Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
- roasted Brussels sprouts with pistachios and basil--these were delicious, but I then, I love sprouts
this dish was amazing. (but then again, I love sprouts and pistachios)
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Definitely sounds like an improvement over what used to be offered. I look forward to trying it soon hopefully.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
If I'm flying into SFO but not in gate F where the lounge is located is there anyway to go to the lounge with a guest or two on arrivals before I go into SF? Will TSA allow access? I know Amex doesn't mind access on arrivals.

Also, I believe TSA will allow us past when we do fly out a few days later, even though we are leaving from another gate but I'm not sure on arrivals...Can someone confirm they've been able to do that?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Altoid
If I'm flying into SFO but not in gate F where the lounge is located is there anyway to go to the lounge with a guest or two on arrivals before I go into SF? Will TSA allow access? I know Amex doesn't mind access on arrivals.

Also, I believe TSA will allow us past when we do fly out a few days later, even though we are leaving from another gate but I'm not sure on arrivals...Can someone confirm they've been able to do that?
I have added answers to your questions to the wiki at the top of the post. In short, if you're arriving in concourses A, B, C, or D, then you're out of luck unless you have a boarding pass departing SFO that day.
When you depart a few days later, security at SFO will allow you to pass through security in any concourse with a same day SFO departure from any concourse.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
I have added answers to your questions to the wiki
Thank you. I have inserted a diagram of the airport to help readers understand how it is laid out. I hope it can be replaced by a better diagram with more specifics, such as individual gate numbers, airline assignments, etc.

Last edited by mia; Mar 12, 2015 at 11:38 am
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:31 am

I believe Terminal 3 Concourses E and F are used by United only, so all other domestic airlines would have to clear security twice.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:30 am

I added a better map (from AMEX SFO lounge PDF) to the wiki

Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
Is the SFO Centurion lounge preferable to UA's club?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by safra1
yes
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
you are kidding, right? It's like flying UA First vs. SQ/NH First ... it's a world apart.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, MM
Originally Posted by cfischer
you are kidding, right? It's like flying UA First vs. SQ/NH First ... it's a world apart.
I would say it's like Ryan Air vs SQ First......
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by cfischer
Originally Posted by liddy0021
I would say it's like Ryan Air vs SQ First......
What I admire is the subtlety
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:00 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Latest array of breakfast offerings I had included:

Baked egg and veggie dish (either quiche or frittata)
Scrambled eggs
Pancakes with berries
French Toast
Variety of fresh fruits

There were more things I can't recall (this was last week), but seemed a much larger variety than in the past. Unfortunately, pancakes were pretty dried out although looked as though they had just been replenished.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:14 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by l'etoile

Scrambled eggs
Pancakes with berries
French Toast
Variety of fresh fruits

There were more things I can't recall (this was last week), but seemed a much larger variety than in the past. Unfortunately, pancakes were pretty dried out although looked as though they had just been replenished.

That french toast is honestly the best breakfast food I have tasted in my life. I'm dreaming about it a week later. That. Was. Amazing. The brown butter/caramel sauce with it was to die for. It's crunchy and custardy and sinful and heavenly all at the same time.

I honestly want to fly to SFO tonight, spend the night, take an early flight home tomorrow AM just so I can have it again. Then cancel my flight home and come back Sunday morning and have it again.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by l'etoile

Scrambled eggs
Pancakes with berries
French Toast
Variety of fresh fruits

Any cereal?

Any other bread products, besides French toast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.