter?
I've never had to do it, but others here have reported success. I assume having the card number, expiration date, etc., will accelerate the process.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold
I got into the sfo centurion lounge after application was approved but before receiving my physical card. You dont need to know anything about the card (the card #, expiration, CID etc). they will ask for social and look it up that way.

Edit: same lookup works if you happen to forget to bring the physical card on a trip.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by qisu
They will ask for social and look it up that way.
There is no way I'm announcing my SSN at the check in desk of a Centurion Lounge. I'd rather stay in the terminal.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:08 am

I've never had to do it, but others here have reported success. I assume having the card number, expiration date, etc., will accelerate the process.
Originally Posted by Majuki
There is no way I'm announcing my SSN at the check in desk of a Centurion Lounge. I'd rather stay in the terminal.
They do not like doing it, but they can. I don't recall if they ask you for your SSN though.
Having your card number/info doesn't do anything to help, because they don't use that information. It does help to know the last 4 if you have a few Amex cards (cause it takes them a while to go through, figuring which one is your platinum one)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Having your card number/info doesn't do anything to help, because they don't use that information. It does help to know the last 4 if you have a few Amex cards (cause it takes them a while to go through, figuring which one is your platinum one)
This seems contradictory. For people with multiple Amex cards, having the full number should absolutely help, particularly since it's common for the last 4 digits of a person's Amex cards to be the same.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
....It does help to know the last 4 ....
.... common for the last 4 digits of a person's Amex cards to be the same.
Perhaps knowing the last five is more helpful than four. americanexpress.com displays five.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:45 am

This seems contradictory. For people with multiple Amex cards, having the full number should absolutely help, particularly since it's common for the last 4 digits of a person's Amex cards to be the same.
My last 4 happen to be different. But I mean it isn't useful for them to look it up, as they don't use your card number to look it up. They look up your identity another way, then may have to browse through the cards to figure out which one. Just giving them the card number doesn't mean they skip looking up your identity part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.