Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by PTahCha
JFK-SFO
A321 Flagship First
Dinner flight

Choice of 1 starter, and either soup or salad, not both.

Wine list:

The cocktail snacks, with the Gruner Veltliner:

Here's the tuna appetizer, with the salad. Noted that the special dressing was not offered. There was a bread service of sourdough, wheat, or pretzel rolls.

Sea bass entree - there was no soy glaze on the dish, which made the fish really dry.

The purser only offered the sundae, as she "sold out" of the cheese plate, and I did not recall seeing any cake coming out of the galley.

The purser then set up self-service wine station, and stated that she ran out of wine when the bottles were emptied, 2 hours prior to the flight. There was no pre-landing drink service - only cookies. This was mentioned in the separate thread on how Transcon F service has been going down.

Sounds like a lazy FA.

And since when did we have to choose between salad or soup on F?

Pretty bad.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Excellent detailed report, PTahCha.

Would be interesting to hear AA Customer Relations response if you emailed them about having to choose between soup or salad.

I've had a couple of long-time AA Flight Attendants tell me the unique premium desserts (like this ginger toffee cake) go straight to the cockpit.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
AA #592 BOS-PHX 6/27/22. Warm nuts, hot towels, snack basket, & dessert was choice of cheese/cracker plate, lemon tart, or made to order sundae. As far as the lunch goes, the shrimp appetizer was the best part, which I actually cut up & put on the 'salad' (which was literally nothing more than a plate of mixed greens & that red pepper). The chicken in this piccata was very tender but the dish itself very bland. There was also a bread basket passed, though unsalted butter on the tray for it.

ryanbriar likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Sounds like a lazy FA.

And since when did we have to choose between salad or soup on F?

Pretty bad.
Yeah what the heck? It's always been salad and app, then soup, then main. Absolutely ridiculous.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman

Would be interesting to hear AA Customer Relations response if you emailed them about having to choose between soup or salad.

I've had a couple of long-time AA Flight Attendants tell me the unique premium desserts (like this ginger toffee cake) go straight to the cockpit.
I want that toffee ginger cake, one of my fav desserts. I keep either missing it and my menu has the butter cake or 3 x they told they ran out (i guess I know now where they went). The butter cake was nothing special but I think the ginger toffee looks really good.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by jcatman

"We're so sorry, here's 5,000 miles" was the response.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by marnold3
Flew back from ORD to LAX this afternoon on AA 1375. The flight operated about half an hour late on both departure and arrival. For lunch I had preselected the beef dish with mashed potatoes. The beef was a tad on the dry side, but it was flavored well and served with enough gravy to compensate for the dryness. I was pretty full after eating the beef and potatoes, so I passed on dessert. All things considered; it was another pleasant flight on AA.

This looks really quite good. Not pretty/fancy, but simple good food. I applaud this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:48 am
Suspended

"We're so sorry, here's 5,000 miles" was the response.
Hey, that's the number of miles to upgrade full J to F on transcon, IIRC, so they "gave you back" the difference! ...
PTahCha likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Hey, that's the number of miles to upgrade full J to F on transcon, IIRC, so they "gave you back" the difference! ...
I thought it was 15K miles to upgrade J to F on Transcon, plus the $175.. Did it change?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:08 pm
Suspended

I thought it was 15K miles to upgrade J to F on Transcon, plus the $175.. Did it change?
IIRC, that's for discounted J, where are full J is 5,000 miles and no copay. It could have changed.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Is there an option to purchase meals in the LAX - OGG flight? We are flying Dallas - LAX - OGG tomorrow and our outbound flight from Dallas is at 7 AM with a 35 min connection at LAX. I do not think I will have time to go grab a sandwich for the 5.5 hours flight to Maui.

Will there be any food for purchase on the flight? I am worried there will not be any options to purchase in DFW at 6 AM either other than the 7-Eleven. TIA
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by srikp
Is there an option to purchase meals in the LAX - OGG flight? We are flying Dallas - LAX - OGG tomorrow and our outbound flight from Dallas is at 7 AM with a 35 min connection at LAX. I do not think I will have time to go grab a sandwich for the 5.5 hours flight to Maui.

Will there be any food for purchase on the flight? I am worried there will not be any options to purchase in DFW at 6 AM either other than the 7-Eleven. TIA
If I recall correctly, there isn't anything substantial available for buy on board in economy. Best bet would be to bring something from home for both flights.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
IIRC, that's for discounted J, where are full J is 5,000 miles and no copay. It could have changed.
5,000 miles is from full Y to J. J to F is either 15K+$175 or 15K (if full J)

These are the only BOB options offered right now:

So yes, you'll need to buy food somewhere, or bring your own.

Last edited by PTahCha; Jun 29, 2022 at 12:08 pm
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold

I would for sure bring something from home. The 7 AM DFW-LAX flight is scheduled to arrive at 8:11AM, the 8:50AM flight to OGG should start boarding just after you are scheduled to arrive and while you're gates should be close by you will not have time to stop, unless your flight to LAX is anything but perfect in which case you'll have ample time.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
5,000 miles is from full Y to J. J to F is either 15K+$175 or 15K (if full J)

These are the only BOB options offered right now:

So yes, you'll need to buy food somewhere, or bring your own.
Yes, and my flight from DFW-PHL on 26Jun had neither option catered. Nothing but the little bag of pretzels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.