FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Report Amex website problems here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1044670-report-amex-website-problems-here.html)

TAHKUCT Jan 7, 2009 6:50 am

Report Amex website problems here

Have been trying to access my account online since yesterday night 10:00pm EST via www.americanexpress.com and get a system error. Tried Canadian website and get the same error? Is anybody else experiencing same thing? Just tried amex mobile site and it is also down.

zzboba Jan 7, 2009 6:54 am

I can't access my german account. Tried a couple of times today.

TAHKUCT Jan 7, 2009 7:00 am

I guess this is a global issue with them. I will try to call them later and see if it is only their website down and not the whole system. Has anybody tried to use Amex card today? Any problems?

jghassell Jan 7, 2009 7:23 am

I tried a few times from 7 AM this morning until now (9:22) with no success. Quicken was not able to get in, either.

S.Bling Jan 7, 2009 7:24 am

Amex has confirmed that they are well aware of this problem and have been trying to solve it for some time.

They have not been communicated what exactly the issue is, and their IT Team and Technical Support Group do not have an estimated timeframe for fixing this either.

They could not confirm whether this is a global issue, only that in the USA it appears that their systems are down since yesterday and they cannot yet fix them...

jghassell Jan 7, 2009 7:34 am

I am sure it's nothing an infusion of 100k MR points into my account can't fix ;)

freeflyin Jan 7, 2009 8:04 am

Originally Posted by S.Bling (Post 11027296)
Amex has confirmed that they are well aware of this problem and have been trying to solve it for some time.

They have not been communicated what exactly the issue is, and their IT Team and Technical Support Group do not have an estimated timeframe for fixing this either.

They could not confirm whether this is a global issue, only that in the USA it appears that their systems are down since yesterday and they cannot yet fix them...

This is disappointing-I had trouble on Monday also-kind of makes you wonder how vulnerable their systems are since it has been days now.

alemdohorizonte Jan 7, 2009 8:16 am

both the australia centurion site and regular amex site have been down since last night as well.

Dreps Jan 7, 2009 9:09 am

Perhaps there is a bright side in that maybe my billing cycle will close today before some big charges are posted ;) .

Roger Jan 7, 2009 9:39 am

UK site was down at 07:00 GMT today, back up now.

asimha Jan 7, 2009 9:42 am

Switzerland back up

zzboba Jan 7, 2009 9:52 am

Germany up and running now either!

TomT Jan 7, 2009 10:01 am

USA Still out...12:00 PM

Driving me nuts.....still out right now......:td:

Nicksta Jan 7, 2009 10:07 am

I was just able to logon - looks okay now. I did have trouble this AM, though.

GK Jan 7, 2009 10:08 am

Hong Kong site been down all day.. very annoying