Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Originally Posted by Stripe
Love the "breakfast for lunch" thing. Pretty weird. Has anyone had the Greek salad?
I have this same options for a 5pm MCO-ORD dinner flight. After 2 years of AA pandemic "sandwiches" I'm thinking the salad is the safer choice.
onanisland and wrp96 like this.
Old May 1, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Note to AA: this is what a cold breakfast is supposed to look like (Delta).

Old May 1, 2022, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by lonelygod

JFK - SFO, delayed till 9:20 pm departure. A pretty good meal in J.
The chopped pecans is a downgrade IMO since it doesn't seem to add much to the flavor. I much prefer the whole ones which I still occasionally received on a few flights in the past several months. It wasn't until I started seeing it more like the one above until I actually checked the menu and noticed that they were in fact described like that. Looks like I need to ask beforehand what kind they have.

Bigger issue is the last couple sundaes I've received have been delivered with ice cream halfway melted.
Old May 1, 2022, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by econ
The chopped pecans is a downgrade IMO since it doesn't seem to add much to the flavor. I much prefer the whole ones which I still occasionally received on a few flights in the past several months. It wasn't until I started seeing it more like the one above until I actually checked the menu and noticed that they were in fact described like that. Looks like I need to ask beforehand what kind they have.

Bigger issue is the last couple sundaes I've received have been delivered with ice cream halfway melted.
I'm the opposite, I prefer the chopped pecans because you can get some in every bite!
Old May 1, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: Flying Colonels, Go-Getters, WorldPass, Amerikat Expositors, Ephemeralizers
Love the "breakfast for lunch" thing. Pretty weird. Has anyone had the Greek salad?
i finally decided to investigate the food construct we have come to know as "teekeh bread"

it turns out it's not entirely made-up

the google result set is only 2 pages

it was "invented" by an immigrant that started a bakery in toronto

evidently, it became the sandwich roll of choice for BA in the 80s

on the "find us" page the airlines that serve "teekeh bread" are listed on the bakery website as follows:

https://www.manoucher.com/find-us/

BRITISH AIRWAYSLUFTHANSA

ETIHAD

AIR TRANSAT

WESTJET

QATAR AIRWAYS

CLS CATERING

EN ROUTE – US

NEWREST – Toronto/Montreal

MICHAEL LEWIS COMPANY

NATIONWIDE EXCLUSIVE
onanisland likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:30 am

Programs: AA, Southwest, Hilton, Hyatt
You must be joking. How would that go exactly? “May I see how finely chopped your nuts are before I request them for my sundae?” 🙄
Also, 99.9% of people who actually get inflight ice cream on a regular basis prefer it somewhat melted since the alternative is an inedible rock.
corky likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by F&B767
You must be joking. How would that go exactly?
Pretty simple: "What kind of pecans are they?"

Also, 99.9% of people who actually get inflight ice cream on a regular basis prefer it somewhat melted since the alternative is an inedible rock.
Yes, there are precisely two outcomes on sundae preparation: Inedible rock (which begins to melt after being served anyways), or halfway melted (which ended up being a mess). Impossible to have anything in between.
BlooJoo likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: AA PPro
Oh an ice cream sundae fight! All must be returning to normal in the skies.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
You must be joking. How would that go exactly? “May I see how finely chopped your nuts are before I request them for my sundae?” 🙄
Old May 2, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
The sandwich was...not good. I saw one of the salads and it didn't look great either. The thing on the top left I *think* was some attempt at a potato salad, needless to say it was not edible.
If possible I'd eat before the flight or bring something with you.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Pretty simple: "What kind of pecans are they?"

Yes, there are precisely two outcomes on sundae preparation: Inedible rock (which begins to melt after being served anyways), or halfway melted (which ended up being a mess). Impossible to have anything in between.
Little on the hard side is always better than a sloppy melty mess. I'd rather let it get soft a little while having some of the hot fudge and butterscotch sauce. The worst is when it all melts over the side.
econ likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
My last sundae was just vanilla ice cream with the chopped pecans + shot of espresso (transcon F), and I made my own AAffogato.

I must say it was very delicious
ValleyEarl likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
What do you think has more fat grams/cals -- the cheese plate or sundae for dessert? I'm guess the former but anyone else feel free to chime.
Old May 2, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
What do you think has more fat grams/cals -- the cheese plate or sundae for dessert? I'm guess the former but anyone else feel free to chime.
I think it may depend on what you put on the sundae b/c if you load up both butterscotch & hot fudge as well as whipped cream and some cherries I feel that will be more than their simple cheese plate.
Old May 2, 2022, 3:29 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
It's not just breakfast for lunch...same option for an upcoming DFW-CLE dinner segment. This sandwich setup is exactly what they have been serving, including the vile potato salad. Pre-order is a good perk for flying AA, particularly when it lets you know that you need to bring your own food on board. I'll be declining!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.