Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 9:02 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Nice, thats a great plane for that route.. Was it one of the retrofitted ones? I believe the 789's are the only last ones not fully done.
Unfortunately not - still the old seats, but still awesome for domestic.
happiest_at_40000 likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dpb132
Agree 100%. Has AA ever addressed this? I only recall the long lost and not too lamented FEBO.
Which occasionally still happens. To play it safe, I typically find a seat in the middle of the cabin.

The only time an FA has done orders by status was once on Tcon F.

Even DL occasionally takes orders for diamonds ahead of others.

At least on most OW airlines, Emerald is prioritized.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by hp12c
I flew United domestic F on a 787-9 the other week. FAs there went around getting all the GS and 1K meal orders before anyone else - it was awesome to see what could be but also depressing to know that it never will happen at AA.
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I was on United once LAX-IAH and recall the Global 1K or whatever it is getting very upset that he wasnt asked first but he boarded last and FA had been proactive and taken orders as customers were having PBD's. He was rude to her about it. But he came on so late. My point is just how does it work if FA wants to get orders in but the super elite traveler hasnt boarded yet or maybe is a last minute upgrade.
Haven't had an issue with UA getting my 1st choice even if boarding late or sitting in the last row. Sometimes they bounce around the cabin asking GS/1Ks their meal choice, other times they ask everyone for their 1st and 2nd choices and prioritize in the galley.

That said, if a significant proportion of the cabin is GS/1K (probably not unusual on LAX-IAH) and there happens to be a really popular meal option for some reason, then I could see how some GS/1K wouldn't get their 1st choice.

I think they took orders after take-off, so late boarders wasn’t an issue. The route was IAH-ORD. The plane was delightful for that route!
Most of the time I've noticed meal orders taken in the air. Sometimes after boarding has been completed, but while still sitting on the ground or during taxi.

Occasionally, I've been asked while the boarding process is still ongoing, but I've noticed when this occurs it's usually on a widebody. I'm assuming the reason may be because there's less congestion in the cabin which allows the FAs to get this process out of the way earlier.
Duke777 likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I think they took orders after take-off, so late boarders wasn’t an issue. The route was IAH-ORD. The plane was delightful for that route!
Usually after takeoff or they still make sure they get everyone on the ground. It's also a good way for the FA to address you by name since they know status / info about you. Crazy AA doesn't feel the need to prioritize CKs and EXPs in F.
ceebee100 and keyw like this.
Old May 9, 2022, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by dpb132
Agree 100%. Has AA ever addressed this? I only recall the long lost and not too lamented FEBO.
But in AA's defense on international 3 cabin F they do NRFEEL (non rev first, everyone else last)
Old May 9, 2022, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
I flew United domestic F on a 787-9 the other week. FAs there went around getting all the GS and 1K meal orders before anyone else - it was awesome to see what could be but also depressing to know that it never will happen at AA.
Not all the time they do that, most of the time is actually they roll the cart from row 1, this was actually a PMUA thing, and if you have a PMCO crew, they certainly don't.

Even it will never happen with AA is ok, since AA has a preordering system, and AA has way better meal that UA currently for domestic F. That UA ragu with polenta thing has been serving for ALL UA domestic F flights long or short except ps since a year ago !!!
Old May 9, 2022, 10:10 pm

Definitely improving compared to pre-covid

Recently flew MIA-SEA and was impressed. It’s at pre-covid level or better IMO. The salad was the biggest and healthiest I’ve seen outside of longhaul or salad-as-an-entree flights. Warmed breads served from the basket.

Also a choice of cheese plate or made to order sundaes with choice of toppings. Finally back to domestic non-premium flights 🔥

Here’s a picture of the main and salad. It was a chicken entree with a baked potato that tasted much better than it looks.
Old May 10, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Returned from Boston yesterday on AA 1423. The flight left on time and arrived early at LAX. The cabin crew in first class was great. The purser was friendly and attentive throughout the entire flight. Dinner service commenced about 45 minutes after take-off. It began with the usual warm nuts and marinated olives. For my small plate, I selected the beet poke and it was surprisingly good. The butternut squash soup was quite hot and very tasty. I had preselected the beef filet for my main course and it was just OK. In hindsight, I should have gone with the chicken dish. I actually saved room for dessert and opted for the caramel apple butter cake. It was yummy and, once again, I had to restrain myself from licking the plate. Another great BOS/LAX flight with a wonderful cabin crew.

Old May 10, 2022, 9:33 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
16 APR 2022 - AA 1597 (LGA - DFW)

Ham and Cheddar breakfast sandwich with arugula and pesto mayo.

Not terrible.

16 APR 2022 - AA 119 (DFW-OGG)

Romaine lettuce salad and sundried tomato tartare

Steamed sea bass

Flagship sundae
Old May 10, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
I have done around 4 of these round trips this year and I struggle to find anything to complain about, other than a few flavorless pieces of fruit on the cheese board.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Pre-ordering system doesn't seem fully operational yet. Choice of Turkey Sandwich 🤢 or Greek salad. As a masochist, I chose the sandwich. Of course it came with potato salad 🤮. Does Tyler the Creator put this menu together? Only person more obsessed with potato salad than AA. The sandwich part was actually edible.

CMH-DFW, 2:00 pm departure, AA 1443

Then over the last two weeks it went to Cacio e Pepe (yay!) To Spinach and Oaxacan cheese Quiche (yay?), but was served the turkey sandwich instead, my original punishment. No pre-order option on my upcoming DFW-ANC, but if they don't feed me better on that 4:44 departure, I shall return to complain more roundly.

Sorry, forgot the important part: yes there was a PDB (water or OJ only).

Last edited by nineworldseries; May 10, 2022 at 5:29 pm
Old May 10, 2022, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by AADrewBoo
Am I seeing this correctly?! A hot meal option on a sub 1,500 mile flight? 😯
This is what showed for me this morning DFW-CMH (950 miles or so?), but I was greeted with the turkey sandwich and white potato slop instead.
ceebee100 and keyw like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by 747kona
Recently flew MIA-SEA and was impressed. It’s at pre-covid level or better IMO....
Have they by chance brought bedding back on this route? Thanks for posting the meal, good news on the sundae returning.
Old May 10, 2022, 5:27 pm

4:44 pm departure DFW-ANC, AA 399

Crew gathered in front of my seat in 1C. "They're not going to be happy back there with chips or peanuts." "Yikes. I wish they did these flights like Hawaii and fed everyone." You and me both, sister!

"Beef" or "Pasta" were the options. Come on, a tad more description than that would have been helpful? Pasta was "like lasagna" and beef "had polenta." So the F menu apparently cannot extend beyond a three-word description per dish.

Here is the beef with polenta. Since the pasta was apparently not the Cacio e Pepe, I passed. It looked like eggplant parmesan, so I'm glad I did. Treated like a common serf with no PDB this time. Also, this is the first time ever I've seen an FA in F use the carts for both drink and dinner services. Just random observation.

Old May 10, 2022, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Duke777
Food is getting better but two complaints:

2. Drives me nuts choices aren’t prioritized by status. EXP on paid F and I don’t get my choice because I’m in row 4? That’s crazy. Love that on UA I always get my choice as a 1K
I'm with you there. My favorite seat by far is 1C, and each time I've been in F on AA this year, they've gone back to front with the food orders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.