Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
So what route lengths and times qualify for the new hot meals?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:11 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Just flew CLT-DCA in Y, and there was only a choice of water and OJ in the back. Rude crew who kept announcing over the PA that everyone "better have their choice made up by the time we got to your row or else we won't have time to serve everyone". Asked a FA why there wasn't sodas/other soft-drinks catered and they said this flight never had a full beverage service in back. Odd, because my flight to CLT yesterday had a full beverage service.

Wondering if the flight was simply mis-catered and the crew didn't want to explain that or they changed the beverage mileage again. AA.com still says 250 miles.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CLT
Just flew CLT-DCA in Y, and there was only a choice of water and OJ in the back. Rude crew who kept announcing over the PA that everyone "better have their choice made up by the time we got to your row or else we won't have time to serve everyone". Asked a FA why there wasn't sodas/other soft-drinks catered and they said this flight never had a full beverage service in back. Odd, because my flight to CLT yesterday had a full beverage service.

Wondering if the flight was simply mis-catered and the crew didn't want to explain that or they changed the beverage mileage again. AA.com still says 250 miles.
If it was miscatered, they would have just said so. It was probably a lazy crew.
enviroian, wrp96, CLT and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by DMPHL
If it was miscatered, they would have just said so. It was probably a lazy crew.
Wrong, they don’t cater enough water and juice for every passenger. So if they had enough for everyone then it was catered for a water and juice service by the airline.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 9:55 pm

Catering

Not making any excuses, but catering has
been a hot mess lately. The FAs have made multiple reports, and the company just brushes us off.
AAway, apeortdz, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
So I'm legitimately confused. Got back from these four flights. The first three were the same cold options (charcuterie plate or pretzel bread vegetarian sandwich), and the latter was no meal due to late departure. None of these qualified for the new hot meals?
By the way, ex-SXM, the "charcuterie plate" was a plate of lunch salami.
Overall, disappointing.
correct, it needs to be over 1500 miles (over 3.5 hours) and during meal hours, meal hours cut off is 9pm, so your last one qualify for the distance but fell out of meal hours
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
correct, it needs to be over 1500 miles (over 3.5 hours) and during meal hours, meal hours cut off is 9pm, so your last one qualify for the distance but fell out of meal hours
The last one wouldn't qualify anyway at 1,276 miles. If it had, the first one would have qualified (since it's the same segment in reverse.) Really appreciate your clearing it up for me. Needs to be 1,500 miles, 3.5 hours and meal times. Got it.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
This one was good ex-MEX.
AA's catering out of MEX is probably the best in the system for non-Flagship flights.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:11 pm

Any sundaes out there on non-premium (32T, LAX-MIA, DFW-Hawaii, etc) routes? Curious about dinner time tcons (2200mi+) like PHL-LAX or MIA-SEA that used to have sundaes pre-covid and am wondering if sundaes are back or if it's the pre-packaged ice cream/sorbet I'm seeing in reports above from midcons?

Last edited by 747kona; Mar 12, 2022 at 10:19 pm
Old Mar 12, 2022, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 747kona
Any sundaes out there on non-premium (32T, LAX-MIA, DFW-Hawaii, etc) routes? Curious about dinner time tcons (2200mi+) like PHL-LAX or MIA-SEA that used to have sundaes pre-covid and am wondering if sundaes are back or if it's the pre-packaged ice cream/sorbet I'm seeing in reports above from midcons?
I got a small pre-packaged sorbet's on my PHL->LAX domestic F, posted the pictures here a few weeks back I think.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by 747kona
Non-premium transcon routes are supposed to get a choice of ice cream or fruite/cheese plate. On my last CLT - SFO flight, the ice cream choice was a small container of Haagen Dazs' dulce de leche which was delicious but poorly served as AA didn't provide spoons and you had to use the plastic one inside the ice cream container.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP. HH DIAMOND.
AA2363 Cold Plates

ORD-DEN 3pm departure

Orders taken back to front, service front to back.
Warm nuts & drinks to start.

Choice of Cajun shrimp salad or vegetarian salad. Odd to find a meal as milecalc has it at 888 miles.

Vegeterian Salad was OK fresh enough, pasta salad was good, & the new bundt cakes were served.

Old Mar 14, 2022, 6:06 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
3/12 AA2331 CLE-->DFW - Got the vegetarian pretzel roll sandwich. Bottom was super soggy, borderline inedible. No nuts (warm or otherwise). At least there was glassware and silverware rather than plastic.
robertablake likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 5:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA 465 CLT-SAN 1843-2056 A-321

I think due to this plane being a late inbound we had some miscaters.

Full PDB

No Glenlivet or even Dewers catered. Boo.

Options were pasta with red sauce or chicken. No rolls were catered. The shrimp and chicken were both very good and it was nice having better salad dressing.

Dessert options were this tiny thing of ice cream (the FA didn't even pass out spoons, she told people to use the plastic one) or a cheese plate. This seemed to be a mistake according to her but who knows.
FlyerBeek and robertablake like this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by CMK10
Dessert options were this tiny thing of ice cream (the FA didn't even pass out spoons, she told people to use the plastic one) or a cheese plate. This seemed to be a mistake according to her but who knows.
Mini Haagen-Dazs ice cream on regular domestic flight? Is this a mis-cater or an actual improvement?

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.