Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by TWA884
I had three issues with it. I wasn't told about it having bacon; while I eat pork products, the rest of my family does not. It was dry, it could have used more dressing. It was served chilled; I do not care for bread that is served colder than room temperature.
By looking at the pic I just assumed it was heated. Chilled? No thanks. Of course the cap'n and FO get heated meals. Forget the flying masses!
ceebee100 and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by corky
I am not seeing any breakfast pic from you guys
My choices are a florentine omelet or smoked salmon "platter". The smoked salmon says it is served with eggs...does this mean the salmon is scrambled in with eggs or is it a cold dish with hard boiled eggs? The omelet is swiss & spinach. Neither sounds decent and I will surely make the wrong choice and regret it.
Any input?
LAX-DCA
This was the smoked salmon platter on AUS-TPA. Not sure if it would be more elaborate for LAX-DCA but I thought it was very good. Bagel was soft and fresh and the salmon was decent quality. The amount of salmon was out of proportion to the rest of the items. An additional bagel and cream cheese packet would have balanced it. But I will never complain about too much smoked salmon.

corky, ValleyEarl and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 12:22 am

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
Any recent LIH-PHX reports? Fly it tomorrow night with a 2250 departure.
Cheeseplate and snacks was the only thing offered. FA said they usually have soup but it didn’t get loaded. They were out of some different liquors as well.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 3:12 am

What do people think?
Will American ever return to pre Covid domestic premium domestic dining?
It really sad to see the current offerings!
Old Jun 4, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by 96SS
What is this? Next to the salad, it looks like a can of dog food put onto the plate.
Sorry forgot to add descriptions to DFW-HNL meal pics. Garden salad with a sun dried tomato on farro. Entree was short rib, ginger polenta, kale, and Hoisin sauce. ice cream sundaes or cheese plate for dessert. And pre arrival wrap sandwich or cheese and fruit.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:16 pm

Re the special meals ie Hindu and Asian Vegtarian, would they be the same style of food whether it was breakfast or lunch? Is there not a difference between the special meals when it comes to time of day?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
Originally Posted by wrp96
Instead of getting catering at LIH they bring catering from origin, which means the items on the return flight from LIH are frequently shelf stable. I don't know if they still do this at LIH, but they did pre-COVID.
Yup. LIH-LAX last December, there were maybe 4-5 of the usual pandemic turkey sandwiches. FA “compensated” for it with an extra helping of the inedible potato salad and “take all you want” snack basket. CR compensated with 10K miles for both of us after I emailed them.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
DFW-FLL last weekend had cold meal for passengers (pretty sure I had a salad option), while the other option was a cheese plate. Heated meals brought to flight deck.

MIA-CMH Tuesday night included 2 choices of cold meals and a very attentive E175 flight attendant, Noah. Exceptional service throughout the flight that was very much appreciated.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:41 pm

I thought the Greek salad (veg) option DFW-DCA was quite skimpy. The portion was really small for lunch. I guess AA selected their new dishes like that on purpose.
They should at least offer, like they have in the past, a side of shrimp or grilled chicken to go along with it.
The non-veg choice was a turkey sandwich that looked like more bread than anything else.
The potato salad was undercooked.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by lunchtime
No meals in coach.

Biscoff cookies and pretzels will be complimentary snacks in coach plus a non alcohol beverage. Some snacks are available for sale, but they can get better food cheaper in the terminal.
Biscoff are yummy! When my husband found out I could buy them at the grocery store, he got all kinds of happy. However, I agree that Biscoff and coffee do not a meal make.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
If I see this Roasted Turkey Sandwich or Greek Salad option again I'm going to freak out. It seems to be the only meal option I've had flying into ORD recently.

Can anyone recommend a still hearty special meal to order instead?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:18 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mika911
Re the special meals ie Hindu and Asian Vegtarian, would they be the same style of food whether it was breakfast or lunch? Is there not a difference between the special meals when it comes to time of day?
also wondering about the Asian Veg meal these days. Pre-Covid it was the cheat code to guarantee a really good meal. Anyone have any recent experience with it? Can I still expect a chana masala or aloo gobi?
mika911 and ceebee100 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by hp12c
also wondering about the Asian Veg meal these days. Pre-Covid it was the cheat code to guarantee a really good meal. Anyone have any recent experience with it? Can I still expect a chana masala or aloo gobi?
Have the Asian veg coming Thursday night LAX-MIA FF so will report back. I would take either of what you said or even some paneer masala or tarka dal would be awesome. Hope its Indian & spicy.

I had Asian Veg JFK-LAX 2 months ago it was solid. FA showed it to me before heating and asked if I really want this she thought it looked so bad/boring but i said yessss heat it up and bring it...have you tasted your normal food. She laughed & agreed. I believe 2 months ago it was saffron rice w/ cauliflower and i believe some Korma was the curry.
mika911, wrp96, ValleyEarl and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:25 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Have the Asian veg coming Thursday night LAX-MIA FF so will report back. I would take either of what you said or even some paneer masala or tarka dal would be awesome. Hope its Indian & spicy.

I had Asian Veg JFK-LAX 2 months ago it was solid. FA showed it to me before heating and asked if I really want this she thought it looked so bad/boring but i said yessss heat it up and bring it...have you tasted your normal food. She laughed & agreed. I believe 2 months ago it was saffron rice w/ cauliflower and i believe some Korma was the curry.
Awesome. Your experience from 2 months ago has convinced me to get back on the Asian Veg train. Interested to hear about your meal later this week.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by jvel
If I see this Roasted Turkey Sandwich or Greek Salad option again I'm going to freak out. It seems to be the only meal option I've had flying into ORD recently.

Can anyone recommend a still hearty special meal to order instead?
I thought it was just ORD as well but had these same options flying DFW-BWI as well.

The Asian Veg meal is a bit bland for me (I like very spicy food) but usually fits the description of hearty well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.