Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Missing miles/LPs from FTD purchase in mid-Feb

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing miles/LPs from FTD purchase in mid-Feb

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:35 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by imsuchaluckass
I am seriously considering disputing the credit card charges.
Did you receive whatever you purchased from FTD? If you did, "I received my stuff but didn't receive airline loyalty points" may not be the best position to be in when trying to dispute the CC charges.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: American Airlines - Executive Platinum / Marriott - Ambassador
Maybe its time to look into a Class-Action complaint?

After calling again yesterday because I didn't see the points posting in 7 days as the previous agent promised. I had a very 2h unpleasant call with a different agent and their supervisor, where they were just more interested in reading fine prints and painting a pretty picture where AA wasn't responsible for this debacle, and that I would not get the LPs.

I am seriously considering disputing the credit card charges.
Yes, its been wrong information and different information every contact I have had with AA or FTD. I even had to explain to a manager at FTD what Loyalty Points were!!!

I don't think a Credit Card dispute would work for you there, but it would be interesting. Honestly, this seems to be a huge systemic issue, and I think a class action may be more in the realm of possibilities here, even though it would take a LONG time for any resolution...
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pwendell
Yes, its been wrong information and different information every contact I have had with AA or FTD. I even had to explain to a manager at FTD what Loyalty Points were!!!)
3 exclamation points? You are really that surprised that someone at FTD does not know the finer points of AA's loyalty program? They are partners, nothing more.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: American Airlines - Executive Platinum / Marriott - Ambassador
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
3 exclamation points? You are really that surprised that someone at FTD does not know the finer points of AA's loyalty program? They are partners, nothing more.
They are partners, yes... I would expect them to know the terms of their partnership. Knowing what a Loyalty Point is when it is mentioned in their co-advertising on AA.com is not a finer point of the AAdvantage program. This person was also a manager in the department that handles the partnerships. I don't think it's a far cry that the people managing these partnerships know what they are offering.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pwendell
They are partners, yes... I would expect them to know the terms of their partnership. Knowing what a Loyalty Point is when it is mentioned in their co-advertising on AA.com is not a finer point of the AAdvantage program. This person was also a manager in the department that handles the partnerships. I don't think it's a far cry that the people managing these partnerships know what they are offering.
They handle partnerships. This is not the same as customer interactions. You are not being reasonable here. This guy knows that they pay AA some money when you make a purchase. Whether AA gives you base miles or bonus miles is none of his concern.

For the record, all the offers that were over 20 miles per dollar were bonus miles only, so you are not supposed to get any loyalty points.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
They handle partnerships. This is not the same as customer interactions. You are not being reasonable here. This guy knows that they pay AA some money when you make a purchase. Whether AA gives you base miles or bonus miles is none of his concern.

For the record, all the offers that were over 20 miles per dollar were bonus miles only, so you are not supposed to get any loyalty points.
mind sharing the source where you got this info? Because not even the shady AAdvantage rep that tried to read fine prints could find it.
pwendell likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Not much of an update, but... I just spoke with AAdvantage Customer Service regarding a number of missing FTD transactions from Jan/Feb (that FTD claims in writing the miles were sent to AA to post to my account). The AAdvantage agent referenced a new memo dated May 11th that says AA is aware of the FTD issues (both missing transactions and the Loyalty Points issue) and expects to have some resolution shortly.

-FlyerBeek
GNRMatt, pwendell and jamabam like this.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Not much of an update, but... I just spoke with AAdvantage Customer Service regarding a number of missing FTD transactions from Jan/Feb (that FTD claims in writing the miles were sent to AA to post to my account). The AAdvantage agent referenced a new memo dated May 11th that says AA is aware of the FTD issues (both missing transactions and the Loyalty Points issue) and expects to have some resolution shortly.

-FlyerBeek
Thanks for the update!
Old May 13, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I ended up getting my missing miles from February, but they all posted as bonus miles, not LPs. I gave up at that point.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I ended up getting my missing miles from February, but they all posted as bonus miles, not LPs. I gave up at that point.
That's bizarre. My missing miles posted as LPs without any bonus miles.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:46 pm

I got a "final resolution" from AA via one of the customer service e-mail conversations I was having. This is an outright lie, this is so frustrating. But at this point I'm just doing like everyone here and giving up.

We are sorry to inform you that after further review your FTD
transactions that you had purchased were not eligible to earn base miles
- your promotional code - '30FTD'.

The Only promotions that was eligible to earn base miles were - 20FTD,
20GTD, 20PCR and FTD20.

The promotion email you received would have stated whether you were
going to earn base or bonus miles.
Old May 16, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Wow. What an incredibly frustrating response. I cannot recall any fine print distinguishing specific promotion codes and whether they'd be base/bonus earning.

-FlyerBeek
Old May 16, 2022, 2:01 pm

I got a "final resolution" from AA via one of the customer service e-mail conversations I was having. This is an outright lie, this is so frustrating. But at this point I'm just doing like everyone here and giving up.
How does this work if I did my order as a clickthrough from the eShopping portal? I definitely did not enter any code but I think I remember one being pre-populated, which I would guess is passed on from the portal? I remember there was a banner at the top of the page that said something like "earn 20 miles" or "earn 25 miles" or whatever was the default from the clickthrough. I'm looking at my FTD receipt email and it doesn't show any promotional codes there either.

This really is sad and I would never use FTD again, even if they make explicit promises for earning base miles in the future. I've since used sendflowers . com a few times and it tracks like any other merchant on the portal tracks and all my orders have consistent been posting with LPs.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by jamabam
How does this work if I did my order as a clickthrough from the eShopping portal? I definitely did not enter any code but I think I remember one being pre-populated, which I would guess is passed on from the portal? I remember there was a banner at the top of the page that said something like "earn 20 miles" or "earn 25 miles" or whatever was the default from the clickthrough. I'm looking at my FTD receipt email and it doesn't show any promotional codes there either.

This really is sad and I would never use FTD again, even if they make explicit promises for earning base miles in the future. I've since used sendflowers . com a few times and it tracks like any other merchant on the portal tracks and all my orders have consistent been posting with LPs.
I have done the same and stopped using FTD too, but they're not to blame, AA is. There was NO reference to what type of miles this was, I found my promotion under the My Promotions tab, logged into the AA website. Their marketing team fumbled here, and we're paying for it. I used other services too, directly from the AAdvantage eShopping portal, and thats what I'll trust from now on. Its frustrating that AA decided to not pay the Loyalty Points.

I actually had a call with an AAdvantage Customer representative a couple of weeks ago and he literally said "we told you multiple times already you're not getting the points, there is nothing else to do, I am disconnecting the call" and hung up on my face.

Fun way to re-start business with AA. I'll eventually come around to writing them a letter and mailing it to Dallas. It works with other companies.
Old May 16, 2022, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That seems a little rude but if you are repeatedly asking for something that you are not entitled to what else are they supposed to do? The bonus miles offers do not earn LP.
LovePrunes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.