Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:00 pm

How much time should I give myself to get to my flight in the international terminal from the Centurian lounge at SFO?

Also, can me and my guest get in both the Centurian lounge and Priority Pass lounge within the same day?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by baydude
How much time should I give myself to get to my flight in the international terminal from the Centurian lounge at SFO?

Also, can me and my guest get in both the Centurian lounge and Priority Pass lounge within the same day?
It will take you 5 minutes to get to the International Terminal. Depending on which gate you seek and your walking speed, you might want to allocate 15-20 minutes total.

Re lounges, the answer is "Yes"
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:14 am

For those who live in SF and have the Amex platinum, what's the best airline to be loyal to with this card? I usually fly United since I have the Chase United MileagePlus card but the Amex platinum card doesn't seem so friendly with United.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 24 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
For those who live in SF and have the Amex platinum, what's the best airline to be loyal to with this card? I usually fly United since I have the Chase United MileagePlus card but the Amex platinum card doesn't seem so friendly with United.
What is your definition of "not friendly"?
Since this thread is about the Centurion Lounge at SFO, and the lounge is in T3 across from Gate 74/75, which is dedicated to United operations, flying United and using that lounge is the "best airline" to be loyal to if ease of access to the lounge is important to you.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
What is your definition of "not friendly"?
Since this thread is about the Centurion Lounge at SFO, and the lounge is in T3 across from Gate 74/75, which is dedicated to United operations, flying United and using that lounge is the "best airline" to be loyal to if ease of access to the lounge is important to you.
Yeah I'm really not understanding the "not friendly" post. Flying domestic from SFO, it's realistically UA or nothing if you want to use the Centurion lounge. Flying any other domestic carrier out of SFO will require clearing security twice.

And of course AMEX Plat will get you Skyclub access if you're flying DL. SFO SC is pretty nice.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yeah I'm really not understanding the "not friendly" post. Flying domestic from SFO, it's realistically UA or nothing if you want to use the Centurion lounge. Flying any other domestic carrier out of SFO will require clearing security twice.

And of course AMEX Plat will get you Skyclub access if you're flying DL. SFO SC is pretty nice.
Maybe I'm wrong but the "not friendly" was referring to the fact I don't see UA as an airline I can transfer my Membership Rewards points to.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:15 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...don't see UA as an airline I can transfer my Membership Rewards points to.
Correct, but you can redeem MR points for travel on flights operated by any Star Alliance carrier, including UA. However, this is not the thread where you would find information. Start in the Wikipost of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l-program.html
baydude likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Maybe I'm wrong but the "not friendly" was referring to the fact I don't see UA as an airline I can transfer my Membership Rewards points to.
Well then you're stuck with DL and B6, because you can't transfer MR to any other US airline.

As already noted, you can redeem for travel on UA via several other MR transfer partners.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
About 90% of capacity at 9:30 am today. I got in, got some eggs & barley, a went to the Delta Sky Club. The SC is pretty nice, though Centurion has better food. Much smaller crowd made the SC a little more relaxing.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by dhuey
About 90% of capacity at 9:30 am today. I got in, got some eggs & barley, a went to the Delta Sky Club. The SC is pretty nice, though Centurion has better food. Much smaller crowd made the SC a little more relaxing.
I've been doing the same on the United side. Pop into the Centurion Lounge, get a bite to eat, and head over to the United Club which is larger, typically less crowded and quiet.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:00 am

Flying to SFO on Delta, looks like Terminal 1. Can I access the lounge on arrival? Are T1 and T3 connected airside?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:13 am

No, not connected.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Looking at joining the CL given the issues with the UC at SFO (and elsewhere) now. Can someone provide me with a quick review of what the CL at SFO is like, crowds, amenities, etc... Also what is the easiest and most cost effective way to join. Feel free to redirect if there is a better wiki for this. For my travel patterns the CL at SFO works well as far as its location.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by nomad420
Looking at joining the CL given the issues with the UC at SFO (and elsewhere) now. Can someone provide me with a quick review of what the CL at SFO is like, crowds, amenities, etc... Also what is the easiest and most cost effective way to join. Feel free to redirect if there is a better wiki for this. For my travel patterns the CL at SFO works well as far as its location.
You don't really "join" the CL -- it's a benefit of the Amex Platinum card (also Centurion, if you're in that stratosphere). Quick review: better food than most lounges, great bar and wine tasting, nice atmosphere, but crowding is often a problem.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by dhuey
You don't really "join" the CL -- it's a benefit of the Amex Platinum card (also Centurion, if you're in that stratosphere). Quick review: better food than most lounges, great bar and wine tasting, nice atmosphere, but crowding is often a problem.
I have been reviewing the rather lengthy wiki here and yeah I see crowding seems to be a recurrent issue here. Given what is going on at the UC at SFO it may even get worse if others such as myself move over to the CL.
Basically I need to get a Amex Plat Card and that gives me access to all CLs, correct, Thanks for the prompt feedback.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.