Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LovePrunes
CAUTION: Buyer Beware! DOES NOT WORK TO GET EXP This way
A caution to anyone who may try this suggestion to earn LPs buying FTD bonsai trees and hoping they get credit as a large multiplier of LP's from FTD. The Original Poster (and others) posted back that it posts as bonus miles and not base, so no LPs are earned.

some data points:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34174381-post70.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34048144-post308.html
Here's the thread on FTD:

Missing miles/LPs from FTD purchase in mid-Feb

Print Wikipost

127 bonsai trees for EXP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nk15
This does not come with the order receipt, unless perhaps he has an integrated AAshopping button?
I don’t have the aa shopping button. I just clicked on ftd from the aa support portal and bought the Item like normal. However there was a box on checkout for aa number and I input it there so that may be the integration.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by davecraze
I don’t have the aa shopping button. I just clicked on ftd from the aa support portal and bought the Item like normal. However there was a box on checkout for aa number and I input it there so that may be the integration.
It maybe specific to FTD then, because I haven't seen it on any other purchase....
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:50 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
FTD.com is not an eShopping partner, there is a link from the eShopping site to FTD.com to earn AA miles, but the page with that link says:
Originally Posted by eShopping site
Mileage terms
Please note these terms & conditions: Please allow 6-8 weeks for posting of AAdvantage miles to your AAdvantage program account by FTD. These purchases will post directly to your AAdvantage account, and will not appear as an eShopping purchase in your eShopping account. For question on miles earned from this offer, please contact FTD at 800-SEND-FTD or [email protected]. Since miles earned at FTD are not rewarded via eShopping, associated purchases will not qualify towards eShopping bonuses.
So any tracking through eShopping is meaningless for FTD.com purchases.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FTD is now 30 miles/dollar, if you go to the FTD site directly or through an AA promotional email link. If you go through the AAShopping portal, even though the portal says 20miles/dollar, there is a promotion and it is actually 25 miles/dollar. But to get the 30 miles/dollar, avoid the shopping portal. with the 30miles promotion it is like buying miles at about 4cpm, plus the product, and hopefully the LPs.

For products I like the tea sampler. I looked it up and it seems to be high quality tea, which sells for about the same price at the manufacturer's website.
FlyerBeek and nineworldseries like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Wait so how many bonsai trees is that now?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Wait so how many bonsai trees is that now?
The EXP to bonsai tree exchange rate is variable and can be tracked in the finance section of your daily news...

Last night it closed at "EXP =105.8 Bonsai trees"
Old Jan 21, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
FTD is now 30 miles/dollar, if you go to the FTD site directly or through an AA promotional email link. If you go through the AAShopping portal, even though the portal says 20miles/dollar, there is a promotion and it is actually 25 miles/dollar. But to get the 30 miles/dollar, avoid the shopping portal. with the 30miles promotion it is like buying miles at about 4cpm, plus the product, and hopefully the LPs.

For products I like the tea sampler. I looked it up and it seems to be high quality tea, which sells for about the same price at the manufacturer's website.
Perhaps a dumb question, but... If I go directly to the FTD site, how do I link my purchase back to my AA account?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Hoi polloi
Perhaps a dumb question, but... If I go directly to the FTD site, how do I link my purchase back to my AA account?
If it's like UA, then there's a box to input your FF#.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:15 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
A Google search turned up this link to FTD.com for 30 miles/dollar, other links offer less.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
The EXP to bonsai tree exchange rate is variable and can be tracked in the finance section of your daily news...

Last night it closed at "EXP =105.8 Bonsai trees"
I'm a bit disappointed, my Motley Fool subscription daily email didn't tell me to buy or wait on the EXP Bonsai current price.
Venezuela-Miami, srikp and nk15 like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by Beckles
A Google search turned up this link to FTD.com for 30 miles/dollar, other links offer less.
When I go to the site with that link and add an item to my cart, it still shows as 25 miles/dollar.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, BA Gold
Taking advantage of the FTD 30 miles/$ promotion, I just ordered 20 "Double Lucky Bamboo" as Lunar New Year gifts to my Asian friends. Hopefully I will be Bonsai Gold on March 1st.
vasantn and Hoi polloi like this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Hoi polloi
When I go to the site with that link and add an item to my cart, it still shows as 25 miles/dollar.
I noticed that - 25miles/$ only.

Also, no bonsai/decent plants offered...wonder why not...
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Beckles
Close and reopen browser (or use a different one), to make sure it does not pull from another offer...
Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I noticed that - 25miles/$ only.

Also, no bonsai/decent plants offered...wonder why not...
They are all available in the link above for 30 miles/dollar...
EDIT: Actually, you are correct, it shows 30x, but multiplies by x25 for each product...weird....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.