Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by transportprof
Any update on the current lunch/dinner food menu? I'm mainly interested in what the protein dishes are. TIA.

UPDATE: I can now report that the main protein course today in the SFO lounge is braised tri-tip. Carnivores will enjoy it.
I was disappointed by this tri tip.

I ended up visiting both PP lounges in the terminal, "to go". Much tastier ^
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by qisu
A couple more reports of access restrictions at SFO Centurion Lounge from the TPG Lounge facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/TPGLounge): A poster was denied entry on friday 9/21 because it was not within 3 hours of his SFO connecting flight. Another poster in that thread saw the restricted access signage sunday 9/23 afternoon.
This is true. I saw people waiting to check in because they are outside of the three hour departure window. More importantly, there is one bartender that seems to be enforcing a three drink limit... while no one else cares.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I know the SFO Centurion closes at 11:00 pm. Anyone know the cut-off for using the shower?

Also, what's a rough estimate of the time from deplaning in the Int'l Terminal to arriving at the Centurion Lounge, for a person with Global Entry/TSA PRE and no checked bags? Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Also, what's a rough estimate of the time from deplaning in the Int'l Terminal to arriving at the Centurion Lounge, for a person with Global Entry/TSA PRE and no checked bags? Thanks.
Are you arriving on an international or domestic flight? Which airline?

The walk from the farthest Int'l G gates is 10 mins max to the Cent Lounge. Walk from Int'l A gates are a tad longer plus security which I've always found to be efficient.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:32 pm
Suspended

I meant to mention that. I'm flying SIN-SFO on United, which I believe arrives at G. Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:49 pm

I meant to mention that. I'm flying SIN-SFO on United, which I believe arrives at G. Thanks.
Yes, United arrives at Int'l G. You'll need to clear customs/immigration (as short as 5 mins with GE). Exit right, go up the escalator and go through security at Int'l gates (up to 20 mins). After security, turn right, pass Polaris, go down escalator, walk along connector to Cent Lounge (5 mins).

ETA: wait, I recall a sign to connections which I believe directs you to Int'l landside...you'll still need to clear security again.

Last edited by Troopers; Oct 23, 2018 at 5:55 pm
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Excellent; thanks.

If anyone knows the Centurion shower cut-off time, if there is one, please let me know. (Also, if anyone knows if there's a shower at the Air France lounge, please post or send me a PM. I've seen conflicting reports.)

Thanks again.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Troopers
Yes, United arrives at Int'l G. You'll need to clear customs/immigration (as short as 5 mins with GE). Exit right, go up the escalator and go through security at Int'l gates (up to 20 mins). After security, turn right, pass Polaris, go down escalator, walk along connector to Cent Lounge (5 mins).
No reason to go back to security checkpoint G. The 'connecting flights' exit from CBP is at the rear of the international terminal hall. Turning left, walking past the UA bag drop, and then taking the next right (towards UA Arrivals Lounge) will lead directly to checkpoint F3, which has a PreCheck lane and is scheduled to be open from 5am to 4pm (although the TSA dragons often close it early, annoyingly). This security checkpoint enters airside directly adjacent to the Centurion Lounge.

https://www.flysfo.com/flight-info/security
bworrell likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Thanks. I'll be arriving between 9:00 and 10:00 pm, so it looks like the PRE options are F1 or G. Looks like G is closer to the Centurion?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Thanks. I'll be arriving between 9:00 and 10:00 pm, so it looks like the PRE options are F1 or G. Looks like G is closer to the Centurion?
If you're arriving between 9 and 10 AM you can use checkpoint F3 which is literally next to the Centurion lounge. This checkpoint is only open till 5 PM if I remember correctly. This is my go to check point. The crowds are much less compared to F1.

If just chosing between G and F1, I do think G is a bit closer.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:47 pm
Suspended

I'm arriving at night, but I'll keep that in mind for future trips. Thanks.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Excellent; thanks.

If anyone knows the Centurion shower cut-off time, if there is one, please let me know. (Also, if anyone knows if there's a shower at the Air France lounge, please post or send me a PM. I've seen conflicting reports.)

Thanks again.
Not sure for SFO, but when I was in Dallas the Centurion Lounge cut off showers one hour before it closes.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
G is considerably closer, probably close to 10 minutes total saved. With GE and no checked bag, it should not take more than 20-25 minutes from deplaning to Centurion.
Flying Machine and joe_miami like this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Was here around 2:30 pm . . . very reasonable sized crowd, no problem finding a good seat. Even more remarkable, no one was yelling into cell phone, no kids running around, etc. They did still have the sign up about access limited to those with departure within three hours, so I think that may be the norm now, regardless how crowded the lounge is.

New dish (for me at least): saffron chicken. Truly outstanding.

Then I went to UC rotunda club for fast internet, and it was absolutely packed. With multiple guests yelling into cell phones
JHake10 and 747FC like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:00 pm

I was there this morning at around 10 am. It was steady. Managed to get a table right away.

Did anyone get diarrhea? Only thing I ate from there was a bite of the turkey sausage patty, the scrambled eggs or whatever, and French toast. I departed SFO at noon and my 1st loose diarrhea wasn't until in public washroom at YYC upon arrival. Then more diarrhea (5x+) when I got back home. Prior to SFO, I had food for breakfast at AF-KLM lounge in BKK, and food from both NH BKK-NRT and NRT-SFO flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.