Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LovePrunes
CAUTION: Buyer Beware! DOES NOT WORK TO GET EXP This way
A caution to anyone who may try this suggestion to earn LPs buying FTD bonsai trees and hoping they get credit as a large multiplier of LP's from FTD. The Original Poster (and others) posted back that it posts as bonus miles and not base, so no LPs are earned.

some data points:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34174381-post70.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34048144-post308.html
Here's the thread on FTD:

Missing miles/LPs from FTD purchase in mid-Feb

Print Wikipost

127 bonsai trees for EXP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
I'm really rooting for someone to get EXP via bonsai trees.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
I'm really rooting for someone to get EXP via bonsai trees.
Bonsai trees don't earn LPs.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
At this point I would suggest avoiding FTD like the plague. You're probably ok if you go through the AAShopping Portal but any other means (AA Promotion page, etc) is most likely only going to get you RDMs - if they post at all. If they don't post, getting ahold of someone at FTD who will do anything is practically impossible.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, SQ, UA, DL, WN
Originally Posted by vasantn
Bonsai trees don't earn LPs.
Up to 3 bonsai trees can now earn LP with Simply miles FTD offer of 7 points/dollar with cap of 3,500 miles. Although really a cheap peace offering from the AA Shopping arrangement that doesn't earn LP..
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/david...b0a629c1ab35a7
WOW. To be fair, it seems like it was a Healthy Choice promotion that applied to any airline? But I understand that back then AA awarded million miler points for any mile earned, not just butt-in-seat miles. Is that right? In any event, point well taken. 12,000 pudding cups to 127 bonsai trees, we've come full circle.
That Healthy Choice promotion got some marketing folks at Con Agra in deep trouble. They lost a ton of money on it.

I remember when I worked for AirTran and had a promo of X number of pull-off coupons from Wendy's large sodas would equal a free ticket. There were people in Atlanta dumpster diving Wendy's at night, employees selling sleeves of cups, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.