FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Report Amex website problems here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1044670-report-amex-website-problems-here.html)

TAHKUCT Jan 7, 2009 6:50 am

Report Amex website problems here

Have been trying to access my account online since yesterday night 10:00pm EST via www.americanexpress.com and get a system error. Tried Canadian website and get the same error? Is anybody else experiencing same thing? Just tried amex mobile site and it is also down.

zzboba Jan 7, 2009 6:54 am

I can't access my german account. Tried a couple of times today.

TAHKUCT Jan 7, 2009 7:00 am

I guess this is a global issue with them. I will try to call them later and see if it is only their website down and not the whole system. Has anybody tried to use Amex card today? Any problems?

jghassell Jan 7, 2009 7:23 am

I tried a few times from 7 AM this morning until now (9:22) with no success. Quicken was not able to get in, either.

S.Bling Jan 7, 2009 7:24 am

Amex has confirmed that they are well aware of this problem and have been trying to solve it for some time.

They have not been communicated what exactly the issue is, and their IT Team and Technical Support Group do not have an estimated timeframe for fixing this either.

They could not confirm whether this is a global issue, only that in the USA it appears that their systems are down since yesterday and they cannot yet fix them...

jghassell Jan 7, 2009 7:34 am

I am sure it's nothing an infusion of 100k MR points into my account can't fix ;)

freeflyin Jan 7, 2009 8:04 am

Originally Posted by S.Bling (Post 11027296)
Amex has confirmed that they are well aware of this problem and have been trying to solve it for some time.

They have not been communicated what exactly the issue is, and their IT Team and Technical Support Group do not have an estimated timeframe for fixing this either.

They could not confirm whether this is a global issue, only that in the USA it appears that their systems are down since yesterday and they cannot yet fix them...

This is disappointing-I had trouble on Monday also-kind of makes you wonder how vulnerable their systems are since it has been days now.

alemdohorizonte Jan 7, 2009 8:16 am

both the australia centurion site and regular amex site have been down since last night as well.

Dreps Jan 7, 2009 9:09 am

Perhaps there is a bright side in that maybe my billing cycle will close today before some big charges are posted ;) .

Roger Jan 7, 2009 9:39 am

UK site was down at 07:00 GMT today, back up now.

asimha Jan 7, 2009 9:42 am

Switzerland back up

zzboba Jan 7, 2009 9:52 am

Germany up and running now either!

TomT Jan 7, 2009 10:01 am

USA Still out...12:00 PM

Driving me nuts.....still out right now......:td:

Nicksta Jan 7, 2009 10:07 am

I was just able to logon - looks okay now. I did have trouble this AM, though.

GK Jan 7, 2009 10:08 am

Hong Kong site been down all day.. very annoying

jimquan Jan 7, 2009 12:22 pm

Does anyone else get directed to the Amex Fraud prevention page and then looped around (again) to the login screen? I called web support about this once and they had no clue.

Jim

christianj Jan 7, 2009 12:58 pm

US site just worked fine for me 2 minutes ago.

TAHKUCT Jan 7, 2009 6:37 pm

Yes, indeed it is working now.

pepemaui Jan 7, 2009 8:03 pm

Game on..

thorba Jan 13, 2009 12:11 pm

amex website "down" yet again

just been trying to log into my account online and the site is down again. This seems to be happening very regularly and it looks like amex are having many problems with website glitches.

I also noticed that when I signed on to the US version of the website my account comes up showing me as a Gold card holder instead of Platinum....

weird!

anyone else had the same problem?

Nicksta Jan 13, 2009 12:49 pm

Just tried the site and it looked okay to me. But, I was having some difficulty yesterday, so something is stiff off.

TAHKUCT Jan 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Wirelessly posted (Treo 800w Sprint: Treo800w/v0100 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE, PPC; 320x320) (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11))

I also have no problems accessing my accounts via amex mobile site.

lessthanzero Jan 13, 2009 1:45 pm

It was definitely down a few minutes ago, and is very flaky now. I'm getting: "We're Sorry. Our System is not responding. You may experience intermittent delays. We apologize for this inconvenience. Try your request again later today." And I have been getting that a lot these days.

BLV Jan 13, 2009 2:05 pm

On a slightly different note, but still speaking of problems.

For the past 6 months, at the very least, I have not been able to see # of pending points under Points Balance ---> See your details. I have reported this problem, hm, at least 5 times and to this day I have to call to find out what's pending.

Anyone else?

Urban Sun Jan 13, 2009 2:07 pm

The Amex site has to be one of the worst out there. It is not user friendly at all. Also why do we need silly music playing on the homepage? I just want a fast, functional, easy to navigate and good looking site.

Originally Posted by thorba (Post 11068072)
I also noticed that when I signed on to the US version of the website my account comes up showing me as a Gold card holder instead of Platinum....

Same. It shows me as Gold but I have Centurion.

Also -

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...s_website_bug/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...ite_bug_redux/

stickskier Jan 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Had similar issues - I do think they should enhance the login process though - with my Bank of America account I have an extra layer that sends a 1 time use code to my cell phone to log in

...but in Amex's favour - there's many other sites that need to improve as well!

TAHKUCT Jan 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Urban Sun (Post 11068915)
Also why do we need silly music playing on the homepage?

That music does irritate me every time I am login in from a computer that I have not muted it yet.

PhilC Jan 14, 2009 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by BLV (Post 11068903)
For the past 6 months, at the very least, I have not been able to see # of pending points under Points Balance ---> See your details. I have reported this problem, hm, at least 5 times and to this day I have to call to find out what's pending.

Anyone else?

I can see pending points under the Statement Details tab.

divemistressofthedark Jan 15, 2009 1:35 pm

Also really (REALLY) irritated by all the outages. I'm trying to get my tax docs together and I really (REALLY) need to get into my online account since I can't find one particular statement.

WHEN will this be fixed? It seems like it's down about half the time lately.

p.s. there's a mobile site???? What is it?

Ritz Jan 15, 2009 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark (Post 11082854)

p.s. there's a mobile site???? What is it?

IME, when the "regular" site is down, the AmexMobile site is always down as well. I, too, am getting very irritated about this. We only pay $500/year for the "privileges" of having the Amex (Plat), apparently routine account access isn't among those privileges.

tomatoflight Jan 17, 2009 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz (Post 11083330)
IME, when the "regular" site is down, the AmexMobile site is always down as well. I, too, am getting very irritated about this. We only pay $500/year for the "privileges" of having the Amex (Plat), apparently routine account access isn't among those privileges.

yeah, the website NEVER works on my iphone. i don't know if it's not compatible with the iphone, but i haven't been able to access the mobile site since it went live.

TAHKUCT Jan 17, 2009 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by tomatoflight (Post 11095728)
yeah, the website NEVER works on my iphone. i don't know if it's not compatible with the iphone, but i haven't been able to access the mobile site since it went live.

Are you using this link for mobile access? https://www99.americanexpress.com/myca/mobl/us/?r=l_l

I have no problem accessing it, except when the main site is down.

buffcoat Feb 3, 2009 9:34 am

Website down?

I haven't been able to log into the American Express website for two days now. Anyone else having this problem?

Nicksta Feb 3, 2009 10:11 am

It hasn't been down all day, but I had a lot of difficulty pulling information for my taxes yesterday.

Paint Horse Feb 3, 2009 10:18 am

It worked yesterday, but as is often the case lately; it was very slow.

upgrader Feb 3, 2009 11:04 am

It's been working fine for me all day. At least for the credit card and MR functions.

herbchris53 Feb 3, 2009 11:08 am

I can't log in right now. This happens way too often IMO.

JetAway Feb 3, 2009 11:19 am

It's been down, off and on, since the weekend. It's a very unreliable website.

jtromb33 Feb 3, 2009 11:48 am

I've haven't been able to log in at all today. Just called customer support and they said they are working on the problem.

skofarrell Feb 3, 2009 11:58 am

Is the Amex Website down? Only on days that end in "y". :cool: