Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
LAX-DFW 5/11/22 Seat 2D 8am departure

Choice of fruit plate and smoked salmon platter. I chose the latter. The salmon and fruit that came with it was very solid, yet the bagel was absolutely disgusting. Hard as a rock and clearly stale. My girlfriend chose the fruit plate, which she said was good.

Not bad for a sub 1500mile breakfast.

Old May 12, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
BOS - DFW, 5/10/2022, late afternoon flight, Seat 5C
(sorry no pics)
No PDB
No warm nuts, tho' rammekins were being laid out as we boarded. I figured there was a catering issue.
Pre meal drink service, glass, 2XGlenlivet
Meal choices: Vegetable Pasta or Chicken, I had Pasta. Cheese Ravioli in a brown sauce accompanied by fresh greens with italian dressing and a small caprese salad, choice of bread basket, and a glass of white wine.
Dessert later: choice of ice cream in a small paper container or a fruit and cheese selection. Had the fruit and cheese and was nice.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Seeking pix of:
  • Grilled Salmon - Grilled Salmon, seafood and chipotle sauce, jasmine and wild rice blend, julienne carrots and zucchini
  • Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Eggplant Piccatta - Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Eggplant Piccatta, roasted tomato sauce, parmesan
Thanks.
Here they are. I had the salmon, and it was straight up excellent. Catering out of MEX is always so great, on all airlines, and this was no exception. I could have used more julienned peppers though, it was a small portion!

I also asked to see eggplant piccata. For those that are confused (like I was) it's basically "stuffed shells" but the "shells" are made of eggplant.

chrisny2, wrp96, metallo and 3 others like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Here they are. I had the salmon, and it was straight up excellent. Catering out of MEX is always so great, on all airlines, and this was no exception. I could have used more julienned peppers though, it was a small portion!

I also asked to see eggplant piccata. For those that are confused (like I was) it's basically "stuffed shells" but the "shells" are made of eggplant.

That fish looks very good.. But not the eggplant dish lol
Old May 13, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by rrohio
Doing ORD-ANC 6:15 pm departure next week anyone know if first will have a meal on it? It jdoesnt say for sure in flight details
Definitely yes. For some reason, my DFW-ANC a couple days ago didn't have a pre order option, but we still got a full meal. Nuts, hot meal, sundaes even.
Old May 13, 2022, 12:41 pm
Suspended

For my flight coming up Sunday, I chose a diabetic meal. Not because I'm a diabetic, but I recall people saying they used to be quite good. Anyone know if that's still the case post-COVID?
Old May 13, 2022, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
That fish looks very good.. But not the eggplant dish lol
It actually looked OK. She showed about an hour after meal service, so I think it just had too much time in oven. But yeah, the fish looked (and was) excellent!
Old May 13, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
It actually looked OK. She showed about an hour after meal service, so I think it just had too much time in oven. But yeah, the fish looked (and was) excellent!
The eggplant dish looks a lot like a version of many low carb lasagna recipes that use eggplant or zucchini instead of noodles. I'd give that a go.
Old May 13, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
For my flight coming up Sunday, I chose a diabetic meal. Not because I'm a diabetic, but I recall people saying they used to be quite good. Anyone know if that's still the case post-COVID?
Never even thought about doing a diabetic meal but I had a fairly decent Asian Veg meal 3 weeks ago on JFK-LAX.

I have to say the thing I didnt like is that they totally skipped me for salad, soup & appetizer. I had to request them and explain I still wanted them. The app i wanted wasnt available. I was able to get the salad & soup but it came AFTER my entre b/c it was after my entre was put down that I realized something was up.
Old May 13, 2022, 4:26 pm

i understand there is no F meals wiki as things are changing so often.....

-do we have any idea what flights sundaes are showing up on? They seem to be more than the flagship transcons? Ie are they on PHL or DCA or CLT dinner transcons?
-Longer EMB175 dinner flights? 4.5 hours at diner time. Still just a box or has that changed to a cold plated meal?

Thanks!
Old May 13, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Currently on an A321T heading from JFK to SFO:

Old May 13, 2022, 7:28 pm
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Here are the current choices for F meals:

May 30 MCO-PHX
A321
Departure 0845
Somehow that translates into Lunch?

June 11 PHX-MCO
A321
Departure 0830
Old May 13, 2022, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
5/10/2022
LAS-AUS Breakfast: Fruit plate or bacon, egg, cheese on a pretzel croissant
Old May 13, 2022, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Never even thought about doing a diabetic meal but I had a fairly decent Asian Veg meal 3 weeks ago on JFK-LAX.

I have to say the thing I didnt like is that they totally skipped me for salad, soup & appetizer. I had to request them and explain I still wanted them. The app i wanted wasnt available. I was able to get the salad & soup but it came AFTER my entre b/c it was after my entre was put down that I realized something was up.
Prior to COVID, IIRC, the diabetic meal was a protein-heavy tray, sometimes with steak, even on routes where regular meals were just salads. Curious to see what it is now. I don't need the meal for a 4 hour flight, so if it sucks, at least I did the research! Route is LGA-DFW, and regular choices are Cajun Chicken Salad or Fruit & Cheese Plate.
Old May 13, 2022, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
5/10/2022
AUS-ORD on E75
Quite surprised about this Envoy FA would do PDB, then drinks, then 2 rounds of snack basket, then put out the food from the box onto a tray, the other option is a protein box but since I am at 4A I don't have a choice, and not able to pre order.
I am skeptical about box food, but it is actually quite tasty and totally suitable for this 2 hours and 20 min flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.