Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Did the flight today from CLT-AUS and got my special Hindu meal. It was nice and hot too! You could smell it warming up throughout the cabin and the FA brought it out to me first (as she should) so everyone was looking at me probably wondering why I got a nice hot meal and they only had a choice between cold salad or cheese plate.
Thats what I’m doing from now on. I’m over this cold salad or turkey sandwich nonsense! Anytime I see those choices, I’m ordering a special meal.

Why couldn't you have posted this a few hours earlier? I was dithering between the "Cajun chicken salad" and an Asian veg special meal for a flight tomorrow evening. This looks quite good. Sadly I chose wrong and now it's too late to switch. Nice to see they retained the Baklava thing they had with these meals pre-Covid.
ceebee100 and cmd320 like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
My limited understanding is that Kosher food cannot be prepared in an oven which is used for non-Kosher food. I therefore always assumed the Kosher meals would be cold options only. Is this not the case?
The entree was heated on the plane but it was sealed during the process so I assume it didn't really count as being "prepared" in a non-Kosher oven.
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 4:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by wrp96
How will you be getting access to the FL? DFW-ANC on its own doesn’t get access.
My Concierge Key status provides me access.
ceebee100 and wrp96 like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Stripe
The entree was heated on the plane but it was sealed during the process so I assume it didn't really count as being "prepared" in a non-Kosher oven.
Kosher meals are usually heated in the regular oven within the sealed plastic bags they come in. The FA is supposed to bring it to your seat and let you break the seal yourself.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Did the flight today from CLT-AUS and got my special Hindu meal. It was nice and hot too! You could smell it warming up throughout the cabin and the FA brought it out to me first (as she should) so everyone was looking at me probably wondering why I got a nice hot meal and they only had a choice between cold salad or cheese plate.
Thats what I’m doing from now on. I’m over this cold salad or turkey sandwich nonsense! Anytime I see those choices, I’m ordering a special meal.

Awesome!
SFO777, ceebee100 and cmd320 like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 9:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
My limited understanding is that Kosher food cannot be prepared in an oven which is used for non-Kosher food. I therefore always assumed the Kosher meals would be cold options only. Is this not the case?
Sort of, but that's why the meal is heated sealed and served sealed. The food never touched any of the cooking equipment onboard.
njvandy and wrp96 like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum, American Gold
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Awesome!
What length of a flight is required to be able to order special meals nowadays?
Old May 30, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by wrp96
AA’s IT at it again. You will get meal service in FC.
I reached out to the Twitter team about this issue, who replied they notified the responsible team. A few days later, 11 days before the flight, the issue was fixed. Kudos to the Twitter team!
wrp96 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:03 am
Suspended

For an upcoming DFW-MEX, it looks like special meals have been removed from the options. DFW catering seems messed up, and I guess this is their "solution."
Old May 30, 2022, 8:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by michaelaeaston
What length of a flight is required to be able to order special meals nowadays?
Pre-"pandemic", any flight with a meal (not "Refreshments") offered special meals I think. When they came back a few weeks ago, it seemed the same. Now it seems AA can't get their act together, so it seems they're removing the option on some flights (see my post right above this one.)
Old May 30, 2022, 10:26 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
EWR-PHX Shortrib and Mac & Cheese with a bread basket AND ice cream today!

Girlfriend: I am soooo glad the turkey sandwich is gone!

Last edited by 355F1; May 30, 2022 at 2:13 pm
Old May 30, 2022, 10:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 355F1
EWR-PHX Shortrib and Mac & Cheese with a bread basket AND ice cream today!

Girlfriend: I am soooo glad the turkey sandwich is gone!

That looks hella good
355F1 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
LAX-DFW afternoon departure

PDB of choice
Warm nuts after takeoff
Choice of shrimp or cobb salad.

Old May 30, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question Kosher meal from PHX?

Does anyone know what the current kosher lunch/dinner meal and the diabetic meals are from PHX flights?
Old May 30, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Schwann
LAX-DFW afternoon departure

PDB of choice
Warm nuts after takeoff
Choice of shrimp or cobb salad.

That looks the size of a snack to me. I had something similar DFW-SMF for dinner and it was not dinner size.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.