Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WhereAmIHeading
I flew J in LGA - CHS in December. The male FA looked new to J. After a first flight of bourbons (CMH-LGA), asked for a Truly (something lighter) and got maybe 5 oz poured in a glass with ice. I decided to ask for a bourbon and I got probably 10oz with a little ice in the 12 oz glass. This FA did not understand bartending but I sure arrived to CHS happy.
You won the day!
WhereAmIHeading likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by Louiskie
Haven't flown domestic first since the meals came back so forgive my asking a naive question. RDU-AUS at 730am...food in first? And return at 7pm? Just trying to plan and/or get excited 😂
Yes. The flight is 1162 miles so you will receive a cold meal.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
I was on AA2009 DFW-SEA last week and ordered the Diabetic Meal. It consisted of a shrimp/coleslaw thing, a regular salad with balsamic vinaigrette, grilled chicken breast, grilled cauliflower, baked squash. Sourdough dinner roll and a package of gluten free chocolate chip cookies. Sorry, forgot to take pics. Chicken breast was well seasoned and moist, veg was good.
WhereAmIHeading likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Eagle “cold meal” J breakfast, LGA-IAH

Two options were vegetarian (egg salad) or “protein”. I was hoping for the smoked salmon, which was an AA cold meal I had before meals returned post COVID. Naturally with hope/expectations, comes the let down. This is the “protein” which is really almost all sugar or junk food.

We also got a pass of the snack basket and no glassware.

Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Louiskie
Haven't flown domestic first since the meals came back so forgive my asking a naive question. RDU-AUS at 730am...food in first? And return at 7pm? Just trying to plan and/or get excited 😂
Yeah, I wouldn't get Too excited!
cmd320 and BlooJoo like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:05 pm

Best of the choices

I have a ORD-MCO flight coming up in a week and a half my options for dinner are the Greek Salad which is already removed from consideration or the Roasted Turkey sandwich with Pesto Cream Cheese or try and order a special meal (I know probably won’t get a special meal anyways even if I order it). Is that the Turkey sandwich that I’ve seen in the thread or is this a different one? I haven’t gotten all the way through the thread yet for this year.

Advise please.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Prospero
snacks are available for purchase on flights over 1,500 miles
Unless they don’t stock them, like my last PHL-DEN flight that I was stuck at #1 on the UG list.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by ceebee100
At that point whenever I see those 2 choices, I select either Asian Veg, Hindu or Muslim. Guaranteed hot meal and you will be the envy of the entire F cabin who didn't have the foresight to preorder the hot meal. Trust me when I say you can smell it heating up in the ovens!
Originally Posted by RaindropT
Dinner flight in July, MCI - PHX - choices are the dreaded turkey sandwich and the equally dreaded Greek salad. I'm thinking I'll do one of the special meals. Anyone know what the diabetic meal consists of? Or maybe the Asian Veg, but reading upthread that it's not as good as it used to be. I've never done any of the special meals so have no idea what to choose. Thanks for your help!
Originally Posted by george 3
a tough flight to have dinner on as the restaurant options having flown to/from MCI leave a lot to be desired. Might try bbq in-town before leaving KC.

what did you end up going with? Have a similar choice and opted for diabetic, but after these comments thinking of switching to the Hindu as I generally feel it reheats well.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by safari ari
what did you end up going with? Have a similar choice and opted for diabetic, but after these comments thinking of switching to the Hindu as I generally feel it reheats well.
I haven't flown it yet - fly on Saturday, July 16th. I pre-ordered the Diabetic meal. I'll let you know how it is!
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by RaindropT
I haven't flown it yet - fly on Saturday, July 16th. I pre-ordered the Diabetic meal. I'll let you know how it is!
Might end up letting you know then, flying the 14th.
RaindropT likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:54 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by safari ari
Might end up letting you know then, flying the 14th.
From my post a few posts back...
I was on AA2009 DFW-SEA last week and ordered the Diabetic Meal. It consisted of a shrimp/coleslaw thing, a regular salad with balsamic vinaigrette, grilled chicken breast, grilled cauliflower, baked squash. Sourdough dinner roll and a package of gluten free chocolate chip cookies. Sorry, forgot to take pics. Chicken breast was well seasoned and moist, veg was good.
safari ari likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Cornelia
I have a ORD-MCO flight coming up in a week and a half my options for dinner are the Greek Salad which is already removed from consideration or the Roasted Turkey sandwich with Pesto Cream Cheese or try and order a special meal (I know probably won’t get a special meal anyways even if I order it). Is that the Turkey sandwich that I’ve seen in the thread or is this a different one? I haven’t gotten all the way through the thread yet for this year.

Advise please.
Flying out of Chicago Terminal 3? That's easy. Walk through Concourse K, look for Gate K4, and eat at Tortas Frontera. Once you are in the air, order multiple Woodfords on the rocks.
EXPLAT, AAway, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
So this seems to be a new one for me, the options for a morning ex-MEX flight next week. As someone who’s not the biggest fan of overly sweet things in the early am, I’m half thinking of going with the steak. Do you all actually think the choices will hold, or will the steak I order magically become some egg dish when being served?

Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I'm going to go with that's going to become some kind of egg dish.
fender5787 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by fender5787
So this seems to be a new one for me, the options for a morning ex-MEX flight next week. As someone who’s not the biggest fan of overly sweet things in the early am, I’m half thinking of going with the steak. Do you all actually think the choices will hold, or will the steak I order magically become some egg dish when being served?

What time is the departure? I can't tell if that's breakfast for lunch. Excited for new options ex-MEX though! Also, what segment?
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.