FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Report Amex website problems here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1044670-report-amex-website-problems-here.html)

flyer4512 Jan 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Report Amex website access problems here

Can anyone get into the transfer points section of the website ?

When I click on use points it just keeps redirecting me in a loop

flyer4512 Jan 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 13169165)
Bad news, AA does not participate in Membership Rewards.

Try this link to see the airline transfer partners...

http://www.membershiprewards.com/cat...lFreqFlyerProg

Looks like a $100 Kohls card, lol

That link doesn't work either, you must be having issues with your website

mia Jan 12, 2010 7:03 pm

The link works fine for me, I tested before posting. However, to be sure there is no misunderstanding I do not work for American Express. Flyertalk moderators are merely members who agree to facilitate discussion. There have been other reports of problems access the US American Express website.

flyer4512 Jan 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 13169252)
The link works fine for me, I tested before posting. However, to be sure there is no misunderstanding I do not work for American Express. Flyertalk moderators are merely members who agree to facilitate discussion. There have been other reports of problems access the US American Express website.

It's working now but I tried from diffferent spots on different computers earlier an it was not

Thanks

flyer4512 Jan 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Why does the award website go down around this time almost every night ?

It runs in a continuous loop trying to acces different URLS

flyer4512 Jan 19, 2010 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 13195628)

Can anyone access this link ? No luck on 2 different computers, they just keep redirecting you in a loop.

Same thing when you go to Amex homepage

islandguy84 Jan 19, 2010 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 13213578)
Can anyone access this link ? No luck on 2 different computers, they just keep redirecting you in a loop.

Same thing when you go to Amex homepage

I can access this link fine. No issues.

flyer4512 Jan 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by islandguy84 (Post 13214303)
I can access this link fine. No issues.

Yep now it's working for me also. Several times it has been down in the past week though

flyer4512 Jan 20, 2010 4:01 pm

Ok, same problem again right now with the link in a constant loop trying to access different URL's

I'm in a diffferent state on a diffferent computer so I know this isn't just me

www.membershiprewards.com

Mia, do you have any insight on this ?

It seeems to do this everyday for a few hours around 5pm ET

EDIT

NOW it's working at 7pm, lol

upgrader Jan 27, 2010 8:30 am

Have not been able to sign on to my accounts all morning. Anyone else having the same problem?

zzboba Jan 27, 2010 8:46 am

Originally Posted by upgrader (Post 13266626)
Have not been able to sign on to my accounts all morning. Anyone else having the same problem?

Yes, seems very slow and confused today.

G-BOAC Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

I've been able to sign in [to the UK site] all day but there's no info - 'Member Since 0' and 'Unavailable' against all info items. Very odd.

mia Jan 27, 2010 9:13 am

[Moderator enters ...]

Even if your Flyertalk profile shows your location, it might be helpful to mention the nationality of the American Express website you are trying to access.

[...moderator exits]

G-BOAC Jan 28, 2010 4:03 am

[UK] Working OK today.

SingaporeDon Jan 30, 2010 10:13 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 13220994)
Ok, same problem again right now with the link in a constant loop trying to access different URL's

I'm in a diffferent state on a diffferent computer so I know this isn't just me

www.membershiprewards.com

Accessing the Membership rewards section of the US American Express website from Singapore has, for the last several years, been impossible. You are directed to an endless loop, with the words "Process Redirect" appearing between constant changing of the address line in the website, and a blank page. I have tried IE, Safari and Firefox, but same problems. I have raised this with AMEX customer service, but they have no clue and have not been able to resolve the issue. I have given up now, and just call them when I want to transfer Membership Rewards points to airline partners. Sometimes they even throw in a few hundred points for the inconvenience. I wonder if this is some security issue, with access from foreign ISP's being blocked for some reason