Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report Amex website problems here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2010, 1:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage, QFF, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Strange response when logging into Amex

Trying to login to Amex to check my account, and get a screen saying my "login" is locked and asking me to enter full card number plus the 4 digits from the back. Doesn't seem right to me. Anyone else encountered this?
Has the Amex website been pirated?
Old Jan 31, 2010, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I would not trust it either. And as the number is on the front of amex platinum cards I would be extremely suspicious. I just logged into the site ok but I would err on the side of caution and call them if I was you.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 2:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wallaby
...screen saying my "login" is locked and asking me to enter full card number plus the 4 digits from the back
In my experience this is displayed after I have made a typographical error typing my User ID. I would simply close the browser and start over.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I would not trust it either. And as the number is on the front of amex platinum cards I would be extremely suspicious. I just logged into the site ok but I would err on the side of caution and call them if I was you.
Actually "back " was my error, it was showing the id number on the front.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by mia
In my experience this is displayed after I have made a typographical error typing my User ID. I would simply close the browser and start over.
Well after rebooting and clearing my browser cache I still get the same thing.
Guess I need to make a call.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Accessing the Membership rewards section of the US American Express website from Singapore has, for the last several years, been impossible. You are directed to an endless loop, with the words "Process Redirect" appearing between constant changing of the address line in the website, and a blank page. I have tried IE, Safari and Firefox, but same problems. I wonder if this is some security issue, with access from foreign ISP's being blocked for some reason
This happens often to me between approx 4pm- 8pm ET in the U.S on different ISP's so it's not isolated to overseas.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Accessing the Membership rewards section of the US American Express website from Singapore has, for the last several years, been impossible. You are directed to an endless loop, with the words "Process Redirect" appearing between constant changing of the address line in the website, and a blank page. I have tried IE, Safari and Firefox, but same problems. I have raised this with AMEX customer service, but they have no clue and have not been able to resolve the issue. I have given up now, and just call them when I want to transfer Membership Rewards points to airline partners. Sometimes they even throw in a few hundred points for the inconvenience. I wonder if this is some security issue, with access from foreign ISP's being blocked for some reason
I had this problem quite a few years back and received a solution that worked back then. Here is the thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...r-website.html

hth.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied for a larger credit limit. Got this link:

https://www201.americanexpress.com/e...c_email_status

I enter my zip and name, and I get an app number. I proceed, and I'm back to entering my zip and name. Endless loop.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:53 am

Down again, at least for past 90 minutes..
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:16 pm

American Express Accounts Online

For the last week or so almost every time a logon the website says it's busy and can't respond. Anyone know what's going on? Time of day doesn't seem to make much of a difference...7:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST...

Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:20 pm

Try a different computer.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion
Try a different computer.
Normally I would agree to try that option but none of my other online accounts (USAA, USAir, Visa, Starwoods, Hilton etc.) require me to do that. When I'm at the airport, which is every week...a second computer is not an option. That's where I am right now in fact...trying to do my expense reports.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Been working fine for me. Try clearing your cookies/cache. Or try opening it on a different browser(ie. Firefox, internet explorer, google chrome)
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:07 pm

Thanks...tried google with same results....getting this message:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our System is Not Responding
You may experience intermittent delays. We apologize for this inconvenience.

While we are working to correct the problem, you can:

Try again by hitting the Back, Refresh or Reload buttons on your web browser
Try your request again later today

If you are trying to make a payment, you can pay via telephone by calling 1-800-472-9297

Thank you
Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by theodoric1
Thanks...tried google with same results....getting this message:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our System is Not Responding
You may experience intermittent delays. We apologize for this inconvenience.

While we are working to correct the problem, you can:

Try again by hitting the Back, Refresh or Reload buttons on your web browser
Try your request again later today

If you are trying to make a payment, you can pay via telephone by calling 1-800-472-9297

Thank you
Interesting, if you indeed are getting that message then its an issue on their end, not yours. Not sure why its not a problem for everyone though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.