Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just had the fried chicken, was wonderful. Went well with Almanac IPA on tap.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by steveman518
Any word on if they repaired the shower at the lounge? Last time around there was almost no water pressure...
Not as of last Saturday when I visited.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:42 am

So I've seen some posts reading that you can visit this through Arrivals. Some read that you don't need a same-day boarding pass for the Centurion Lounge. The Amex site states you need one.

So I'm confused, can you still visit if SFO is your final destination or is it only for layovers? Since I would be arriving on a redeye at about 5am, I was going to see if I could enter for a breakfast and shower, heh.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by gyuudon
So I've seen some posts reading that you can visit this through Arrivals. Some read that you don't need a same-day boarding pass for the Centurion Lounge. The Amex site states you need one.

So I'm confused, can you still visit if SFO is your final destination or is it only for layovers? Since I would be arriving on a redeye at about 5am, I was going to see if I could enter for a breakfast and shower, heh.
Assuming you're arriving on United, you can use the Centurion Lounge. TSA won't allow you back airside if you're arriving from another terminal.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
Assuming you're arriving on United, you can use the Centurion Lounge. TSA won't allow you back airside if you're arriving from another terminal.
I never entered the Centurion Lounge before so my question is: Do they check for boarding passes at the Lounge entrance or all you need is your Plat card?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I never entered the Centurion Lounge before so my question is: Do they check for boarding passes at the Lounge entrance or all you need is your Plat card?
Plat card, ID and boarding pass.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:58 pm

Assuming you're arriving on United, you can use the Centurion Lounge.
Have you gotten in when the lounge is located at your destination? The access policy requires "a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier". I would interpret that to include arriving passengers, but I'm not sure AmEx sees it the same way.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by dhuey
Have you gotten in when the lounge is located at your destination? The access policy requires "a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier". I would interpret that to include arriving passengers, but I'm not sure AmEx sees it the same way.
Admittedly, I haven't tried this at SFO, but I have at DFW to get dinner when I had an onward connection the next morning. I asked about using the lounge on arrival, and the reception there said they look for a same-day boarding pass that involves the airport where the lounge is located, and it doesn't matter if one is departing or arriving. If given any trouble, you could cite the policy at DFW. I think they're collecting boarding passes for two reasons, the first is for marketing purposes and the second is as a first line of defense against airport or airline employees grabbing all of their meals there.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:29 pm

If given any trouble, you could cite the policy at DFW. I think they're collecting boarding passes for two reasons, the first is for marketing purposes and the second is as a first line of defense against airport or airline employees grabbing all of their meals there.
Sounds like a good guess for why they have the policy.

I agree that anyone here attempting to gain access upon arrival (with no connection) should have the policy at the ready. Should the agent balk at your entry, say (very politely): "I'm sorry, my understanding is that I have access with a same-day boarding pass; the boarding pass I gave you is from earlier today."
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I have presented arrival BPs at DFW many times and have never had been given any kind of problem.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:51 pm

Has anyone here done a redeye flight with SFO as their destination then?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Has anyone here done a redeye flight with SFO as their destination then?
Centurion at SFO has never had an issue with me using a boarding pass from an arrival that calendar day for entry. As others have stated, unless you're arriving domestically into the UA side of the airport, TSA (really Covenant) won't let you back through security without a departing boarding pass, but Centurion will be happy to let you in.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
I have used arrival BP at LAS and had no issue
Old Jun 11, 2015, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
Centurion at SFO has never had an issue with me using a boarding pass from an arrival that calendar day for entry. As others have stated, unless you're arriving domestically into the UA side of the airport, TSA (really Covenant) won't let you back through security without a departing boarding pass, but Centurion will be happy to let you in.
Fantastic. I'm flying by United so won't have any problems there. Now all I have to do is wait for my vacation date to arrive and make sure I just pass out on that return flight.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
As others have stated, unless you're arriving domestically into the UA side of the airport, TSA (really Covenant) won't let you back through security without a departing boarding pass, but Centurion will be happy to let you in.
And, of course, there is always the routine of buying a refundable ticket, going through security, and cancelling the ticket while tasting wine in the Centurion Lounge. A bit of a hassle, but possibly worth it if you have some time to kill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.