Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2022, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS36
Had this out of BOS in November, it actually wasn't terrible. The polenta almost looked line mashed potatoes.
I've honestly never tried polenta....is the taste similar?
Old Dec 30, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Each time I try it, it struck me as a blander version of mashed potatoes. Although I think my only experiences with it have been in the air (seems to be a popular side lately on a few domestic carriers).

I kind of want to try it on the ground as part of a normal meal sometime in case my perception of it has been tainted from airplane meals.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by econ
Each time I try it, it struck me as a blander version of mashed potatoes. Although I think my only experiences with it have been in the air (seems to be a popular side lately on a few domestic carriers).

I kind of want to try it on the ground as part of a normal meal sometime in case my perception of it has been tainted from airplane meals.
Interesting....I can't remember seeing polenta as an option at any restaurant I've been to lately but I'm sure it's out there somewhere....lol.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 9:12 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Polenta is made from ground corn. If I were to compare it to another starch dish, the closest would be grits.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
AA.com says my LIH-PHX red eye departing at 1045pm gets dinner. I didn’t think they served that late but maybe it’s changed. Any insight?
Old Dec 31, 2022, 2:17 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75, United Mileageplus
Properly done, its like cheesy grits. In the air, it's kind of gummy.

I would have preferred mashed potatoes with this dish but the polenta wasn't bad - I stirred it into the sauce
Old Dec 31, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
PHL-DEN 6:45pm departure

Short rib with Mac & Cheese

Harvest grain bowl with salmon. Pretty good and appreciated the more healthy choice!
Old Jan 1, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
AA6
OGG-DFW
31DEC

Pre-ordered the short rib and it came out as bad as I thought it would based on others’ data points above. Worst piece of ‘meat’ and potatoes I’ve had in a long time,. Appetizer and salad were decent though. FA working my side was excellent and friendly.

dpb132 and silverthief2 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
Originally Posted by econ

Polenta can be really good, but you've got to add things to it to spice it up a bit. Once it's cooked I put it into a shallow pan, brush it with butter or olive oil, then top it with shredded parm and some fire roasted diced tomatoes.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Annerk
Polenta can be really good, but you've got to add things to it to spice it up a bit. Once it's cooked I put it into a shallow pan, brush it with butter or olive oil, then top it with shredded parm and some fire roasted diced tomatoes.
That sounds delicious.. What time is dinner ???

I do brown butter with shaved parm & some roasted red peppers. I like polenta a lot but I would take garlic mashed potatoes anyday but that said there are far worse mashed potatoes than polenta. Mashed potatoes with russett or fingerlings I cant stand. Has to be red potatoes, lot of garlic, use cream... And preferably skin on. Yukon gold I love too thats my 2nd choice.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
PHX-LAX last night had a nice side salad... Good quality lettuce, cucumber, a couple tomatoes, some red onion, olives & feta cheese. A very good balsamic dressing too, better than the fancy ones that come in the little bottle on the Transcon routes. Packed bread roll so not ideal & a brownie cookie.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Annerk
As long as we are sharing favorite polenta recipes, mine is by Yotam Ottolenghi, Mushroom and herb polenta.
Annerk likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 4:49 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Time to close out the 2022 thread! Please post menus, photos, experiences, and questions about DOMESTIC meals in our new 2023 thread here: 2023 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Thanks! /Moderator
LCSinTexas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.