Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
According to Wiki. Sam is 70 y.o. Married. Two sons. And lives in Kona, Big Island.
enviroian likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
7/29 BOS-DFW AM flight, seat 2C

PDB served, hot towels shortly after takeoff. Dinner orders taken from Back to Front. Still a choice when the FA got to my row. Omelet with Swiss and Spinach, potatoes and fruit or the Salmon and boiled egg with fruit.
Chose the omelet, it was good, but not great. Potatoes were same, but fruit was outstanding. FA brought by a bread basket with choice of warm biscuits, croissants, or pastries. Had a croissant.
I had brought coffee from the AC, but also had water during the flight. FA checked on everyone several times and would refill drinks and bread if needed.

Lead FA Emily was awesome in every way and made this a very good flight. I sent kudos about her through AA Customer relations.
enviroian and ryanbriar like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
I’m due to fly YVR to DFW later this month on my first ever AA flight. I duly pre-ordered the spinach frittata and chicken sandwich for breakfast which sounded lovely.

Then I got this email. It seems to be hedging its bets. It doesn’t quite say I won’t get it, but my sense is I probably won’t!

Do the AA regulars have any sense of what I might be offered instead? I’m flying Domestic First.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Did you check your reservation to review current meal options?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by Segments
Did you check your reservation to review current meal options?
Yes, there’s now no option at all for that leg YVR to DFW although the option to choose a meal from DFW to LHR still remains.

Last edited by CoweyB; Aug 2, 2022 at 12:29 pm
Old Aug 2, 2022, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Gate Gourmet workers in YVR have provided notice of strike (see the thread on the Air Canada board) but are still in negotiations. If that is who AA uses for catering at YVR, then that message may be in preparation for a possible strike.
CoweyB likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:23 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by CoweyB
Yes, there’s now no option at all for that leg YVR to DFW although the option to choose a meal from DFW to LHR still remains.
There is a work action/strike at the catering company that AA uses at YVR. It started on Aug 1. AA's YVR-DFW flights are currently double catered from DFW.
CoweyB and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know if the ginger toffee cake and/or sticky toffee pudding is available as a third dessert choice (in addition to the sundae and cheese plate) in transcon J? So far I've only seen reports and pictures of it in F.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by dkc192
Does anyone know if the ginger toffee cake and/or sticky toffee pudding is available as a third dessert choice (in addition to the sundae and cheese plate) in transcon J? So far I've only seen reports and pictures of it in F.
I keep missing both those desserts you asked about and I want to try both as those are 2 things I love. The lemon tart & butter cake are bad & average respectively Imo.. I cant say for sure b/c I've been in F not J for last dozen or so flights but I believe the dessert menu reads the same and the only difference is the soup course.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA
LAX-PHL 8/3

Solid meal especially considering my T-100 upgrade. The solo J FA seemed a little overwhelmed and the meal service took about 2 hours.
Upside down cake for dessert (not pictured), which was tasty but not warm and missing ice cream.

Overall, it's nice to see AA delivering an elevated product on the non-premium transcons.
chrisny2, wrp96, ryanbriar and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Why served all at once?

Originally Posted by golfer20

Solid meal especially considering my T-100 upgrade. The solo J FA seemed a little overwhelmed and the meal service took about 2 hours.
Upside down cake for dessert (not pictured), which was tasty but not warm and missing ice cream.

Overall, it's nice to see AA delivering an elevated product on the non-premium transcons.
Putting everything on one tray on a coast to coast flight makes no sense. No matter what, the main course will get cold.
ValleyEarl likes this.

Last edited by aztimm; Aug 5, 2022 at 10:59 am Reason: removed quote of pictures (for visibility on tablets), and unnecessary COVID discussion.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
That meal looks really good. I wonder why it isn't served course by course. Perhaps if you ask the stew he'll tell you "we used to do that but not anymore" and "please don't cut across the galley".
ValleyEarl likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by golfer20
You got a printed menu on LAX-PHL? Is that a thing now? Bilingual because ...? (I don't have a problem with it, just seems like a mistake)
donotblink and golfer20 like this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
You got a printed menu on LAX-PHL? Is that a thing now? Bilingual because ...? (I don't have a problem with it, just seems like a mistake)
Talking about a menu. Recently I did round trip BOS-LAX in Flagship J. Both BOS-LAX and LAX-BOS FA handed out menus to only passengers without pre-ordered meals. I pre-ordered meals in both direction and did not receive a menu on both flights. It happened on both flights so I was wondering if that is the thing now, printed menu only to passengers with no pre-order?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Talking about a menu. Recently I did round trip BOS-LAX in Flagship J. Both BOS-LAX and LAX-BOS FA handed out menus to only passengers without pre-ordered meals. I pre-ordered meals in both direction and did not receive a menu on both flights. It happened on both flights so I was wondering if that is the thing now, printed menu only to passengers with no pre-order?
That shouldn't be the case, because the preordering system only gives you visibility into the entree choices and not everything else that will be served (e.g., appetizer and dessert).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.