Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Arrived at SFO Lounge around 1:45PM. If there was a lunch crowd today, I think I might have just missed it. I would guess the lounge is at about 75% capacity. There are a few open tables in the dining area and a lot of open seats throughout the rest of the lounge.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by khkchan
thinking of getting the Amex Platinum card just to use the shower at SFO on a weekday at 11am. I have 3 hours to connect. Read that there is just one shower at SFO. How likely I can get access to a shower? Thanks.
depends on timing and space obviously. FWIW as it's only a single point of reference, my dad met me at the lounge in summer last year (weekday around 10 AM), he was transferring from an international arrival to domestic and just got off a 13 hour flight.

His wait for the shower was about 30 minutes, and that's when the lounge tables were pretty much full. They will put you on the list and notify you when it's ready. They have a courtesy rule of only 20 minute showers or something like that. I believe there were 2 people on front of him at that time.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Lounge is pretty full right now. Had to walk around and wait for a seat. Line for the buffet and bar as well. I was really hoping the updated guest policy and new AF would thin the crowds. It didn't seem to have any impact.

The menu has changed a bit as well. Seems potato heavy now. There is some potato leek salad, then a bowl of potatoes, and a potato puree. Rather than chicken thighs and another shredded style meat (was beef or pork), now it's just shreeded chicken. The vegetable curry dish has been swapped with a lentil stew.

Last edited by JHake10; Jun 18, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
Lounge is pretty full right now. Had to walk around and wait for a seat. Line for the buffet and bar as well. I was really hoping the updated guest policy and new AF would thin the crowds. It didn't seem to have any impact.

The menu has changed a bit as well. Seems potato heavy now. There is some potato leek salad, then a bowl of potatoes, and a potato puree. Rather than chicken thighs and another shredded style meat (was beef or pork), now it's just shreeded chicken. The vegetable curry dish has been swapped with a lentil stew.

I was there last July early in the morning. Crowded, but still pretty nice. Lots of breakfast stuff, eggs, etc. Ate an entire breakfast, with juice, coffee. Nice.

I head for the Centurian Lounges whenever I can find one.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:16 pm

My last 3 trips to the lounge, I did not experience such "crowds". But I guess it's your perspective of what's crowded.

In the worst case, I sit at the large dining table in an adjacent seat next to an occupied seat (gasp! instead of skipping a seat), I know...the humanity...I'll live.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:52 pm

are International G gates connected airside to International A gates?

i.e. AMEX Centurion Lounge in G airside to departure gate in A
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by Colin

No, A is across the terminal and not connected. Would have to clear security again.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Colin

No, but in my experience security in the A concourse tends to be pretty fast, even for the regular line. No guarantees, of course. There have probably been some long lines at times.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Passed through a couple of times this week. Was pretty busy earlier today (holiday weekend travelers) but staff were very active clearing tables and finding seating.

Wine tasting set-up is novel and straightforward to use but a little awkward sometimes having to squeeze behind people seated nearby.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:57 pm

Arrived at SFO Lounge at approximately 1:30PM today. This is the most empty I ever remember seeing this place. I don't travel on Saturdays very frequently, so I don't know if this is an oddity or not, but it's nice having all of this empty space.

As for the food today, it feels like the same boring chicken, pork, rice dishes they have been serving every time I have been here the past few months. I really wish they would change things up more frequently. And the coffee machine is broken. It's pretty much only good for giving hot water right now.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:21 pm

Arrived at the SFO Lounge around 2PM. It's not very crowded at all - probably about 60-70% full.

There is a saffron chicken that is very moist and flavorful. Mashed potatoes, rice, sauteed kale, and salad round out the menu. For dessert, they have chocolate chip cookies and a chocolate mousse that tastes like it has coffee flavor as well. Unfortunately, the coffee machine is broken once again.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:50 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Popped in earlier this week about midday. Packed to the gills, with members either standing along the walls or sitting on the bench by the entrance. Only 1 bartender, so line was often backed up with 6+ people waiting. Wifi was starting to slow down by mid-afternoon, so switched over to the SFO wifi instead. Staff cleared tables quickly, but think it was more due to the fact that they were constantly short on plates, spoons, and water glasses.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:55 pm

Google maps has a nice feature about popular times of the lounge. The worst is Thursday 7pm and Friday 8pm. Generally Tuesdays and SAturdays are the quietest.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Finagler
Arrived at the SFO Lounge around 2PM. It's not very crowded at all - probably about 60-70% full.

There is a saffron chicken that is very moist and flavorful. Mashed potatoes, rice, sauteed kale, and salad round out the menu. For dessert, they have chocolate chip cookies and a chocolate mousse that tastes like it has coffee flavor as well. Unfortunately, the coffee machine is broken once again.
Those hot food options sound almost exactly the same as what I had at the DFW lounge a few months ago.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
9 p.m. on a Thursday, and while the terminals were starting to feel empty, the lounge was absolutely packed. This lounge needs more space. It's getting a little silly...

I ended up leaving and slumming it at the United Club, which had plenty of space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.