Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
AA465 BOS-LAX yesterday evening in J.

PDB of "champagne" (which I presume was the Prosecco listed on the menu) was served in a plastic glass, although subsequent drinks (in my case, water and the Malbec) were served in proper glassware. Warm nuts were also provided before the main dinner service but after take-off.

Small plate + salad (bread was served just after I took this picture):

I forget to take a picture of the main but I had the short rib (there's a picture not much further up on this thread). It was decent although the grits had a slightly odd texture.

Sundae:

The "light refreshment" that was supposed to be offered prior to arrival was either on-request only or I was sleeping when it was brought around (not that I was hungry, in any case).
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ceebee100
IND-MIA this morning. Breakfast was the ham and cheese or fruit plate. I had preordered the ham and cheese foolishly hoping it would be something hot/ warm. Au contraire! The sandwich was almost frozen, it was so hard and cold! The bottom was also soggy.
Most everyone who ordered it left it uneaten!
Needless to say I could smell the hot breakfast cooking for the crew (including FAs) while the pax had to endure another uninspiring FC meal.

I just don’t think it’s right for crew to be getting hot meals while the passengers who pay the salaries are left to choke down cold disgusting sandwiches! But that’s just my opinion.

Ham and cheese

Ham and cheese
Yeah I haven't flown an AA meal route in a long time and the choices are bleak. I'm going with the fruit option.

ceebee100 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
If it says "sandwich" on American, choose the other thing.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Does anyone know if LAS-AUS and DFW-LAS have cold meals ? Or just snack basket only ? Both are listed as 2.5 flight hours. Just want to know so I am prepared to eat something prior if they are snack basket only.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Does anyone know if LAS-AUS and DFW-LAS have cold meals ? Or just snack basket only ? Both are listed as 2.5 flight hours. Just want to know so I am prepared to eat something prior if they are snack basket only.
Both are over 900 miles so meals are served during meal times.
ORDnHKG likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 4:20 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

AA1462: LAX-BOS 8.30am

Flew today in J - FA's (Boston based) were ok at best. I pre-ordered our meal (luckily I did) - American Style Breakfast and Egg Frittata.
Was in the last row of J, and by that time, only the Egg Frittata and oatmeal was left.
I found the eggs to be the best, the bacon was ok. The FA screwed big time one of the meals for the pax on the opposite seat from mine - not sure what happened, but in the end I saw he received some meal box from coach. [Later on, the same FA was sort of accusing this pax of getting the headphones, not sure what happened in the end, as the pax was using his own headphones and I overheard that they were still missing one).
Other main meal options were
- European Style cold options
- Steelcut oats

There was also a cheese platter (listed as dessert) - but this was served about 2 hours before landing - and without the bread. And 30 mins later, they started with the chocolate cookies - I was asleep during this, and no offer from the FA. What was also strange was the 2nd FA, did not bother to hand out the small dishes, just presented the tray for customers to pick it up from the tray.

American Style breakfast

Starter - fruit plate
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I understand that logistically airports without catering need a shelf-stable meal, but serve people in a civilized way on a tray. Not in a box. These are people that pay a lot to fly in this cabin. And if it's geared toward lowest-common-denominator upgrade pax, then that's just cannibalizing the product's value and perception even further. So grateful food is back, but it needs work!
Repeat after me: "There is no such thing as an airport without catering."

There is no such thing as an airport without catering.
ceebee100 and ryanbriar like this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Two short hops to start the week:

BOS-PHL Monday evening: PDB and then drinks / snacks in the air.

PHL-BOS Tuesday evening: PDB, but announced no drink service due to anticipated turbulence. This was legitimate turbulence so it was the right call (versus sometimes saying we’ll encounter it, but never do).

The kicker was just after we landed. The FA apologized again for no drink service, then proceeded to do the red aviator pitch!
Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:23 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by PTahCha
No one is forcing you to eat the sandwich, so no one should be choking. Passengers do not pay the employee's salaries - the company does.
Where do you think the company gets the money to pay the employees?
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Herb687
Repeat after me: "There is no such thing as an airport without catering."

There is no such thing as an airport without catering.
huh? Tons of airports don’t have catering facilities and meals are downline catered.
BERGBRLY and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
huh? Tons of airports don’t have catering facilities and meals are downline catered.
Yeah, the issue isn't quite that there isn't any catering, it's that there are stations that aren't serviced by LSG or Gate Gourmet... Or stations where they don't meet their thresholds. AA has to deal with one-off catering at many international and remote stations, and that's a cost supported by those markets, but that's certainly not sustainable in most (any?) small markets in the continuous 48 states, and would quickly spiral out of control.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
Yeah, the issue isn't quite that there isn't any catering, it's that there are stations that aren't serviced by LSG or Gate Gourmet... Or stations where they don't meet their thresholds. AA has to deal with one-off catering at many international and remote stations, and that's a cost supported by those markets, but that's certainly not sustainable in most (any?) small markets in the continuous 48 states, and would quickly spiral out of control.
I would differ on this. I fly out of a small airport that not only does NOT have catering, it barely has a maintenance crew (one is on call for all airlines but there is no dedicated staff and not necessarily anyone on duty at flights times).
Our checkin agents are the gate agents and often help with baggage unload.
All this for a city over 100,000 and not just an AA staffing issue.

So, yes, there are definitely locations with no catering of any sort
BERGBRLY likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by aj411
I would differ on this. I fly out of a small airport that not only does NOT have catering, it barely has a maintenance crew (one is on call for all airlines but there is no dedicated staff and not necessarily anyone on duty at flights times).
Our checkin agents are the gate agents and often help with baggage unload.
All this for a city over 100,000 and not just an AA staffing issue.

So, yes, there are definitely locations with no catering of any sort
For a while several years ago, Delta was running double catered flights to SJU (not exactly a minor city). So yeah this holds true.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
meals are served during meal times.
Reminds me of what an old airline CEO used to say 20 years ago.....
AAway likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: AA PPro
Here is the menu for MIA-SEA next month. Kind of surprised there are only two options given the talk about how premium the return to service was going to be in May for 2,200+ mile flights. They are really going to print out paper menus to serve two choices?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.