Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LovePrunes
CAUTION: Buyer Beware! DOES NOT WORK TO GET EXP This way
A caution to anyone who may try this suggestion to earn LPs buying FTD bonsai trees and hoping they get credit as a large multiplier of LP's from FTD. The Original Poster (and others) posted back that it posts as bonus miles and not base, so no LPs are earned.

some data points:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34174381-post70.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34048144-post308.html
Here's the thread on FTD:

Missing miles/LPs from FTD purchase in mid-Feb

Print Wikipost

127 bonsai trees for EXP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Ok, I figured it, got to AA.com under promotions and you can find the correct link that pulls the 30x promotion that gives the correct miles...

Give from the heart....

Make sure you take screenshots of where you entered your AA number, because it does not save it on the confirmation page...Also, use the AA card for extra AA miles, I assume...

EDIT: Do you think that there may be better offers, as we get close to VD? Like 40 miles/dollar? Or perhaps the other flowershops (lol) may do 40 miles per dollar?

Last edited by nk15; Jan 21, 2022 at 3:59 pm
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
And I just got an offer from PayPal to save $10 off $50 at FTD. Presumably can be used on top of getting the miles/LPs.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 7:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Oh no - I didn't realize they have tasty things. This isn't good for my New Year's Resolution! (Just ordered a Flavor Family box of caramels ) McCrea's Flavor Family Caramels Box (ftd.com)
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Oh no - I didn't realize they have tasty things. This isn't good for my New Year's Resolution! (Just ordered a Flavor Family box of caramels ) McCrea's Flavor Family Caramels Box (ftd.com)
Game changer!

I'm going to eat my way to EXP renewal.
vasantn, chrisny2, nk15 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right now I am undecided between 12 chocolate strawberries for $70 with shipping, a bridge in Queens for $60, or some land on Mars for $65.... Thoughts?
vasantn and justdorkin like this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:25 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nk15
Ok, I figured it, got to AA.com under promotions and you can find the correct link that pulls the 30x promotion that gives the correct miles...

Give from the heart....

Make sure you take screenshots of where you entered your AA number, because it does not save it on the confirmation page...Also, use the AA card for extra AA miles, I assume...

EDIT: Do you think that there may be better offers, as we get close to VD? Like 40 miles/dollar? Or perhaps the other flowershops (lol) may do 40 miles per dollar?
It's going to be a good Valentine's Day for lots of Flyertalkers' significant others ...
vasantn, FlyerBeek, nk15 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beckles
It's going to be a good Valentine's Day for lots of Flyertalkers' significant others ...
If you ever wanted to surprise your SO with a room full of flowers (or a garden or bonsai forest), this is the time......But if AA lied about the extra miles, the relationship may not survive come March...

Last edited by nk15; Jan 22, 2022 at 11:48 am
Old Jan 22, 2022, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Give from the heart....

That promotion specifically says that you earn bonus miles. Bonus miles don't get you LP
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, WN, Hyatt, HHonors, Avis Pref+
Could at-home Covid tests be a free shortcut?

If your health insurance has to reimburse you for 8 tests per month per person on the plan, a family of 4 could get 13k LP's for "free". I saw a shelf full of Binax tests at my local Walgreens; a 2 pack is $23 and Walgreens is 2 miles/$ through eShopping. Walgreens website did say the store was out of stock but the tests could be shipped.

4 2-packs is $92 or 276 LP's per person per month if you pay with an AAdvantage card through eShopping. If this is valid all year, that's 3312 per person or 13248 LP's for 4 people.

Now you'll just need to find a fax machine to submit the forms.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
That promotion specifically says that you earn bonus miles. Bonus miles don't get you LP
So are you saying that only the 20x miles may count for LPs, instead of the 30x? I guess only the final autopsy in March will reveal the truth....
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by ZonaFlyer
Could at-home Covid tests be a free shortcut?

If your health insurance has to reimburse you for 8 tests per month per person on the plan, a family of 4 could get 13k LP's for "free". I saw a shelf full of Binax tests at my local Walgreens; a 2 pack is $23 and Walgreens is 2 miles/$ through eShopping. Walgreens website did say the store was out of stock but the tests could be shipped.

4 2-packs is $92 or 276 LP's per person per month if you pay with an AAdvantage card through eShopping. If this is valid all year, that's 3312 per person or 13248 LP's for 4 people.

Now you'll just need to find a fax machine to submit the forms.
Home test kits are the new bonsai trees!
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So are you saying that only the 20x miles may count for LPs, instead of the 30x? I guess only the final autopsy in March will reveal the truth....
All I know for sure is that the promotion says you earn bonus miles, and bonus miles don't earn LP.

Of course they might post as base miles (who knows what will actually happen) but it says "bonus miles" in big letters so I would say that you wouldn't have a valid complaint if they posted as bonus.

The 20 mile offer is almost certainly base miles; FTD is listed as a retail partner that earns base miles in the FAQ.

It would not be surprising if the regular ongoing partner offer (20 miles/$) posted as base miles, while anything from a promotion posted as bonus.
vasantn likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 12:19 am

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET

My FTD points just posted. Showing as bonus, not base points. Too bad AA won’t let us see what’s counting towards LP
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by United16
My FTD points just posted. Showing as bonus, not base points. Too bad AA won’t let us see what’s counting towards LP
Can't say I'm really surprised. I imagine this might ruin a few people's mornings. Of course, we won't know the real answer until sometime in March.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 25, 2022, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by pmblinn
Home test kits are the new bonsai trees!
The USA is such a strange country.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.