Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles/LPs from FTD purchase in mid-Feb

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Hi All!

In mid-February I used the AA shopping portal to purchase some Valentines Day flowers for my SO that were delivered on Feb 14. The confirmation email confirmed that my AAdvantage number was entered and that I would get “3,3xx” miles. To date, I have not received any miles nor any LPs. I’ve had numerous flights/purchases completed since that have posted. I’ve also purchased flowers from FTD before (using the same method) that all posted within 7-10 days. Does anyone have any recent experience with FTD purchases taking weeks to post? Is there a number I can call?

thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
I'm in the same boat. I'm missing 6k miles from a Vday order and I sent them an email requesting my miles and they responded saying my order didn't have miles attached. I emailed them a copy of their own receipt saying I'd get 6k miles for my order and nothing. Once I get home from the trip I'm on now, I'll see if there's phone numbers I can dig up or if I have to go to the BBB (ugh). I clicked the link directly from AA but I don't think AAdvantage will be of any help.
MarkY123 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 4:06 pm

Same here. A direct link from aa.com and the miles/LP are yet to be seen...
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 4:36 pm

So, I miss spoke upthread. They did in fact post on the purchase date (I missed it on my quick skim of activity but only after my email to them) but as bonus miles and as such, no loyalty points. I've DMed AA on Twitter to get the Advantage customer service email since their website doesn't have a contact form anymore (all selections lead you to the FAQs) and also emailed FTD to see if maybe they can fix it. We'll see and I'll report back.
​​​​
Old Mar 28, 2022, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Also tons of discussion on FTD in the existing thread:

127 bonsai trees for EXP
Old Mar 28, 2022, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Same here.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
If it sounds too good to be true...

Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:08 am

AA's Twitter team took my purchase info and said they passed it along to the Advantage team to see what's up and would get back to me. If anything comes of it, we'll see. 🤞
FlyingLaw likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks everyone! Seems like it’s not just me…. As an additional point, I double checked and no miles have been added to my account for this purchase so it’s not just a case “only LPs” not being accounted for.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:15 pm

Same issue for me. Placed two orders Feb 5th, both were delivered Feb 11th. Supposed to earn 4500 miles for each order, and have received nothing to date. Multiple emails to FTD have gone unanswered.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:47 pm

Same. I ordered from FTD in early February through AA link. Received email confirmation from FTD including miles earned. The miles have not posted yet.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:49 pm

Update: I sent an email to [email protected] and included screenshots of both order confirmations. Surprisingly, within 30 minutes I received a call from FTD on my cell phone. I was unable to answer, however I did receive this email immediately following the call. I will update if anything comes of it.

jamabam likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by JByrne777
Update: I sent an email to [email protected] and included screenshots of both order confirmations. Surprisingly, within 30 minutes I received a call from FTD on my cell phone. I was unable to answer, however I did receive this email immediately following the call. I will update if anything comes of it.

Nice! Where did you find that email address? They better prepare themselves for a flood of messages now
Old Mar 31, 2022, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by jamabam
Nice! Where did you find that email address? They better prepare themselves for a flood of messages now
I surfed through complaints on Twitter, and that’s the email address everyone was advised to contact lol. I did get a response to my followup email requesting the adjustment to be made, and this was their response. So I guess I’ll let you know what happens in… checks notes… 6-8 more weeks 😂
jamabam likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: American Airlines - Executive Platinum / Marriott - Ambassador
I have 3 orders on FTD that all posted as "Bonus Miles" and did not earn Loyalty Points so I reached out to AAdvantage Customer Service and they told me to contact FTD, which I did. The person I spoke with had no clue what was going on and opened a ticket. About a week later I got a call from someone at FTD to get more information on what Loyalty Points were and the difference between Bonus and Base miles. I gave her the details and also referenced her to AA.com for more details, pointing out that FTD was listed as the vendors to earn Loyalty Points. She said she would take care of it. Another week later, I got this Email:

Thank you for reaching out to FTD regarding your mileage posting.

Unfortunately, after investigating the issue, it appears we do not have a way of requesting that your miles be posted as Loyalty or Base Points. We have been advised that you should speak with American Airlines directly concerning how your points were posted for the purchases in question.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for choosing FTD.

If you have any questions about your order, please call 1-800-SEND-FTD (1-800-736-3383)

Sincerely,
LYNN

Call us:
1-800-SEND-FTD (1-800-736-3383)
(Toll-free in the U.S. and Canada)

1-630-719-7756
(Outside the U.S. and Canada)
I then reached out to AA AAdvantage Customer Service again, and finally got this final response from them (after several back and forth messages):

I understand you've conversed with Divya regarding your recent purchases with FTD.

When you make a purchase through FTD, they determine if your purchase will earn base miles or bonus miles. The transactions you recently had were deemed to be eligible only for bonus miles. We are unable to change the way they have posted to your account as FTD authorized only bonus miles. I have reached out to FTD and they are unable to honor your request for base miles. I'm very sorry to disappoint you.

Thank you for being one of our AAdvantage Platinum Pro® members.

Regards,

Linda Short

AAdvantage® Customer Service

American Airlines®
I am not sure what else to do or whom to ask, as they seem to be giving conflicting information and blaming each other. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
fotoflyer88 and jamabam like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.