Wiki Posts
Search

Report Amex website problems here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jkenn
When I click on "contact customer care" it takes me to a face page for American express travel. It's been like this for days. Weird!
I cannot reproduce this problem. Assuming your card is issued in the USA, try this:

Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Kimpton InnerCircle VIP, SPG Platinum, Hhonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond.
I've had three attempted point transfers this week cancelled on AMEX's end as a result of "technical difficulties". Spoke with an MR rep and she said they're having system issues and any transfers to SPG right now have to be done manually, via an inquiry over the phone. Someone is supposed to call me within 24 hours to confirm the points have been moved. I'm hoping this works quickly, as SPG is holding a suite for me until the points go through.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
The Amex UK website appears to be completely down, the links redirect to US site.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by reclusive46
The Amex UK website appears to be completely down, the links redirect to US site.
Same for me... and I'm unable to log in!
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
anyone else having trouble transferring MR to airlines today? I tried to transfer to BA & ANA, but the checkout button is grayed out, says there is an error.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 3:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by allanfan
anyone else having trouble transferring MR to airlines today? I tried to transfer to BA & ANA, but the checkout button is grayed out, says there is an error.
Previous inconclusive discussion here, begin at post 24:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...o-through.html
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:21 pm

The "Business" logo from the top navigation bar is usually misplaced on the page - not in the navigation bar, but below the "My Account" logo.

On most pages this is not an issue. On the "Rewards" page, however, the "Business" logo sits above the "My Points" link. So I can not click that link with the mouse. I have to hit the Tab key 16 times to go to "My Points", then hit enter. This is the only way I can access my Rewards points account.

I have reported this to Amex over a year ago, but nothing has changed.

I experience this on several computers with different browsers (today, I've tried with Firefox 20, Chromium and Epiphany.)
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by mia
Previous inconclusive discussion here, begin at post 24:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...o-through.html
Thank you mia. I have exactly the same issue as post 24. I'm going to SM MR to get the transfer done.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 7:27 am

amex system appears down again this morning...was applying for amex hilton. you guys may get the same problem if you try moving miles.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I assume that this is an intentional change, rather than an error, but I no longer see my Membership Rewards that are pending; on the main AmEx page, I just see my current MR balance, and then earned and used points.

Is there a way to see pending points, other than by just looking at a statement and seeing how much the last statement amount was?

Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
I made a few billpay transactions last week. Got the email alerts from amex on Monday morning that they received the payments. It's now Wednesday yet the payments haven't show up online. Anybody else experiencing this problem?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by lad2
I made a few billpay transactions last week. Got the email alerts from amex on Monday morning that they received the payments. It's now Wednesday yet the payments haven't show up online. Anybody else experiencing this problem?
Same here. The available credit after making payments is showing correctly on the revolving cards, the payment was taken from my bank account for both revolving and charge cards, but it's not appearing online.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Ditto. Made my payments days ago - the cash cleared my bank, but my balance still shows no credit being applied against it. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Further, I think my MR account balance is short by a few thousand points.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA*G
same here
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have the same issue as well. This month I only have activities on the charge card.

I had a scheduled payment for 27th but decided to move it to 25th. First the delete button did not work from the payment summary page. I finally was able to delete the 27th one from the Pay Bill screen. Rescheduled it for 25th, got an automatic Payment Received email from AMEX, money cleared my bank the same day 25th. But the payment is not posted. I sent a Missing Payment SM and got a cheerful reply said "Dont worry.", the payment was received on 25th and was now "being processed."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.