Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
CL crowding at SFO is pretty bad from my experience. I'm here now at 9am and there are no tables. I was sitting with a family. I am leaving shortly to go to the rotunda club.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:47 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nomad420
... I need to get a Amex Plat Card and that gives me access to all CLs, correct,....
Correct:

Can I purchase a membership to The Centurion Lounge?
We do not currently offer memberships. Access is only available to Platinum and Centurion Members and their guests.
https://www.thecenturionlounge.com/info/faq
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:17 pm

Friends, American Expresss The Centurion Lounge - SFO bar will undergo renovations for a couple weeks. It is scheduled to begin tonight or in the next few days.

The large natural wood table opposite the bar and adjacent to the wine wall will serve as a temporary bar to for basic cocktail service.

Don't forget to tip your bartender! Safe travels.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by christof
Friends, American Expresss The Centurion Lounge - SFO bar will undergo renovations for a couple weeks. It is scheduled to begin tonight or in the next few days.

The large natural wood table opposite the bar and adjacent to the wine wall will serve as a temporary bar to for basic cocktail service.

I wonder why the renovation? That bar seemed to be in very good shape to me (and I have given it some use)..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Oct 9, 2017 at 9:50 am
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I wonder why the renovation? That bar seemed to be in very good shape to me (and I have given it some usage)..
Yeah, I wonder what the problem was. This place is not even three years old.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles

Did NOT need this, considering the UC issues as well
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Did NOT need this, considering the UC issues as well
+1

How long is "a few weeks" likely to last? Given that it seems to take six month minimum to do any kind of construction project at an airport, I hope things can get finished by the holiday season.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by transportprof
+1

How long is "a few weeks" likely to last? Given that it seems to take six month minimum to do any kind of construction project at an airport, I hope things can get finished by the holiday season.
I'm coming through twice next week, so few weeks definitely covers that
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:37 pm

Now, I would be very happy if as part of this renovation they put in a soda machine so you wouldn't have to wait in line at the bar to get a Diet Coke.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Now, I would be very happy if as part of this renovation they put in a soda machine so you wouldn't have to wait in line at the bar to get a Diet Coke.
I wish we could get a Diet Coke in the Centurion Lounge.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I've been thinking about this remodel..Pehaps they'll be installing a tap wine and beer system along with other beverages (kombucha, nitro coffee) and the likes.. just a thought..
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
If you replace "Diet Coke" with just regular "Coke", I am all for this. I suggested this idea months ago. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is not obsessed with alcohol...
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:47 pm

You can add Coke to Diet Coke, you don't need to replace it.

But there is no reason to make people deal with a bartender to get a soft drink - any more than there is a reason to have them get a coffee from the bartender.

This system may cost them more money. If I can get a soft drink at a machine, I will most likely do that. If I have to wait for a bartender - I'll get a (more expensive) alcoholic drink to compensate for my time.

Originally Posted by Finagler
If you replace "Diet Coke" with just regular "Coke", I am all for this. I suggested this idea months ago. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is not obsessed with alcohol...
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by transportprof
How long is "a few weeks" likely to last?
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I'm coming through twice next week, so few weeks definitely covers that
No, A couple weeks.

Im unaware of the exact changes we should expect, but I figure Id share with the community since I learned of it from the staff.

In a previous thread, someone who valued more space and less crowds instead, nay, additionally visited United Club. I think AMEX is doing everything it can to improve Centurion Lounge crowding, now limiting access to Platinum and Centurion cardmembers.

Tip your bartender. Safe travels.

Last edited by christof; Oct 10, 2017 at 12:46 am
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:02 am

No, “A couple weeks.”
Oops, thanks for correcting us!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.