Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Any cereal?

Any other bread products, besides French toast?
There had been an oatmeal last time I was there (I think). Can't remember if there were cereal options or not.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:32 pm

Sounds like the breakfast options are considerably better now. When I passed through there in December everything was picked over, not refreshed, and I had a bialy so stale it was literally impossible to eat. Oh, and OJ out of warm coffee mugs because it took them 15 minutes to replace the normal drink glasses.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:49 pm

I'm here now, the chicken actually changed to Salmon! Quite delicious.

Always impressed with Michael the bartender. He is the most professional bartender I've been a customer of, always talking to you, sincerely apologizing if they are out of something, and you can ask him for any drink in the world and he'll whip it up right away. Having a blue door right now, and last time I asked for an old fashioned he said it is one drink that he hasn't perfected yet... although it was the best old fashioned I've had haha.

Amex, if you're reading this.... a raise for Michael!!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by djtsukasa
I'm here now, the chicken actually changed to Salmon! Quite delicious.
^ (Loved the chicken, but also really like salmon.)

Wonder if they're going to be swapping something out every month now? That'll be nice for anyone passing through there regularly.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Amex, if you're reading this.... a raise for Michael!!
My guess would be the food and beverage staff work for a third party contractor and are likely union, but I don't know for sure.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by fwoomp
^ (Loved the chicken, but also really like salmon.)

Wonder if they're going to be swapping something out every month now? That'll be nice for anyone passing through there regularly.
That would be nice.... although I did miss the Chicken and also the pumpkin, the salmon was very good. I wonder when the change happened? If it was today, the month-to-month theory makes sense.

Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
My guess would be the food and beverage staff work for a third party contractor and are likely union, but I don't know for sure.
Regardless... he is awesome! haha. I intentionally choose SFO for my connections just for this lounge. My other options are LAX or DEN and.... no. haha. Although DEN is a nice airport, the lounges are lacking.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat 100, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Was here last Friday and Monday and it was the first time I've been back since the menu change. The breakfast is definitely much better than the previous menu. Wasn't a fan of the Fritata (probably sat out long and was too tough) but the French Toast and scrambled eggs were good. I love sweets and I could seriously just eat the French toast for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

As for the Lunch menu, I actually prefer some of the previous offers (pork and mushrooms) but it's still really good. The salmon is good only if it hasn't been sitting out long because it gets dry and overcooked quickly. Everything else was ok and I think the dessert mousse was better than I remembered.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:12 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by tsolin01
Was here last Friday and Monday and it was the first time I've been back since the menu change. The breakfast is definitely much better than the previous menu. Wasn't a fan of the Fritata (probably sat out long and was too tough) but the French Toast and scrambled eggs were good. I love sweets and I could seriously just eat the French toast for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

As for the Lunch menu, I actually prefer some of the previous offers (pork and mushrooms) but it's still really good. The salmon is good only if it hasn't been sitting out long because it gets dry and overcooked quickly. Everything else was ok and I think the dessert mousse was better than I remembered.
Thanks for the update, I'll be checking in on Sunday!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott P, SPG G
Access question: immediate family

So the access policy reads: immediate family OR two guests. If I'm traveling with parents and wife, do we all have access as a family, OR only two of them get access as my two guests??

Many thanks
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:02 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
That would be nice.... although I did miss the Chicken and also the pumpkin, the salmon was very good. I wonder when the change happened? If it was today, the month-to-month theory makes sense.

Regardless... he is awesome! haha. I intentionally choose SFO for my connections just for this lounge. My other options are LAX or DEN and.... no. haha. Although DEN is a nice airport, the lounges are lacking.
The salmon was already there in the last week of March. I was told by the chef that chicken was not very popular and so was replaced.

For the first time in my life, I am actually leaving home early many times now in order to have a nice drink and meals before a long flight!
Old Apr 4, 2015, 5:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cyanchan15
So the access policy reads: immediate family OR two guests. If I'm traveling with parents and wife,
The policy also defines immediate family, and parents are not mentioned:

immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18)
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott P, SPG G
Many thanks @mia
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by 1k650
The salmon was already there in the last week of March. I was told by the chef that chicken was not very popular and so was replaced.

For the first time in my life, I am actually leaving home early many times now in order to have a nice drink and meals before a long flight!
I liked the chicken! Must've been the only one haha.

But yes, you are right... I actually deliberately plan a connection in SFO just for that lounge.... risking weather delays haha.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I enjoyed the salmon and brussels sprouts around noon on Sunday! And the chocolate mint mousse <drool>
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: Hertz Gold, AMEX Plat, and a few others...
I've combed through this thread, but from what I've learned, I'm under the impression that we are able to visit the Centurion Lounge even if we are departing from another Terminal, say International Terminal A.

One of my relatives was hoping to visit today and was turned away by security stating that she needed a 'Terminal 3 Boarding Pass'(she was flying out of the A Gates). If what I mentioned above is correct, she would've been able to clear security and get to the lounge right? Unless something has changed in the past few weeks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.