Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Just had another recent visit. Better than the last visit. Interesting new note (okay, maybe I hadn't noticed it the last two visits) was the check-in for "centurion" and then others..

Bartender makes a very nice Manhattan!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 10:03 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by DylanOakes
Perfect, thank you. For how many times I've been through SFO, I know nothing about the rest of the airport outside the AA concourse and the train link to BART.
Suggestion if you're able: Experiment with walking from AA concourse to BART. It's quicker, more convenient and I hAAte that train. And by all means walk from AA concourse to the CL.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by lili
Suggestion if you're able: Experiment with walking from AA concourse to BART. It's quicker, more convenient and I hAAte that train. And by all means walk from AA concourse to the CL.
Anyone who is Able-bodied (or AAble-bodied, depending on your airline) should not take the train, unless needed to go get your rental car.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:55 am

SFO Lounge Chef Leaving

http://sfist.com/2015/02/13/this_wee...er_fog_cit.php
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
As long as the new chef isn't Boyardee, I'd expect the quality to remain higher than most other SFO lounges.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:39 pm

SFO 9 Feb 2015

So we ended up using the Centurion Lounge prior to our flight back to San Diego on February 9th. For some reason, the kids room was very hot, and the people at the front desk said they were unable to adjust the temperature. In fact, the entire lounge seemed warmer than I'm accustomed to.

The food was great for what it was: free food.
I had a beer, and that went down well with the food. Generous pours at the bar, and they had Johnny Walker Black Label there too.

It was pretty cool that they had combination lockers to store our stuff.

I'm not sure if I prefer this lounge over the one at LAS, but it's more likely that I'll be flying/connecting at LAS than at SFO.

If anyone was at the lounge on February 9th and heard my screaming kid, sorry.

Cheers!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
If I am flying out of another terminal, I assume they will let me into this terminal and then back out through security to the correct terminal.. can anyone confirm?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by dlandz
If I am flying out of another terminal, I assume they will let me into this terminal and then back out through security to the correct terminal.. can anyone confirm?
yes they will
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes but note that you have to clear security a 2nd time (so plan accordingly wrt time)

This is why I hate when airlines don't post delays in a timely fashion. Last time I flew out of SFO, I was flying VX and paid to use the VS lounge. I left the lounge, walked over to T2, and was in the security line when I got a text that my flight had been delayed. I understand that delays can't be prevented but I'd rather hear about it early enough that I can wait in the lounge rather that at the gate.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Yes but note that you have to clear security a 2nd time (so plan accordingly wrt time)

This is why I hate when airlines don't post delays in a timely fashion. Last time I flew out of SFO, I was flying VX and paid to use the VS lounge. I left the lounge, walked over to T2, and was in the security line when I got a text that my flight had been delayed. I understand that delays can't be prevented but I'd rather hear about it early enough that I can wait in the lounge rather that at the gate.
Thanks..Moreso because it is some convention weekend, hotels are $600+ a night, no points availability, so I am just heading straight to the airport at 4 or 5am to hang out at the club for a few hours
Now if only I realized I would be doing this before I cancelled my platinum card the day before booking oh well $50 will be well spent

And hopefully will get TSA precheck and avoid all the hassle
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks..Moreso because it is some convention weekend, hotels are $600+ a night, no points availability, so I am just heading straight to the airport at 4 or 5am to hang out at the club for a few hours
Now if only I realized I would be doing this before I cancelled my platinum card the day before booking oh well $50 will be well spent

And hopefully will get TSA precheck and avoid all the hassle
If you haven't already, you might want to check this out: http://www.flysfo.com/flight-info/security

You should be fine with 4-5am, but probably not earlier...
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
This is why I hate when airlines don't post delays in a timely fashion.
I personally hate this as well. At least VX gave you a little warning. AA and DL prefer to let the departure time come and go before actually calling the flight delayed. Drives me crazy when I leave the lounge and go all the way to the gate just to find I need to go back to the lounge.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmd320
I personally hate this as well. At least VX gave you a little warning. AA and DL prefer to let the departure time come and go before actually calling the flight delayed. Drives me crazy when I leave the lounge and go all the way to the gate just to find I need to go back to the lounge.
AA is definitely terrible on that!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:56 am

Soooo. No more of the pork shoulder? I've been there like 5 times and it's been the same set of food every single time. It's not bad, I actually found it tasty but would've liked some variety there. I wonder who's coming in, or if he chose to leave on his own or got the boot?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:39 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by djtsukasa
... if he chose to leave on his own or got the boot?
-OR- if he was hired only for the startup splash, and it was never intended that he would be there longer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.