Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
Have this menu options for late April LAX-MIA, its an overnight flight and I have a ~3 hours connection at PS so will probably just eat there and skip the plane food but in case anyone tried the Chicken Cacciatore or Tortellini?
I’d go with the tortelloni. If the chicken is similar to intentional J, it was very sub par.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
I’d go with the tortelloni. If the chicken is similar to intentional J, it was very sub par.
Thanks! I'll probably not end up eating since the PS menu looks to be much better but I'll pick that just in case I end up still hungry on the flight and post pictures if I get it.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
That chicken is sub par indeed as is everything from that Sarah Gruenberg person.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Options for SEA-DFW-CMH tomorrow; lunch and dinner legs:
What would make them think that a salad is adequate for dinner ???? On my 5:30 pm flight from DFW-SMF the choices are a salad or a "breakfast sandwich". Have they gone mad???
ceebee100 likes this.

Last edited by JY1024; Apr 23, 2022 at 5:07 pm Reason: Removed large quoted pictures for readability
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:07 pm

Have this menu options for late April LAX-MIA, its an overnight flight and I have a ~3 hours connection at PS so will probably just eat there and skip the plane food but in case anyone tried the Chicken Cacciatore or Tortellini?
3 hours, you could hit Marina or Playa for better food than anything at PS, FL, on the plane...
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
3 hours, you could hit Marina or Playa for better food than anything at PS, FL, on the plane...
Perhaps but figure I want to get the most out of the private suite and getting in/out of LAX is such a pain so don’t want to deal with that.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:12 am

Perhaps but figure I want to get the most out of the private suite and getting in/out of LAX is such a pain so don’t want to deal with that.
Fair points.. Enjoy PS. Never done it but looks nice.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
What would make them think that a salad is adequate for dinner ???? On my 5:30 pm flight from DFW-SMF the choices are a salad or a "breakfast sandwich". Have they gone mad???
I thought that since my flight departed 8:50 PM, that "dinner" may not mean full dinner, but a 5:30 PM is inexcusable.
JIMCHI and pslteamcaptain like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
I thought that since my flight departed 8:50 PM, that "dinner" may not mean full dinner, but a 5:30 PM is inexcusable.
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Mine is a 5 p.m. departure from DFW, a dinner flight, and I think I have the same Greek Salad or Turkey "breakfast" sandwich, with this description:

TURKEY BREAKFAST SANDWICH
Sliced turkey, roasted red pepper, provolone and pesto cream cheeses served on teekeh bread
ceebee100 likes this.

Last edited by JY1024; Apr 23, 2022 at 5:08 pm
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
4/16 SEA-DFW, 1:55 pm

Cacio e pepe. Better than it looked.

4/16 DFW-CMH, 8:50 pm

Choice of salad or salad (pictured). Each salad also came with a rice salad. AA loves salads.

Old Apr 17, 2022, 6:22 am

4/16 DFW-CMH, 8:50 pm

Choice of salad or salad (pictured). Each salad also came with a rice salad. AA loves salads.

That looks like orzo (a type of pasta), not rice. AA loves orzo.
wrp96 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Phl-dfw aa402 4/7/22 2:30pm

Nuts, choice of Chef Salad or Shrimp Salad. Both fine for lunch. Definitely a step up from a box with a wrapped sandwich of dubious quality. PDB and good service during the flight.

apeortdz likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK

Cacio e pepe. Better than it looked.

Looks good, but why does the cache pepe look like bolognese?
CLT and planofoodie1 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Mine is a 5 p.m. departure from DFW, a dinner flight, and I think I have the same Greek Salad or Turkey "breakfast" sandwich, with this description:

TURKEY BREAKFAST SANDWICH
Sliced turkey, roasted red pepper, provolone and pesto cream cheeses served on teekeh bread
Can someone please post a pic and taste review of this infamous turkey “breakfast” sandwich? I would like to see it before my flight on April 29th.
JIMCHI and mika911 like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by dchen2
Pre-order not working for me. For a Flight in F Madison-Phoenix on a A319 departing in 3 days.

Since this flight is only 1396 miles, I'm guessing it'll be an cold sandwich or salad anyways. Back to my regular programming of planning to grab a hot meal at airport or hotel prior to the 11am flight departure.

Getting error saying:

"Menu options

Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later."
Update, the 1396mi 11am flight MSN-PHX F cabin ended up getting catered with only choice of a cheese and fruit plate. When I booked, flight details marked F cabin meal as "lunch." So even if meal pre-ordering was working, it would have been a moot point.

Badly catered at that, the only fruit was red grapes, half the grapes in my tray was rotten and the only cheese was 3 identical foil wrapped wedges soft cheese. Normally fruit/cheese plates have 2-4 varieties of fruits and cheeses. No nuts, salad, or desert catered, FA kindly gave everyone Oreos from snack basket for desert. Catering even left out lemon/lime wedges so no garnishes for the drinks.

Flight attendant serving F was great though, did PDB service, great attitude, lots of proactive drink refills, and came around with a pass of the snack basket, telling folks to help themselves to as many snacks from basket they wanted and she could refill basket as needed.

She apologized to each F guest that there was only a cheese/grapes plate available for the 4 hour flight. She told me she was embarrassed to serve this but that's what was catered for the plane.

Sigh, going for great!

Adding insult to injury, the PHX Escape lounge hours has been reduced to 5pm-8pm daily. Previously it was 8am-8pm daily. Since the Amex lounge is an departure only lounge, there goes my arrival lounge options.

Luckily, the Admirals club had some nice make your own bbq chicken sliders, Enchilada soup, and hummus available so that made for a ok lunch since 1/2 the PHX airport eateries were closed (at 1pm on weekend... staffing issues?) and the lines for the open eateries were massive.
ceebee100 likes this.

Last edited by dchen2; Apr 18, 2022 at 3:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.